Hawks at Pacers

Scott24Falcons

The defense is atrocious without Josh Smith. Even worse without Horford. Still had a chance in the 4th thanks to a big lift from Law (finally being aggressive), but the team missed some open shots and went back to letting the Pacers score at will. Disappointing effort. 4 in a row...really need to beat the Wiz and Bobcats.

Steve Jones >>> Nique

Depressing. I don't know which one affects me more- Hawks or Falcons. Guess the Hawks, since everyone on the board gets pissed if you're upset after a Falcons' loss.

Ranover Morris is just a walking foul. Solo is soft. JJ gets no calls after being aggravatively(?)assaulted. Kinda generous with the charges against Flip tonight; dudes weren't set. Since Ranover is gonna be a hacker, atleast make it count and hit Grainger. Dude fouls and lets them get the shot off everytime. Slap for the ball, but hit that nose; get them eyes to tearing up. He acts and plays like he knows he doesn't need to be out there. Had hopes for him after signing.

We need to get Josh Smith and Horford back soon. It's amazing how much they cover up Bibby and Marvin Williams' defensive mistakes. Those two look horrible out there on D, they are getting abused. Part of that is because Marvin Williams should NEVER be playing the 4 spot, but with Smith's injury I guess it's necessary.

Marvin definitely shouldn't play the 4, but at least when he fouls he makes sure they don't get an and 1. I swear we have given up about 30 and 1's in the last 4 games with lame tap fouls. Probably would have won the Boston game without a couple of those. If you're only going to poke at them just let them score, k?

Well where do I start?

I did not realize how porous our defense would be without Josh Smith. Brook Lopez had a field day against us and Nestorivic looked like a perennial all star last night. Zaza is absolutely not the answer long term at the four or five and as much as I like Marvin Williams, he plays no D at all and how we picked a guy number 2 that has no handle at all boggles my mind. I like Flip and Mo and believe they are nice pieces to the puzzle, but they are certainly not good defensive players either. I believe we need to start playing Acie a little more and play bibby more at the two. Mike is still a very good scorer, but law pushes the ball better and will be around here next year.

Bottom line, we need to get Josh and AL back asap or this season will get away from us. We can not rely on JJ to put up 50 a night to keep us in ball games and somehow some way we have got to get a big that is a true number 5 man. As good as we looked games 1 thru 6 we have looked equally poor in the last four. And by the way do we even have a set offense? I love the Hawks and they are killing me right now. Hopefully we can rebound against the Wizards tonoght...We will see.