Interesting Stats

I was watching NFL Countdown (i believe thats the name) and on the little scorller thing on the bottom they were showing stats of the top five players at their position....

The one thing i noticed is that we have played 4 teams that has a QB in the top 10:

Drew Brees- 3,251 yards, 18 TD

Jay Cutler- 2,832 yards, 19 TD

Donovan McNabb- 2,711 Yards, 14 TD

Aaron Rodgers- 2,351 yards, 15 TD

now out of those 4 games we lost 3 and those 3 qbs are all in the top 5....

Now these QB's stats in the game vs us:

Brees- 422 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT

Cutler- 216 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT

McNabb- 253 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT

Rodgers- 313 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT

Many people look at this Secondary and think that we suck there...its hard to post good numbers against the top QBs in the NFL this season....we are a very young team and games like these will only help them improve. The secondary has become 10x's better since the CAR and PHI games and the only reason Brees had good numbers was because we played in prevent.

The real problem is with the pass rush (at least on defense) as we've seen the past few weeks, teams have begun to double team Abe all day because he is our pass rush. The defense has to start generating a better rush and blitzes have to be called more often.

Given these stats...our secondary will be surprisingly good next year as long as we get help up front

edit:brees had 2 TD's not 3 like i first posted...thanks argmanarg

LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!! I don't exactly know what you are seeing here...but look at the avg's for each qb with those stats....

301 YDS Passing

1.75 TDS

1 INT

Now if u ask me, lets round that 1.75 up to 2... cuz u cant score 1.75 tds in a game.

Those are pretty good numbers...Hmm not seein how u find our secondary good, with these numbers....

IN MY OPINION... Our defense needs upgrading majorly in the Secondary. I think it is the most underdeveloped part of our team... I give them credit tho, they are def playin a lot harder then they were last year under this new staff.

LOOK AT THOSE STATS!!!! I don't exactly know what you are seeing here...but look at the avg's for each qb with those stats....

301 YDS Passing

1.75 TDS

1 INT

Now if u ask me, lets round that 1.75 up to 2... cuz u cant score 1.75 tds in a game.

Those are pretty good numbers...Hmm not seein how u find our secondary good, with these numbers....

IN MY OPINION... Our defense needs upgrading majorly in the Secondary. I think it is the most underdeveloped part of our team... I give them credit tho, they are def playin a lot harder then they were last year under this new staff.

:huh:

How do you expect them to do good against these QB's when we dont get pass rush up front...in those games i think we had..6 sacks? and 4 of them came against GB and PHI.....

w/o aaron rodgers we've played 3 qb's in the top 5....TOP 5!!!! and for the PHI game Foxy still wasnt starting....and the NO game doesnt show much either...untill the 4th quarter brees had 3 INT's 1 TD and like 190 yards or so...(top of the head stats)

Its nearly impossible to contain QB's with no pass rush....

Nice post. I think those who feel like 300 yds, 1.75 tds, and 1 int avg indicate that we are playing poorly are missing the point of the thread- These are the top passing QBs in the game. We are no world beaters vs. the pass, but IMO it is a respectable showing when taking the competition into account.

We play soft zone cover 2 most of the time. The whole concept of the defense is to take away big plays - but will give up underneath plays often. The defense hopes for offensive mistakes. Most teams the run soft cover 2 will be driven on down the field often - but they tighten up near the endzone due to the shortened field. What this means is - we will give up a lot of yards - but not a lot of TDs - mainly FGs.

We just need our LBs to make more plays underneath - they have not been great on passing downs this year.