Philadelphia Inquirer

bossFALCON™

In case McNabb didn't know this either, in all likelihood, his reign here in Philadelphia is just about over. That's not a lock, because Andy Reid is a supremely stubborn and loyal man. But with the Eagles at 5-4-1 - such a 1970s record if there ever was one - we probably are entering the final six-game slate of the McNabb era in Philadelphia.

Given how he helped resurrect this franchise, McNabb's tenure shouldn't end this way - ugly and unsatisfying - but it probably will anyway.

If the Eagles miss the playoffs for the third time in four years, and there's absolutely no reason to think that they won't, someone has to go. Given the tight relationship in the front office, it's unlikely that Jeffrey Lurie will fire Joe Banner or Reid. Reid won't let go of offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. Maybe the triumvirate sacrifices general manager Tom Heckert, but really, what would that accomplish or whom would that satisfy?

The likely scenario, despite Reid's undeniable bond with the man he selected out of Syracuse with the second pick in the 1999 draft, is that the Eagles will say thanks and goodbye to McNabb.

If they haven't already, the whispers will begin soon enough. Have you watched this Kevin Kolb kid? He sure looks good in practice. McNabb? He never did recover from that knee injury. Have you seen how reluctant he is to run?

And so it will begin.

do you guys think the eagles would be making the right move by trading or cutting mcnabb to go with kolb or somebody else?

You know how it goes in the NFL someone has to take tha blame. And that someone seems to be McNabb when it should be Andy Reid. Given the surgance (sp) of the Giants I don't see how he'll be able to keep up in that division anymore. Andy Reid is too stubborn and he needs to realize that in order to win games especially if you plan on winning games in the NFC East you must run the ball. You have the best running back in the NFL and you don't utilize him properly. That's not a McNabb problem, that's a coaching problem. Philly fans are screaming for McNabb to be ran out of town but they're fools if they think that the problems will go away once he leaves.

Andy Reid, not McNabb should be the one leaving.. But such is life in the NFL and someone has to be the fall guy. McNabb doesn't deserve the crap that he's getting in Philly and I hope he requests a trade at the end of the year.

You know how it goes in the NFL someone has to take tha blame. And that someone seems to be McNabb when it should be Andy Reid. Given the surgance (sp) of the Giants I don't see how he'll be able to keep up in that division anymore. Andy Reid is too stubborn and he needs to realize that in order to win games especially if you plan on winning games in the NFC East you must run the ball. You have the best running back in the NFL and you don't utilize him properly. That's not a McNabb problem, that's a coaching problem. Philly fans are screaming for McNabb to be ran out of town but they're fools if they think that the problems will go away once he leaves.

Andy Reid, not McNabb should be the one leaving.. But such is life in the NFL and someone has to be the fall guy. McNabb doesn't deserve the crap that he's getting in Philly and I hope he requests a trade at the end of the year.

I agree. Reid is no where near as good a coach as he is made out to be.

if the vikings are competent they will give the eagles a good offer for mcnabb. they are a QB away from being extremely competitive and mcnabb would instantly make them substantially better no matter how much i may dislike him (largely because hes an eagle). the vikings had better be ready to pounce the SECOND he is thought to be available.

imagine mcnabb behind that offensive line, with AP, bernard berrian, sidney rice, thomas tapeh (former teammate in philly), shancoe... holy crap. then with that rush defense and a slowly improving pass defense...

theyd be legitimate contenders... finally.

if the vikings are competent they will give the eagles a good offer for mcnabb. they are a QB away from being extremely competitive and mcnabb would instantly make them substantially better no matter how much i may dislike him (largely because hes an eagle). the vikings had better be ready to pounce the SECOND he is thought to be available.

imagine mcnabb behind that offensive line, with AP, bernard berrian, sidney rice, thomas tapeh (former teammate in philly), shancoe... holy crap. then with that rush defense and a slowly improving pass defense...

theyd be legitimate contenders... finally.

It was just hilarious anybody expected the Vikings to do something with either Jackson or Ferrotte at QB. That's a joke. :lol: