Sigh...

Atowndown

The 4 Biggest mistakes in this game........

1. Matt Ryan missing Brian Finneran WIDE OPEN in the end zone, the problem with this play is 2 things....one Harry Douglas shoud have been running this route hands down, Finneran doesnt have the speed, but none the less was wide open, Matt Ryan read the route, but just overthrew the ball, he wasnt under pressure or duress, he just has to make that throw better, Harry Douglas or any of our other receivers however catch up to that ball and catch it for a TD.

2. The Matt Ryan interception, this was a rookie throw and a rookie mistake, but it all stemmed from them trying the stupid direct snap to the RB on 2 and long, I didnt agree with that call and it proved costly., the interception was Ryan trying to do too much, but i blame the previous play calling that set it up.

3. The defense on the LAST Denver TD, cut threaded that ball in the back of the endzone, and really should have been read better by the safety Cutler was looking at him the entire time, so it should have been AT LEAST batted down, if not picked......

Finally #4

4. This was the play that got me a lot of crap at the Ale house......i had JUST GOT DONE talking crap to Denver fans about how Roddy white in my opinion is better than Brandon Marshall because he DOESNT drop passes.....and Marshall is tops in the league this year.....that throw in the endzone at the end was PERFECT......and Roddy dropped it....that is solely on Roddy and noone else......

This my review of the Falcons key mistakes in the game...comment please

1. Matt Ryan missing Brian Finneran WIDE OPEN in the end zone, the problem with this play is 2 things....one Harry Douglas shoud have been running this route hands down, Finneran doesnt have the speed, but none the less was wide open, Matt Ryan read the route, but just overthrew the ball, he wasnt under pressure or duress, he just has to make that throw better, Harry Douglas or any of our other receivers however catch up to that ball and catch it for a TD.

2. The Matt Ryan interception, this was a rookie throw and a rookie mistake, but it all stemmed from them trying the stupid direct snap to the RB on 2 and long, I didnt agree with that call and it proved costly., the interception was Ryan trying to do too much, but i blame the previous play calling that set it up.

3. The defense on the LAST Denver TD, cut threaded that ball in the back of the endzone, and really should have been read better by the safety Cutler was looking at him the entire time, so it should have been AT LEAST batted down, if not picked......

Finally #4

4. This was the play that got me a lot of crap at the Ale house......i had JUST GOT DONE talking crap to Denver fans about how Roddy white in my opinion is better than Brandon Marshall because he DOESNT drop passes.....and Marshall is tops in the league this year.....that throw in the endzone at the end was PERFECT......and Roddy dropped it....that is solely on Roddy and noone else......

The int was a rookie mistake. No worries tho, just a part of the bumps and bruises. Its going to happen. Im most pissed about that deep ball thrown to marshall between 2 guys. That **** needs to stop. I mean It was a nice throw, but I really feel the DB could have knocked it down.

So you lost a smack talk war, it happens. Its a part of football. It was a great throw, roddy missed it. SUCKS cuz we would have won. I am not going to get on him. Roddy is an awesome receiver, and even awesome receivers drop passes. We wouldnt even have been in that game if it werent for some of his catches, not to mention we wouldnt be 6-4 without roddy.

Hopefully we get back on track and spank the cats all the way back to north carolina.

Finally #4

I forgive Ryan on his two mistakes because basically he is a rookie. His biggest problem is setting his feet right. His balance is off at times. That's normal and will get better. I like the fact that he is trying to make a play and will take some of those.

Roddy had a drop problem his first two years and it's creeping up again. We can't afford drops. Especially game winning drops. Never forget. Roddy dropped the TD that would have broken the back to back curse. There could be some voodoo there. It's not the backwards spin.:unsure:

We basically got out coached and out played by the Ponies. In every phase. Watch the tape. Check the stats and face it. They own us. Shanahan is our master.

