Hutchins and Foxworth

Ga_spider

Houston will be starting, no question about it. He's been playing very well thus far this season and is continuing to improve every game. Lets remember that he came out as a junior, so it will take a little bit longer for him to hone his skills fully in the NFL.

That said, I think that he's going to have a breakout year next year. If he had better hands/concentration he would have four or five picks right now (another one against the Chiefs, the one against the Eagles, and one that he should have had in the Broncos Game). He's always running stride for stride with receivers, and is beginning to turn his head earlier allowing him to make plays on the ball.

I dunno, and it's really a good point. But Houston has continued to start, so he has that going for him. Foxy's resigning isn't 100%, but he really should be. Hutchins was also not guaranteed much money, so no guarantee he that he is here next year either.

However, between Chevis, Houston, Hutchins, Houston, Grimes, and Foxworth,(and I guess Irons) I really hope we are done with drafting corners. No one is very expensive, so I would bet we try and keep them all on.

I see Von being around next year, mostly as a utility DB in our nickel/dime packages.

Houston's future depends on if Smith still sees him as the appropriate piece for our system. I like Houston and i think if nothing else he will still be here next year.

Foxworth most likely will not be resigned no matter how well he plays. this is because we would give up a pick. idk unless he plays godlike its prolly not gonna be a good financial decision to bring him back, at least the front office will prolly see it that way.

Chevis Jackson was drafted as a cover 2 corner and i expect he will be around for a while. If he develops sooner than later this will be even less of an issue.

These are gonna be the 4 guys in the discussion for next years roster. Grimes and Irons will more than likely be gone unless we see their special teams value to be greater than others. Also another thing affected all our players future will be how the secondary performs the rest of the year.

Foxworth was a nickle back in Denver, Hutchings struggled as a Houston Texans. We need a solid CB. It is scary to think Houston as a #1 CB covering the premier receivers.

if foxworth continues playing well we may just bring him back as our #1 CB. once again i see things unfolding based on the rest of the year. We may just end up having to draft a CB or safety with our first round pick if Dimitroff and co. see that as being the necessary measure. Hopefully our secondary plays well the rest of the way and our young players will give us hope so we dont have to spend a high pick there. Preferrably i'd use our 1st round pick on the dline

Chevis is definitely gonna need more seasoning before he gets promoted...I gotta say if Foxworth plays well the remainder of the season we WILL resign him, i'm not really sure where all these other folks are getting their info from but a 6th Round Pick and a cheaper contract for a #1 Corner? We'd be extremely foolish to not resign him barring he keeps playing well.

Chris Houston and Jamaal Anderson aren't TD's guys. TD didn't draft these guys, and if they aren't his guys and they don't fit, then get rid of them. please. Chris Houston has given up some huge plays. Plays that have cost us games. The losses we have had or almost lost, we can all remember houston being on the coverage. I am starting to think with Houston, its more of an intellectual problem rather than physical. Maybe, Chris Houston does not have a good football I.Q and he is more of a body building, work out room type player.

Another thing I want to point out, these two guys were Bobby Petrino guys. How much does Petrino know about NFL football? How much did Petrino like Arkansas? Why did Chris Houston fall to the second round to us, when he was rated a first rounder? There are a lot of things to consider and we are seeing all these answers on the field. We got two arkansas boys who were probably gods at Arkansas but over rated players in the NFL., I am not afraid to say that, Petrino doesn't know future NFL talent. We got to remember, when we stick up for guys like Anderson and Houston, we are talking about guys who came from the same school Petrino went too and there has to be something to that. If Anderson went to Troy and Houston went to Nebraska, would you really think we would be drafting these guys? From what I have seen, these guys haven't earned their status for being first rounders or high second round picks. To be quite honest, their "physical" tools have not shown up at all. I would be more than happy to swap Biermann and Miller in and out at the LDE position than see Anderson attempt there again. There is no reason to see a guy out there as sluggish as Anderson has been. Same goes for Brooking. MAKE PLAYS! Thats all the defense asks for.

Houston will be a starter...he's been getting better and better and better as time goes by. By next year he'll be a real playmaker.

I think Foxworth likes it here. One thing Blank has done is create an environment that only the DeAngelo Hall type prima donnas want out of, but guys like Foxworth know and appreciate a good thing when they see it. I think a Foxworth signing wil be in the hands of the front office as I think Foxy wans to stay.

Hutchins.........we'll see about his fate. Chevis Jackson is coming along nicely and the 4 of these guys makes a pretty good group of CBs IMO.

Foxworth most likely will not be resigned no matter how well he plays. this is because we would give up a pick. idk unless he plays godlike its prolly not gonna be a good financial decision to bring him back, at least the front office will prolly see it that way.

we give up a pick regardless. a 7th if we let him walk, a 6th if we keep him. its kind of foolish to think 'no matter how good he plays' we wouldnt be willing to give a 6th round pick.

David Irons was a 6th round pick for compparison. And Doug Datish. I think I would rather have Foxworth. He is still young and very good for us. a 6th is peanuts for a starting CB in the NFL!

I think that Houston is progressing. If Foxworth plays like he has been playing and makes some plays, we will resign him especially since we are only giving up a 6th round pick. My concern is what are we going to do with Hucthins and the FS, and SS postion. With the development of Grimes and Jackson, I question who we will let go. My guess it is Irons. I think that we need to address the Safety position.

Houston is a great athlete, without question. Right now, he's just not a great football player. He's great at covering but terrible at defending, if that makes any sense. He repeatedly has tight coverage but fails to find the ball. If you can't make a play on the ball, who cares how tight the coverage is? I'm not giving up on him but he has a lot of improving to do to make it at this level.