Peppers free agent next year

I live in charlotte and have heard that they are working on a new contract offer to present him with and it is no where near what he wants his agent is reported as saying they are looking long term 6 to 7 years 60 to 70 million is this to much to offer if he does not stay at carolina peppers@abe would terrify offenses then we could move JA to tackle

I live in charlotte and have heard that they are working on a new contract offer to present him with and it is no where near what he wants his agent is reported as saying they are looking long term 6 to 7 years 60 to 70 million is this to much to offer if he does not stay at carolina peppers@abe would terrify offenses then we could move JA to tackle

Peppers isn't leaving Carolina. If they can't get a contract done than they will franchise him. I would be shocked if he were available. That would be scary having him and Abraham on the same team.

It's not like with that CB's name from the Raiders who I can't spell or Haynesworth from the Titans. They can't be franchised again because they were franchised last year.

They are probably leary of paying him franchise money when he disappeared for about a year and a half. He wasn't bad, but he wasn't a difference maker either. Is he just ballin cause its his contract year? Consistency is always a concern when your talking 7 years at 10mil+. I have a few reservations about Haynesworth too. He always had the talent, but didn't start playing up to his potential until last year- his contract year. How will he respond once he gets 26million guaranteed?

You can franchise a player multiple times. Asomugha was franchised this year and rumor has it that the raiders will do it to him next year as well.

Haynesworth has certain stipulations in his contract that will be met that prevent the Titans from franchising him. Haynesworth will hit FA this offseason and likely will be one of the highest paid defensive players in the league.

I cannot find anything in the collective bargaining agreement between the Players Union and the Owners that limits the number of consecutive times that the Franchise Tag can be used on a single player. However, the rules state that the player must either be paid 120% of the prior years salary or an average of the top 5 salaries at the same position, whichever is greater. The 120% rule would eventually make it cost prohibitive to keep using it.

The Panthers is not going to let Peppers walk but if they do Pep is going to get a jared allen type contract (six-year, $73.26 million contract. The deal contains $31 million guaranteed, including a $15.5 million signing bonus)..... Do you want to pay a guy that type money and he will only take about 35-40 snaps a game (we run a 2 D-Line rotation)

On CBS charlie casserly said that if the Panthers franchised Peppers he would get between 15-17 million next year....... The Panthers would have to take that whole amount on their cap

The Panthers will not let Peps get away...... II cant lie tho....... Peppers and Abraham would make the best DE combo........ Tuck and Osi in a close 2nd