Where do you derive your beliefs from?

Jerry Maguire

Obviously, not all people believe in the same things. And I seriously doubt there is anyone on this board that is right about everything. :D

But what are your beliefs on God, the afterlife, theology, and your political ideology... and importantly, what or who has influenced those beliefs?

Here's my serious answer:

1. God -- My own personal experiences. I've been on both sides of the spectrum and just think there's enough logical evidence to believe that God exists. Not sure anyone other than God has influenced it.

2. Afterlife -- I think that will take care of itself. Since I believe in the Bible, I can't even fathom it. Just the Bible as for influence.

3. Theology -- Constantly adding and taking bits and pieces here and there. The core belief is there, now it's just strengthening it and "trimming the fat" so to speak. Reading, listening, living influence and drive this.

4. Political Ideology -- Started off Republican but that changed as my social beliefs changed as well as them losing sight of the terms fiscal responsibility. Mostly just reflecting on what I feel to be right is what influences. Ron Paul really comes the closest to saying exactly how I feel. Until then, generally the Libertarian party was the only group that really came close but Paul comes closer than the LP does.

Here's my serious answer:

1. God -- My own personal experiences. I've been on both sides of the spectrum and just think there's enough logical evidence to believe that God exists. Not sure anyone other than God has influenced it.

2. Afterlife -- I think that will take care of itself. Since I believe in the Bible, I can't even fathom it. Just the Bible as for influence.

3. Theology -- Constantly adding and taking bits and pieces here and there. The core belief is there, now it's just strengthening it and "trimming the fat" so to speak. Reading, listening, living influence and drive this.

4. Political Ideology -- Started off Republican but that changed as my social beliefs changed as well as them losing sight of the terms fiscal responsibility. Mostly just reflecting on what I feel to be right is what influences. Ron Paul really comes the closest to saying exactly how I feel. Until then, generally the Libertarian party was the only group that really came close but Paul comes closer than the LP does.

I'm the same but totally opposite !

I really don't think I have had too much of an influence from any one person. My mother doesn't believe in God. My father, well I really don't know we never really talked about it. I think my sister is an atheist.

Me, I believe that a God in some form exist. Science can explain or offer theories on most everything. I still have never heard anything plausible to explain why the universe or multiverse, depending on you belief, exists. Why is there anything?

Hypothetically, let's say physics can fully explain how the universe was created. Protons and neutrons, whatever colliding in space...ok, that still doesn't explain to me why protons and neutron and electrons exists in the first place.

To me, when I consider everything in existence, not just earth...a supreme being is the only "logical" explanation.

That said, I don't think Jesus is the son of God. The Bible and Jesus seems like mythology at best. All that seems really far fetched and doesn't explain anything. I just don't buy it.

I guess I was influenced by someone, but I can't put my finger on it. I don't know anyone that believes exactly what I do.

Yes I believe

Yes, but still trying to save myself!

Father, Son and the Holy Ghost. Baptist

Moderate Democrat

Parents, life experiences, military

Obviously, not all people believe in the same things. And I seriously doubt there is anyone on this board that is right about everything. :D

But what are your beliefs on God, the afterlife, theology, and your political ideology... and importantly, what or who has influenced those beliefs?