matt ryan @ 12:10 on the herd

koyukon

Yeah, he's pretty rough. He drives his point home whether you agree or not.

The problem is his points are often not even remotely education opinions. One thing I've picked up on is anything he doesn't have ties to or doesn't understand he instantly degrades the subject matter. It's not a matter of agreeing with an opinion, you should at least be informed about a subject before degrading it on a national radio show, there's no reason to even bring a topic up if you don't know anything about it.

I like him about 75% of the time. The rest of the time he is an idiot, but he is still entertaining. He is much better than Mike and Mike. They are too politically correct and boring. Our local sports radio here airs Dan Patrick from 1:00 to 4:00 instead of Mike Tirico. DP gets pretty boring also; sometimes him and his guests can be funny, but by himself it can have some long moments of boredome. Cowherd is probably the best they have.

Matt is a boring interview, but I like that better than having a QB sticking his foot in his mouth.... like Cutler saying he has a better arm than Elway, Donovan saying he didn't know that an NFL game could end in a tie, Vick saying he has 2 good weapons (his arms, legs and head). The number good NFL players that are horrible in a press conference are numerous. I like the humility of Ryan. I have a feeling he will get better at giving an entertaining interview as he get's more and more comfortable with being the face of the Falcons.

Name some better ones then.

If you have Sirius-XM the NFL Channel is by far the best for NFL shows, Chris Russo (Mad Dog) is fantastic, (he's the guy Cowpie is trying to be like but isn't), the Tony Bruno Show, The Tirico and Van Pelt is solid for an afternoon show and Dan Patrick is always reliable for high profile guests and knowledgeable radio. 60/20 Sports is a solid show but it's hard to catch and I occasionally catch the James Brown Radio Show. Local Atlanta radio is pretty pathetic.. 790/680 both have really weak shows but they're a necessary evil for local info.

Matt is a boring interview, but I like that better than having a QB sticking his foot in his mouth.... like Cutler saying he has a better arm than Elway, Donovan saying he didn't know that an NFL game could end in a tie, Vick saying he has 2 good weapons (his arms, legs and head). The number good NFL players that are horrible in a press conference are numerous. I like the humility of Ryan. I have a feeling he will get better at giving an entertaining interview as he get's more and more comfortable with being the face of the Falcons.

He's also only 23...he'll get better as he gets years of interview experience under his belt.