Is Jimmie Johnson one of the best? Congrats to JJ for 3 in a row..

SacFalcFan

:P :D

I know we would have 10 threads on this if it was jeff g or dale jr..

Absolutely he is one of the best - one of the great claims by the Earnhardt lovers is that he is better than Petty because he did it when the field was level - Well Jimmie did it when the field was level and during a car change, I would say it's the greatest 3 year run in NASCAR history

JJ is one of the best drivers, but he's not that much better than any of the top guys.

Make no mistake, the Lowes 48 has won 3 titles because of Chad Knaus and a great, stable team of builders and engineers. Johnson deserves credit, but with that team, there are several drivers who would've won.

Absolutely he is one of the best - one of the great claims by the Earnhardt lovers is that he is better than Petty because he did it when the field was level - Well Jimmie did it when the field was level and during a car change, I would say it's the greatest 3 year run in NASCAR history

i completely agree.. Great driver and one of the greatest 3 year runs ever.

In his era, you can't deny that Johnson should be ranked with the best. That said, NASCAR's technology has changed greatly over the years and drivers owe a TON of their success in today's NASCAR to their engineers. Jimmy is a smooth and smart driver no doubt, but do I think he could have done the same thing in the 1970's or the 80's? Tough to say. I will say that Chad Knaus is one of the smartest minds in racing though.