Worst Case Scenario

Keas McFalcon

Ok lets say hypothetically that finish off the season strong and end up picking at around 23-24. And the big favorites are off the board, Moore and Curry are already gone, Mays and Cody either stay in school for another year or are also already selected. Who would you want to pick at that point in time?

I myself was thinking maybe Spikes, but i think that this may be too much of a reach for him. What do you think or who would would you pick?

Ok lets say hypothetically that finish off the season strong and end up picking at around 23-24. And the big favorites are off the board, Moore and Curry are already gone, Mays and Cody either stay in school for another year or are also already selected. Who would you want to pick at that point in time?

I myself was thinking maybe Spikes, but i think that this may be too much of a reach for him. What do you think or who would would you pick?

this is actually what i think will happen. in this case we gotta go WR. Darius Heyward-Bey is my pick.

we could also trade down, but we'd be fools not to give Roddy a partner in crime and our offense a legitimate #2 receiver.

if brown is there, take him. if not probably try to trade down. there's usually a team that's looking to trade back into the twenties. only go WR if there are few other options.

if we dont re-sign jenkins though (i think we will) then that would probably change my opinion.

If we traded back and got two 2nd round picks and a mid rounder, we could end up with

2a) Brandon Spikes or Gerald McRath, WLB

2b) Greg Hardy or Everette Brown, DE

2c) Herman Johnson, OG

3) BJ Raji, NT

4) Michael Hamlin, SS

5a) Ramses Barden or Marko Mitchell, WR

5b) Eric Wood, C

6) Davon Drew, TE (from the trade back)

7) Sammie Lee Hill, NT

I know a lot of people that would be happy with that draft

If we traded back and got two 2nd round picks and a mid rounder, we could end up with

2a) Brandon Spikes or Gerald McRath, WLB

2b) Greg Hardy or Everette Brown, DE

2c) Herman Johnson, OG

3) BJ Raji, NT

4) Michael Hamlin, SS

5a) Ramses Barden or Marko Mitchell, WR

5b) Eric Wood, C

6) Davon Drew, TE (from the trade back)

7) Sammie Lee Hill, NT

I know a lot of people that would be happy with that draft

How many teams are there with two second round picks this year? and if were to look like that i would try a SS earlier than the 4th jmo

I actually like that trade I would take that move

Just looked at the trade value chart ... if it's a early-mid 2nd round pick we trade for (in the range of 8-12 ... so pick 40-44) that move would give pretty equal value ... if it's a mid 2nd rounder, we could keep our 5th. Always depends on who's idea the trade is ... if a team wants to get back into the 1st, it's pretty possible that we would keep our 5th anyway and maybe even get a late round pick as addition.

Always depending on who's available and who we sign in FA, this would be a possible move that I could like. We could get a good value on DT and OLB in round 2 and we would get a future pick that would give us many opportunities in 2010 (trade up in the 1st, trade back into the 1st, ...)

But that's all very much theory ... let's wait how we play our next games, if we don't start to stop the run, we will draft earlier than most mocks on the board project us to pick.