**I stayed Postivie all year *** but I think this is the end of the road

SWIFT HITTER

This is no way a negative thread but after watching replay of the Denver game Im thinking this is the end of the road for the season..We might win 1 ,possibly 2 more games and we had a GOOD season..Im not going to be down on the team if we dont make the playoffs...We fought a good battle with our young players but this is a team that still has alot of holes and the Denver game made that even more evident. Im still going to root like the die hard I am this week Carolina but I didnt like what I saw in last week game at home...

I think the running game yet still solid is no longer carrying the team and taking pressure off the young QB..I think Turner is wearing down a lil , I dont see the same explosivness I used to see.

I also see him leaning more and not thriving his legs..Cant help either our run blocking hasnt been the same without Baker ..The only time I see this oline making any hole is on cut block scheme

and misdirections..I dont see any adjustments from our oline yet ..No pulling guards and we rarely pitching out to Norwood to get to the edge..

Im expecting sooner or later Ryan to hit a snag in his process...Didnt like the throw off his back foot...That was sloppy ..He also missed some easy throws the td to Finn and overthrew a couple of balls as well..Ryan is also going to have to face some tough defenses in the next couple of weeks where there priority will be shutting down Turner ..

The defense will also start to take a toll..Our lack of pass rush outside Abe is killing us..Our run defense has been suspect ..The play by our LBS Boley and Brooking have been a HUGE DISAPOINTMENT...Secondary is allowing everything in front of them and then giving up the big play in a crucial time. The bend dont break approach is great if we are controling the clock with Turner but it also allows opposing offenses to work down the field.

Special teams also hasnt been the same now we are allwoing big plays and field possesion.

Norwood looks like he is running into the back off blockers... and Douglas has been solid as a pr but still a learning processs..

I cant complain about this season but I lowered my expectations ..Of course I would love to make a playoff push and surpise some teams but I think we have seen the end of the road but still had a GREAT season and I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE FRANCHISE for Restoring my hope

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're my pal Swifty but I respectfully disagree...and let me tell you why....

COACHING!.......I know that Smith, VanGorder, Mularkey, Boudreau, Hamilton, Robiskie and the rest don't line up every Sunday but this is a solid, teaching group of coaches who will point out and highlight the mistakes made in the Denver game and will get them corrected.

I'm not a blind homer. We won't win out, but this isn't a Mora-coached team either.

I don't see our guys laying down. I don't see any quit in this group....(and I know you didn't say or imply that...).

Let's just really hit the Panties hard in the mouth Sunday and see how this thing plays itself out.

You're my pal Swifty but I respectfully disagree...and let me tell you why....

COACHING!.......I know that Smith, VanGorder, Mularkey, Boudreau, Hamilton, Robiskie and the rest don't line up every Sunday but this is a solid, teaching group of coaches who will point out and highlight the mistakes made in the Denver game and will get them corrected.

I'm not a blind homer. We won't win out, but this isn't a Mora-coached team either.

I don't see our guys laying down. I don't see any quit in this group....(and I know you didn't say or imply that...).

Let's just really hit the Panties hard in the mouth Sunday and see how this thing plays itself out.

Thats a fair statement gritz but having a young rookie head coach could also hurt us..We have seen some questionable time management ...Also Mularky has some question play calling at times and our defense is not bringing pressure..I want to see how VanGorder mixes some things up on defense and create some pressure.

I love what I see from Smith he has everything I look for in a head caoch plus has the players respect and backs...I agree this team wont quit but I can see our inexperience might hurt us in some tough road games ..

THIS WEEK IS HUGE....Im hoping Im wrong and Im hoping we were just flat vs Denver but we didnt play our game

Stop watching that game. We were bad in the game.

Go back and pull out the Saints game. Watch it closely. Then pull out the Oakland game. Watch it Closely. Then to ease the pain - watch the Chicago game.

Stay away from the Panthers, Bucs and Eagles game as well.

You'll feel better, I promise.

Remember, it's a process. We've still got many missing pieces. It takes more than one off-season to build a long-term post-season team. We are not a bad team - we are a work in progress. We are not going to lose the rest of our games. We will most likely have a winning season. Anything else is cake.

Enjoy the ride - we are rebuilding - and it's going well.

