Jamar Hornsby getting SEC offers?

jgator21

I for one am shocked about this. After what this kid did I cant belive these guys would give him a shot.

Former Gator looking for a new home

Jamar Hornsy By Yancy Porter

Mississippi Scout

Posted Nov 17, 2008

The 6' 2, 210 pound safety out of East Central CC was named the MAJC North Region Defensive Player of the Year after collecting 111 tackles and 2 int's on the season. This does not surprise many considering the reverse transfer from the University of Florida was rated the #3 safety in the country coming out of high school.

The former 5-Star recruit signed with the Gators, took a redshirt, and was in the rotation at safety his redshirt freshman season. An off the field issue led Jamar to N' East CC and this season Hornsby let the rest of the country know that he is still around.

"The transition when I first got here was tough," added Jamar Hornsby. "You are use to playing in front of 90,000 fans, and then all of the sudden you are playing in front of a couple of thousand fans. It was tough. But once you get use to it, it is still football. The game is a little slower here, but there are guys in this league that could be playing at a school like Florida. Overall, it is just slower."

Jamar has already been through the recruiting process once. He now feels like he has an advantage over those who are being recruited for the first time.

"I know when they are telling me the truth and not telling the truth. That give me the upper hand."

Hornsby went over to one of the schools that is heavily involved with his recruitment, Ole Miss, this past weekend with his junior college coach.

"It was nice. I got a chance to meet Coach Nutt. He is a nice guy. I saw Coach Kim Damerson. We talk on the phone a couple of times a week, so it was good putting a face with a voice. He is a real nice guy. I also had a chance to meet a couple of their players. They seemed like really cool guys."

What was Jamar searching for before he arrived on his unofficial visit?

"I wanted to see the guys who were already there and how the players reacted to their coaches."

And what did he learn about Ole Miss on these issues?

"They have some pretty good talent at safety, but I can come in and play right away. Coach Nutt said he was looking for someone to fill in Jamarca Sanford's spot and he hoped I was that guy. Coach Dameron has been telling me that I have a great chance of coming in and starting. That is all I am looking for."

There is also one more major issue at hand.

"I just want the chance to play and where it feels at home. I had that homey feeling at Ole Miss, and I know I will have a chance to get on the field. I left with a good feeling about Ole Miss."

There is also another SEC program that is heavily involved.

"Alabama is another program I am looking at hard. They have offered me, along with Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Troy. I know Coach Smart (at Alabama) really well. He was an assistant at Georgia when they recruited me out of high school. He showed me around on my official visit at Georgia. I have that trust factor with him because of our long standing relationship."

Is the former Sandalwood (FL) product looking to get back in the SEC?

"It would be nice, but I have two years left, and I want to get back on the field and make some plays. Oregon has started recruiting me too. I just want a chance to make an impact."

The expected May graduate has two schools in mind when it comes time to take his official visits.

"I am defintley going to Alabama, and I am miost likely going to Ole Miss. I do not

Last Fall there was a fatal motorcycle accident involving Sunshine Guilford (UF's scout team QB) and the girlfriend of Joe Haden (UF corner).

Jamar Hornsby went with Joe Haden to clean out the girls apartment, while there he stole her credit card...

To be honest im disappointed to hear that we have an offer out for him, is this a legit offer or just a claim by hornsby? I do believe in second chances but i dont want a felon playing on this team, we have had enough problems over the last few years (see jimmy johns). Its hard to believe a character coach that saban is would want this guy, other than seeing it as a challenge to help him. Even if he has been playing now and staying out of trouble i still feel that Ole sis can have him, theres no place at bama for him IMO..

Last Fall there was a fatal motorcycle accident involving Sunshine Guilford (UF's scout team QB) and the girlfriend of Joe Haden (UF corner).

Jamar Hornsby went with Joe Haden to clean out the girls apartment, while there he stole her credit card...

To be honest im disappointed to hear that we have an offer out for him, is this a legit offer or just a claim by hornsby? I do believe in second chances but i dont want a felon playing on this team, we have had enough problems over the last few years (see jimmy johns). Its hard to believe a character coach that saban is would want this guy, other than seeing it as a challenge to help him. Even if he has been playing now and staying out of trouble i still feel that Ole sis can have him, theres no place at bama for him IMO..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently Ole Piss is going after the ever classy Daniel Hood as well

I completely disagree on your comment about saban being a high character coach.. that isn't the case at all.

I completely disagree on your comment about saban being a high character coach.. that isn't the case at all.

So how does he not get and want his players to be of high character? Im not talking about saban himself being of high character..He is constantly preaching to his players about having good character..Please dont twist my tities :P

So how does he not get and want his players to be of high character? Im not talking about saban himself being of high character..He is constantly preaching to his players about having good character..Please dont twist my tities :P

Didn't DJ Hall get unsuspended at the half of last years ULM game? Didn't y'all have a player that sold crack cocaine and another that robbed somebody at gun point? Need I continue about Saban and his in house shenanigans?

Didn't DJ Hall get unsuspended at the half of last years ULM game? Didn't y'all have a player that sold crack cocaine and another that robbed somebody at gun point? Need I continue about Saban and his in house shenanigans?

:lol: please do. who recruited those players and who is on this team now? Nice try though barner.. DJ served his full suspension as well. You have no room to talk about character coaches, ears is as much of a liar as anyone is..i.e oxford, miss.. I know you are just hating because Saban is tearing old ears up on the recruiting trail and auburn is down and out so stop whining and crying already and shaking your fist about character when you clearly have none..

:lol: please do. who recruited those players and who is on this team now? Nice try though barner.. DJ served his full suspension as well. You have no room to talk about character coaches, ears is as much of a liar as anyone is..i.e oxford, miss.. I know you are just hating because Saban is tearing old ears up on the recruiting trail and auburn is down and out so stop whining and crying already and shaking your fist about character when you clearly have none..

I appear to have hit I sore spot and for that I apologize.

Yep Tubs is slipping in recruiting yet in a down year we have the 11th ranked class, boy it sure does suck, whipping y'all for seven is going to be saweet

"Ears, is a liar because he said something ten years ago."

He knows those were Shula recruits....no way he is that ignorant. He just never misses a chance to rip on Saban esp since the Auburn program and Tuberville never make mistakes.