Guitar Hero vs Rock Band

The drums for Guitar Hero World Tour are better drums. The guitar for both suck, get the Ant Commandos Widow Maker guitar. As far as gameplay, the interface is a little cleaner on the Guitar Hero series. The bars versus buttons for the keys that appear on screen aren't as slick on Rock Band series. Both are equally fun, so get both and play them all. The only game in either series I don't own is the original Guitar Hero.

I don't know what you're asking. But if you rent or borrow the first Rock Band from someone then for $5 you can rip all the songs from it to your hard drive for use in Rock Band 2.

Ok. I forgot to edit that question. When you get the update every week for those new songs is it free?

Ok. I forgot to edit that question. When you get the update every week for those new songs is it free?

If your asking about the new songs each week that are released, it costs roughly $2.00 a song, or 160 microsoft points (sometimes they are .99 or 80 ms points). Its the same with guitar hero, but the only difference is that there are a lot more songs to choose from. Usually, around 6 songs are released each week. Sometimes they release an entire album. The last album released was the Foo Fighters, The Colour and the Shape. Whether you choose to buy these songs or not, the core setlist of Rock Band is more diverse and better than that of Guitar Hero's, in my opinion.

cant you just update it with your own songs? or is that just for your computer

There is a way to import your own songs into Guitar Hero, but it involves a modded xbox and a lot of different programs that overwrite the disc information. But other than that, you cannot put your own songs in the game.