I disagree....we didnt get outcoached......by far.......we had some great plays that just werent converted....Marshall caught that deep ball in double coverage which was bs......but whatever....and the last TD...was insane...should have been knocked down by far.....i havent heard anyone speak about the missed TD to Finneran...that was money...he had the LB beat.......by 3 steps........and the White catch come on now guys...that was a fairly easy catch......it was throw perfect

I forgive Ryan on his two mistakes because basically he is a rookie. His biggest problem is setting his feet right. His balance is off at times. That's normal and will get better. I like the fact that he is trying to make a play and will take some of those.

Roddy had a drop problem his first two years and it's creeping up again. We can't afford drops. Especially game winning drops. Never forget. Roddy dropped the TD that would have broken the back to back curse. There could be some voodoo there. It's not the backwards spin. :unsure:

We basically got out coached and out played by the Ponies. In every phase. Watch the tape. Check the stats and face it. They own us. Shanahan is our master.

Uhm - we only lost by 4 points. The lead switched multiple times during the game.

What's with the "They own us. Shanahan is our master" business?

roddy drops 6 passes all year and now he has the "dropsies" again. wow.

I agree...i dont agree hes dropsies again......but my only knock is i cant believe he dropped that pass....it was a bread basket throw....and i was upset he dropped that ball in the saints game too....but Sundays game....that ball needed to be caught ******.....i wish that route was run by jenks though....especially on a deep ball like that....

I re-watched the game myself. I only was able to watch about 75% of it and I want to go back if I can ever get the free time. I was really watching the line of scrimmage and I noted the our line was stood up and beaten all day long. I tried to watch a particular lineman on one play and then go back and watch another lineman on the same play and so on. Offensive we did not move anyone at all. Turner did look a little slow getting to the holes, but I think that was because as soon as he got the ball there was a wall of people. He had to make something happen on every run. There was nothing there.

Overall our defensive line looked pathetic. The first three quarters Abe was pushing people around and occasionally someone else would get a little penitration (the sack and a couple of stuffs we had - Grady) but for the most part the guards and center didnt even have to take a step backwards during pass protection, our tackles were horrible. On the last touchdown drive our tackles never moved the line of scrimmage more than two yards backwards. That is horrendous. Our run defense after the half was just bad. There were a couple of plays where the Dlinemen at the point of attack were driven no less than 4 yards out of the hole. Our freaking LB's were tripping over them going backwards.

I agree...i dont agree hes dropsies again......but my only knock is i cant believe he dropped that pass....it was a bread basket throw....and i was upset he dropped that ball in the saints game too....but Sundays game....that ball needed to be caught ******.....i wish that route was run by jenks though....especially on a deep ball like that....

i wasnt talking about your post. i agree that it should have been caught but he definitely doesnt have the dropsies again.

#5 - the 3rd and long on Denver's last TD drive. They were at their own 20, and with around 9:00 minutes left, we would have gotten a nice 3-and-out, and gotten the ball back with decent field position. That was something like a 50-yard reception for Marshall, a huge play, and a big boost for Denver.

#5 - the 3rd and long on Denver's last TD drive. They were at their own 20, and with around 9:00 minutes left, we would have gotten a nice 3-and-out, and gotten the ball back with decent field position. That was something like a 50-yard reception for Marshall, a huge play, and a big boost for Denver.

quite possibly a momentum swing. we had just retaken the lead.

On Roddy's drop.....not sure he had his feet in anyway? The replays showed it would have been a close call....one of those ones where the initial call by the official would have determined the outcome because it could have been tough to overturn either way.

Anyone take a real close look at that by chance?

I know Matt is a Rookie and so does everyone else. But,why is it that when he throws ONE INT it gets reinstated that he IS a rookie. We know that already....what about Edwards last night??? 3 INT's in the 1st half of the 1st quarter...that should be worse IMO because he's NOT a rookie. Is anyone talking about that today?? I haven't watched NFL Network yet??

On Roddy's drop.....not sure he had his feet in anyway? The replays showed it would have been a close call....one of those ones where the initial call by the official would have determined the outcome because it could have been tough to overturn either way.

Anyone take a real close look at that by chance?

I agree it was very close even one bobble and he is out of bounds.