One of my many dreams finally comes true this sunday

Guest .WP

Guest WoodyPaige

I'm in a little bit of a writing mood today, and next sundays game against the Panties has me hyped up so I thought I'd share a little bit about me with y'all.

I'm currently a high school senior and live in Puerto Rico (that's in the Caribbean sea, for those who don't know). I've been a Falcons fan since the Minny game in '02 (I'd say I was about 10 years old). Please, spare me the "Vick hugger" comments. Vick was the reason why I first became a fan of this team, but over the years I grew to love the Falcons as a team and I am proud to say that I have not missed a single game during the last 4 years. I'm sure that might not sound as impressive for you hardcore fans (many of you probably think a 6 year fan isn't a long time fan) , but trust me, I would've followed the Birds from '66 had I been around at that time.

I am probably the only hardcore Falcons fan on this island, and honestly, none of you know how frustrating that is (except maybe other foreigners). You should see people's faces when I tell them I can't go out on sundays because I have to watch the game; they look at me like if I had broken some kind of taboo. Most of my friends used to call me Vick due to all the jerseys I used to wear. Many people here look at my fanhood as if it was some weird fetish, because they can't appreciate this great game of football and why I like this team so much. If I were to tell you every anecdote, I would never finish...Personally, I find it hilarious. ^_^ Point is, I'm as decked out in Falcon's gear as you can imagine..Bed sheets, Xbox skins, car stickers, wrist watches, you name it...I bleed red and black and that's all that matters. B)

The great passion I hold for the Falcons has also ignited my interest in the Atlanta Hawks, who I've followed very closely since last year (yes, before the Bibby trade and the playoff run). Not to mention, I plan on attending Georgia Tech next fall to study Computer Engineering (in fact, I have a scheduled campus visit for next tuesday).

But finally...FINALLY...I get to share the experience of being at a Falcon's game.I have been to the states many times, in fact I went to a Jets/Steelers game last year (in which I rocked my DirtyBird gear) but I have never been to Atlanta because it is too expensive for me to visit just to see a game. Well, I finally got my first job last year, so I've personally saved up for almost half a year to pay for all the expenses. Obviously, I will be taking my mother as well. Hopefully she will understand what a first down is by the end of the game :lol: But the important thing is, that for one week, I will actually get to celebrate a Falcons TD with people who hopefully share the same love I have for this team. I already have around 300 something posts on this board, but I am very excited to take a more active part in the whole community (both online and as a fan going to games) now that I can control my destiny a little bit more and will probably move to ATL next year.

What I'd really like to say is..for those who can watch our team every week. DONT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED! You don't know how much I've been waiting for next sunday.

I plan to make the most out of this trip, and that is why I write this. I want to arrive early, so what time would you recommend for arrival? Also, are there any places I should check out near or around the dome?

I have never been tailgating and I would love to, but obviously as a visitor I have no realistic shot at doing this...or do I? Are some folks usually willing to let you join? And finally, what's my best chance at grabbing some autographs?

I realize this post is a bit lengthy, so I sincerely thank you all for reading, and will appreciate your answers.

NOW LET'S BEAT EM PANTIES!

-Gabriel

What I'd really like to say is..for those who can watch our team every week. DONT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED! You don't know how much I've been waiting for next sunday.

I hear you man, well said. But I used to never miss a game from '89-'02. Now I cherish every opportunity I get to go now since I am acitve duty.

Good read. I live two hours away from the Dome, and I wish I could make it every Sunday. I try to make two or three home games a season. Gotta love NFL Ticket. I don't take any play for granted. I really do wish I could make EVERY single Falcons game. The Falcons gams I get to go to are always some of the best times ever. The Bears game was my first home game this season. What a homecoming..I couldn't have asked for a better day. It was a nice two hour drive back home!

Get in Atlanta early...like in the morning sometime. The game isn't until 4:15, so that gives you an advantage in looking around at everything. Check out the CNN building. HUGE, and a really good food court. A lot to see. Go to the upperdeck of the stadium outside to see all the Falcons tailgating...Radio broadcastings, games, tailgates, etc. A lot to see and do up there. People tailgating all around the Dome...I've met a lot of good people. I've come to find out that most Falcons fans just let you right in. Go up to a group that seem friendly enough, tell them about your situation, and I guarantee they'll welcome you with open arms. Try to find a tailgate with some good looking grub, because you know they'll invite you to eat...Or it never hurts to find some girls, ya know? Gotta love the Falcon girls.

There is so much to do in around the Dome...More than just football-related stuff. Take advantage of everything...before or after the game. Enjoy yourself, because it all goes by quick. Have fun, man.

Guest WoodyPaige
Good read. I live two hours away from the Dome, and I wish I could make it every Sunday. I try to make two or three home games a season. Gotta love NFL Ticket. I don't take any play for granted. I really do wish I could make EVERY single Falcons game. The Falcons gams I get to go to are always some of the best times ever. The Bears game was my first home game this season. What a homecoming..I couldn't have asked for a better day. It was a nice two hour drive back home!