Thats a fair statement gritz but having a young rookie head coach could also hurt us..We have seen some questionable time management ...Also Mularky has some question play calling at times and our defense is not bringing pressure..I want to see how VanGorder mixes some things up on defense and create some pressure.

I love what I see from Smith he has everything I look for in a head caoch plus has the players respect and backs...I agree this team wont quit but I can see our inexperience might hurt us in some tough road games ..

THIS WEEK IS HUGE....Im hoping Im wrong and Im hoping we were just flat vs Denver but we didnt play our game

I'm not really sure how you can question our coaches decisions so far considering how far this team has come...its absolutely amazing at the strides this team has made this season.

Stop watching that game. We were bad in the game.

Go back and pull out the Saints game. Watch it closely. Then pull out the Oakland game. Watch it Closely. Then to ease the pain - watch the Chicago game.

Stay away from the Panthers, Bucs and Eagles game as well.

You'll feel better, I promise.

Remember, it's a process. We've still got many missing pieces. It takes more than one off-season to build a long-term post-season team. We are not a bad team - we are a work in progress. We are not going to lose the rest of our games. We will most likely have a winning season. Anything else is cake.

Enjoy the ride - we are rebuilding - and it's going well.

You're the best Tandy ... I hear ya I just didnt see that same effort last week that I saw the weeks prior ...I love how the rebuilding process is going and love the outlook of outlook but as a Fan i want to win now cause i never know what might happen down the road

we just looked flat to me. every team has a bad game or 2 where they come out flat. that's why teams rarely go undefeated. remember the pats last year? they had 2 bad games in a row where they came out flat. one against philly and the next against B-more. (they BARELY won both of those games, and keep in mind they are a vet team)

EVERY team has a "flat" game or 2. every team.

I'm not really sure how you can question our coaches decisions so far considering how far this team has come...its absolutely amazing at the strides this team has made this season.

didnt like the playcalling last week..We start off with 2 pass plays ..That set a wrong tone ..Also if you noticed we do not abandon the run even though it wasnt hitting all day ..Plus the play calling on defense at times have been skeptical..I cant see how you let Cutler sit back on a 3rd and 7 backed up near our endzone and only bring 4..

Overall I like what the coaching has done all year though

You're the best Tandy ... I hear ya I just didnt see that same effort last week that I saw the weeks prior ...I love how the rebuilding process is going and love the outlook of outlook but as a Fan i want to win now cause i never know what might happen down the road

everyone wants to win now.. I guess our success so early has kind of made us expect it to a certain extent.

I, for one, have never felt like we were out of a game this year. I can't say that ive felt that way for awhile.

we just looked flat to me. every team has a bad game or 2 where they come out flat. that's why teams rarely go undefeated. remember the pats last year? they had 2 bad games in a row where they came out flat. one against philly and the next against B-more. (they BARELY won both of those games, and keep in mind they are a vet team)

EVERY team has a "flat" game or 2. every team.

great point!

Understood. You know what, you are right. They were really flat this week. I didn't see quit - but I saw less enthusiasm. I actually expected it to a degree because of the ultra-high energy we saw in the Oakland and Saints games. I was nonetheless hurt and crushed after the game. But, after thinking about it, I realized that it was actually exactly what we should expect. Young teams do that - they don't know how to sustain yet. It's a process as Smitty keeps telling us. He emphasizes sustain, because he's smart enough to know this kind of thing will happen. He's upset about it too, and you can bet they'll address a few things this week- and we'll come out hot on Sunday - you just wait.

You know what else - we will probably have one - maybe even 2 more games like this before the years up - it's just part of the process. Next year - whoa!

everyone wants to win now.. I guess our success so early has kind of made us expect it to a certain extent.

I, for one, have never felt like we were out of a game this year. I can't say that ive felt that way for awhile.

we havent been out of a game and I expect us to continue to fight but we are still pieces away from being a real contender..

You know what else - we will probably have one - maybe even 2 more games like this before the years up - it's just part of the process. Next year - whoa!

Thats what Im even more worried about..Im worried that we are going to be the " so called darlings"

Team on the rise in 09' and with the luck Ive had with this franchise I feel something will go terribly wrong..I KNOW I KNOW I shouldnt think like this times have changed yada yada yada ...that is why Im just taking the wait and see approach