With all the hate around here I'm loving this team...

pren226

We are playing above and beyond what 98% of us thought we would be and yet people are still acting like the sky is falling after losing a game we could have won. To be 6 and 4 right now is truley a wonderful thing for real fans.

Not let me tell you what I have not liked lately. The first two drives last week and the week prior. I've read that we script our first 14 plays and really stick to them. I'm not digging the first 14 the past two weeks. I wish we would establish the run right up the middle. Good ol smash mouth football. We tried a flea flicker on our first drive 2 weeks ago!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I like the tricky stuff. But not right out of the gates. I know a lot of y'all are dawg fans and for the longest all their first drives they would throw a deep 9 route right out of the gates. I think UGA's and our plays would be great to convert but they rarely work and it is a waste of a down. If we are going to waste downs at the start of the game let's just pound the rock and see what we get.

What do you all think?

Now that I think about it the scripting of plays might now be such a good thing. I think they are only doing it to help Matt out but I kind of hope they don't do it next season and beyond. Making adjustments is such a big part of football you know. And scripting drives kind of takes away from that. I mean, what if we script plays expecting to see a certain Defensive line up and get something totally different??? :huh: That wouldn't be good. I guess when it works it's cool but it does have its negatives...

Now that I think about it the scripting of plays might now be such a good thing. I think they are only doing it to help Matt out but I kind of hope they don't do it next season and beyond. Making adjustments is such a big part of football you know. And scripting drives kind of takes away from that. I mean, what if we script plays expecting to see a certain Defensive line up and get something totally different??? :huh: That wouldn't be good. I guess when it works it's cool but it does have its negatives...

All teams script out the starting series. It's not just the Falcons.