Get in Atlanta early...like in the morning sometime. The game isn't until 4:15, so that gives you an advantage in looking around at everything. Check out the CNN building. HUGE, and a really good food court. A lot to see. Go to the upperdeck of the stadium outside to see all the Falcons tailgating...Radio broadcastings, games, tailgates, etc. A lot to see and do up there. People tailgating all around the Dome...I've met a lot of good people. I've come to find out that most Falcons fans just let you right in. Go up to a group that seem friendly enough, tell them about your situation, and I guarantee they'll welcome you with open arms. Try to find a tailgate with some good looking grub, because you know they'll invite you to eat...Or it never hurts to find some girls, ya know? Gotta love the Falcon girls.

There is so much to do in around the Dome...More than just football-related stuff. Take advantage of everything...before or after the game. Enjoy yourself, because it all goes by quick. Have fun, man.

Thanks man, I appreciate the suggestions. I will be arriving on Saturday and leaving on wednesday, so I will have time to check everything out. I'm staying at a Hyatt that is (supposedly) "walking distance" from the dome, so hopefully I'l get to know the area pretty well.

Crazy. It's the first regular season game I get to go to all year (of course, up to the Chicago game, I was too busy). Maybe I'll see you there, should be a heck of a game.

And I have rarely seen Panthers fans there. As long as I don't see the same guy, who would yell at Steve Smith (when he was on the field, when he was on the sidelines, basically, every 30 seconds), it should be great. Actually, Freddie the Falcon grabbed his hat, threw it on the field, and body slammed it. Kind of crazy, but hilarious. (Last game of the 06 season, visitors side, the best seats I've ever had).

But I'll be at the game, and lord knows I'll be loud and belligerent. And Puerto Rico was nasty hot when I was there.

Thanks man, I appreciate the suggestions. I will be arriving on Saturday and leaving on wednesday, so I will have time to check everything out. I'm staying at a Hyatt that is (supposedly) "walking distance" from the dome, so hopefully I'l get to know the area pretty well.

I'd cab it from there. Unless "walking distance" means "a long distance, full of crackheads who want money".

Not too far though. You can walk it, I just wouldn't recommend it. Unless you leave way early, and stop off somewhere on the way.

Guest WoodyPaige
I'd cab it from there. Unless "walking distance" means "a long distance, full of crackheads who want money".

Not too far though. You can walk it, I just wouldn't recommend it. Unless you leave way early, and stop off somewhere on the way.

I'l take that into consideration :lol: I think we'l walk to the game and take the cab on our way back. Thanks again.

WOW DUDE! you're all the way in Puerto Rico and how the heck did you find a way to watch the game??? you paying the season ticket thingy for NFL network??? if not then tell me! lol i would like to catch some falcons games while away from home haha!

I've only been a Falcons Fan for half a year now LOL, and NO i didnt jump on the bandwaggons after all the upset. I started to follow in the training camp, seeing Turner's vids from youtube fire me up! plus for some reasons i knew we will do good this year, I remember hanging out with my friends before the season start, i told them The falcons will go 6-10, or 8-8 this year, and they laugh in my face and told me i didnt know **** about football, but guess who's laughin now?? hahah

So far, my experience of being a falcons is AWESOME!, its been many ups and downs but i cant ask for a better ride.

I only go to one game so far this year! :( it was against the Colts in preseason and we lost :(( but what i can tell you is, show up extra early, i was there about 1 hour before the game, and just got in time before it start. Maybe u should be there about 2 hr since its a divisional game. The parking lot is crazy. we hardly find our spot and it was super far from the dome.

Uhh other than that just enjoy the game. I hope you enjoy the experience man!

Guest WoodyPaige
Awesome post WP! I hope you have a blast. You may want to post this over in the Tailgating Central or Dome Field Advantage forums. I'm sure there are some regulars who would welcome your visit to their pre-game shenanigans. :)

Thanks man ;) I thought about doing that but unfortunately not as many people view that forum and answer back. My last topic in that forum died rather quickly. I'l make sure to make a smaller version of this post over there to see if some of the regulars are willing to help me out though.

Awesome post WP! I hope you have a blast. You may want to post this over in the Tailgating Central or Dome Field Advantage forums. I'm sure there are some regulars who would welcome your visit to their pre-game shenanigans. :)

It's a 4:15 PM game. No need to ask questions, the tailgate will be in the surrounding 5 miles of the Dome. I plan on making it an all day situation, much better than that 1:00 PM kick off time.

It's a 4:15 PM game. No need to ask questions, the tailgate will be in the surrounding 5 miles of the Dome. I plan on making it an all day situation, much better than that 1:00 PM kick off time.

So you're the other one that agrees w/me on that. I heard there were 2 people that liked that 4pm games over the 1pm games, and I knew I was one of them. B)

Man, I wish I could go to this game. It's going to be a tough one, but you're right. The pregame stuff outside should be rockin' good times.