Gun control

j105

My brother in laws grandma just bought him an AK-47 as a gift. Which got me thinking about two things:

1.) Why the **** is his grandma so awesome

and 2.) Gun control in general

With the assault weapon ban no longer active, its legal for my bro n' law to have this gun. And while he is responsible and i know he can handle the power of owning one(unless he changes his mind and shoots me up Thanksgiving day), it got me thinking about all the crazys who could also own one, and blow away their local Burger King with an assault rifle the next time they feel like it.

So the question i pose to you is, should gun control be expanded(something Obama will probably try to accomplish)

OR do we all have the right to bear arms and arm bears?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason i could possibly even CONSIDER needing an AK for would be to go blow away the jackass that made Trix round again.

Anything other than Round Trix is blasphemy. period. I don't need a shape to tell me what fruit it is, I can tell by color. :lol:

There has to be a way to protect the rights of law abiding citizens while still making sure crooks don't get their hands on guns. If I was a terrorist, I would purchase weapons (legally or have a friend buy some at gun shows for me) and every Monday, I'd have two operatives go downtown in a different major city and blast away until somebody shot them dead. After about three Mondays in three different cities, after the pattern was revealed, two things would happen:

1. People would call off who work downtown every Monday in major cities

2. The stance on gun control would change to where people either had extensive restrictions or guns would practically be given to all citizens to blast away at the first sign of trouble

It's so easy to get guns now, the laws against felons owning them are a joke.

In a free country, every law abiding citizen should have the right to own whatever guns they feel are needed for self protection or hunting.

So you feel you need an AK to protect yourself. What is after you sir?

and what are you hunting? Tanks?

Im all for less gun control if there is an actual reason, but i don't see those as good ones.

There has to be a way to protect the rights of law abiding citizens while still making sure crooks don't get their hands on guns. If I was a terrorist, I would purchase weapons (legally or have a friend buy some at gun shows for me) and every Monday, I'd have two operatives go downtown in a different major city and blast away until somebody shot them dead. After about three Mondays in three different cities, after the pattern was revealed, two things would happen:

1. People would call off who work downtown every Monday in major cities

2. The stance on gun control would change to where people either had extensive restrictions or guns would practically be given to all citizens to blast away at the first sign of trouble

It's so easy to get guns now, the laws against felons owning them are a joke.

That plan is either super crazy, or super smart. I cant really decide which.

In a free country, every law abiding citizen should have the right to own whatever guns they feel are needed for self protection or hunting.

Yeah, but we're all law abiding until we break the law. Are you saying that if a neighbor has a stockpile big enough for an army and is steadily buying more, that wouldn't concern you? What if the neighbor had "radical" ideology that specifically targeted your race, religion, or lifestyle? What if he showed up on television advocating "war" to make the country fit into his world view? At what point do you concern yourself that a law abiding but apparently unstable citizen might be a danger?

As a law abiding citizen, I should be able to own any gun I want whether it be for hunting(not a big fan of), defense, or just sport shooting.

As far as like a car, meaning that they have to be registered, and any transfer involves actually going and having it transferred the same way you do a car. I would prefer no ad valorem tax though.

Im all for less gun control if there is an actual reason, but i don't see those as good ones.

The 2nd amendment wasn't meant to facilitate hunting, personal enjoyment such as collecting, or a deterrent against crime. It was meant as an empowerment of the citizenry against the threat of a well regulated militia (army) under the control of state and federal government. Somehow, that concept has been lost in our acquiescence to a large central government.

Yeah, but we're all law abiding until we break the law. Are you saying that if a neighbor has a stockpile big enough for an army and is steadily buying more, that wouldn't concern you? What if the neighbor had "radical" ideology that specifically targeted your race, religion, or lifestyle? What if he showed up on television advocating "war" to make the country fit into his world view? At what point do you concern yourself that a law abiding but apparently unstable citizen might be a danger?

What is wrong with the first item? If he wants to purchase how ever many guns, what does that matter. He only has 2 hands. As far as the radical ideaology, again, that is no concern if it is just a belief. Once he gets on the news and starts advocating war, if he breaks a law, then he should lose his privilege to own guns.

At what point to you start taking people's driver's licenses away? If they are still passing the test, do you take it? I don't see how it is right to penalize someone for something they haven't done yet, and may not ever do.

Different people like different things. Isn't it all about freedom of choice? Thats what they say about other controversial issues. Why cant I have that choice on what type of gun I want as long as I am not breaking any laws?

I believe they should ban them everywhere...no need for them and only violence will come out of them

I have guns in the double digits, but I have never committed a violent crime with one, or even hunt for that matter So how does only violence become of my guns? Assuming you aren't a watermelon or cantaloupe of course.

Lets just burn all the guns and go back to swords. I mean think about it, anyone can get lucky with a gun and kill you. Back in the day you had to earn respect fighting with blades and what not. Those were real men. Now we just fire 10000 bullets and hope we hit something.

Then again, if i saw a dude coming at me with a blade, id probably want to shoot him.

I have guns in the double digits, but I have never committed a violent crime with one, or even hunt for that matter So how does only violence become of my guns? Assuming you aren't a watermelon or cantaloupe of course.

So do you collect them? I could understand that. Lots of people have collections. Or if you enter shooting competitions.

I believe they should ban them everywhere...no need for them and only violence will come out of them

If you choose not to have a gun of any kind, that is certainly your right (unless you live in Kennesaw, Ga.) If I choose to have a gun, that is my right also. I have had guns all my life and there has never been one iota of violence associated with any of my guns.