"Nigerian Scam"

bozoatl

It's really sad that this thing works. I know it's based on the greed of people, wanting to get rich quick, and get something for nothing. As much as I want to say, "You got what you deserved", it's still sad to see people scammed out of their retirement money.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stori...age_tab_newstab

Parts of the story:

Woman loses $400,000 in Nigerian e-mail scam Associated Press

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SWEET HOME, Ore. — An Oregon woman who is out $400,000 after falling for a well-known Internet scam says she wasn't a sucker or an easy mark.

Janella Spears of Sweet Home says she simply became curious when she received an e-mail promising her $20.5 million if she would only help out a long-lost relative identified as J.B. Spears with a little money up front.

Her family and bank officials told her it was all a scam, she said, and begged her to stop, but she persisted because she became obsessed with getting paid.

Man, how stupid can you get?

What makes it worse is the fact... family and people at her bank were telling her it was a scam.............. yet she still kept doing it.

I know have had people wanting to do similar things, and I made such a big deal about it they don't do it......I literally had a to tell a guy once that if he did it he would be stupid.

It is a shame people still fall for it.........what is worse when people dont listen to those in the know.