How Obama Got Elected

silentbob1272

These people aren't stupid, its just that they know what the liberal media wants them to know — and nothing more.

How Obama Got Elected

On November 4th, 2008 millions of Americans were shocked that a man of Barack Obama's limited experience, extreme liberal positions and radical political alliances could be elected President of the United States. For many of these Americans, the explanation was rather simple... the news media, completely enamored with Obama, simply refused to do their job.

On Election day twelve Obama voters were interviewed extensively right after they voted to learn how the news media impacted their knowledge of what occurred during the campaign. These voters were chosen for their apparent intelligence/verbal abilities and willingness to express their opinions to a large audience. The rather shocking video below seeks to provide some insight into which information broke through the news media clutter and which did not.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Because obviously interviewing a relative handful of Obama voters, while interesting, is hardly scientific proof of anything, we also commissioned a Zogby telephone poll which asked the very same questions (as well as a few others) with similarly amazing results.

Zogby Poll

512 Obama Voters 11/13/08-11/15/08 MOE +/- 4.4 points

97.1% High School Graduate or higher, 55% College Graduates

Results to 12 simple Multiple Choice Questions

57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)

81.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)

82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)

88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)

56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).

And yet.....

Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes

Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter

And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!

Only 2.4% got at least 11 correct.

Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about all those republican supporters that were shown on TV to say things like:

"I'm voting for McCain because we can't have Black people run America"?

"I'm voting for McCain because Palin has the spirit of God in her"?

"I'm voting for McCain because Obama is a terrorist"?

Finding a select few to try to convey a point about public opinion is a very naive and shallow act. The guy who made the documentary used this excuse for choosing the 12 people... "I didn't choose those who participated in the video. A young Black woman working for me did."

I can't believe any sane person would actually take this seriously. SilentBob. :(

And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!

It was Sarah Palin who said she has foreign policy credentials due to her close proximity to Russia. It was she who said she can keep an eye out for what Putin is doing from her location during the Couric interview.

Tina Fey didn't make things up. Tina played on the stupidity of Sarah.

You just can't lose with Dignity like McCain did huh?

It is in your view a lack of dignity to point out the terrible disservice done to every American by the media?.....Can't say I agree with you there chief, he is just as much my president and he is yours, I wish him every success because that helps us all, but putting your head in the sand about the con job pulled off by the media is hardly dignified.

What about all those republican supporters that were shown on TV to say things like:

"I'm voting for McCain because we can't have Black people run America"?

"I'm voting for McCain because Palin has the spirit of God in her"?

"I'm voting for McCain because Obama is a terrorist"?

Finding a select few to try to convey a point about public opinion is a very naive and shallow act. The guy who made the documentary used this excuse for choosing the 12 people... "I didn't choose those who participated in the video. A young Black woman working for me did."

I can't believe any sane person would actually take this seriously. SilentBob. :(

He perfectly well acknowledged this point, which is why he also included the scientifically conducted Zogby Poll.

It is in your view a lack of dignity to point out the terrible disservice done to every American by the media?.....Can't say I agree with you there chief, he is just as much my president and he is yours, I wish him every success because that helps us all, but putting your head in the sand about the con job pulled off by the media is hardly dignified.

No, a lack of dignity is two weeks later still trying to find somebody or something to place the blame on that Obama won. Instead of just admitting like McCain did that Obama ran a heII of a campaign and the people decided to vote him in.

These people aren't stupid, its just that they know what the liberal media wants them to know — and nothing more.

How Obama Got Elected

On November 4th, 2008 millions of Americans were shocked that a man of Barack Obama's limited experience, extreme liberal positions and radical political alliances could be elected President of the United States. For many of these Americans, the explanation was rather simple... the news media, completely enamored with Obama, simply refused to do their job.

On Election day twelve Obama voters were interviewed extensively right after they voted to learn how the news media impacted their knowledge of what occurred during the campaign. These voters were chosen for their apparent intelligence/verbal abilities and willingness to express their opinions to a large audience. The rather shocking video below seeks to provide some insight into which information broke through the news media clutter and which did not.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Because obviously interviewing a relative handful of Obama voters, while interesting, is hardly scientific proof of anything, we also commissioned a Zogby telephone poll which asked the very same questions (as well as a few others) with similarly amazing results.

Zogby Poll

57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)

81.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)

82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)

88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)

56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).

And yet.....

Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes

Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)

Another stupid *** thread from slientbob, you do know that majority of Americans are like that. No matter what party they feel they are associated with. This thread sucks ***.

Another stupid *** thread from slientbob, you do know that majority of Americans are like that. No matter what party they feel they are associated with. This thread sucks ***.

Nothing to do with either party or either candidate, this was about the corruption and bias within the media....nice job of completely missing the point though. I would insult you in return, but I have no idea who you are, either you don't post here much or your past opinions have been as inane as this one and hardly worthy of notice......what do you know I managed to squeeze one in after all.

How Obama Got Elected

Zogby Poll

And yet.....

I'd just like to preface this by saying I was not an Obama supporter. All of that being said, this study is a waste of time. A lot of the questions that were brought up don't matter.

Voters have more to worry about than how much Palin spent on clothes or where Obama's campaign started from. I personally don't care if Obama got people kicked off the ballot when he ran in earlier elections; good for him. The comment about bankrupting the coal industry is more of an opinon right now than it is a fact. Like the voters care; they don't care what industry gets bankrupted just as long as it leads to cheaper and/or independent energy.

I will say this: the voters should know which party has more of its members in Congress. That's the only thing that jumps out at me. Then again, we can only control who we send from our state. We have to live with the representatives the other 49 states send to Congress.

Barack Obama won because of (a) a very strong campaign, (B) his ability to inspire people, © the failures of the Republicans over the past 8 years and (d) the bailout taking place a month before the election. Also, like another poster said, people didn't think Palin was smart enough to be CEO of this country should something happen to McCain. Bottom line.

In all, this story and the pop quiz was just put together by a bunch of sore losers. Just because their guy lost these people are trying to make voters look ignorant, just like liberals tried to do right after the 2004 election. Things like this make conservatives look bad.

I'd just like to preface this by saying I was not an Obama supporter. All of that being said, this study is a waste of time. A lot of the questions that were brought up don't matter.

Voters have more to worry about than how much Palin spent on clothes or where Obama's campaign started from. I personally don't care if Obama got people kicked off the ballot when he ran in earlier elections; good for him. The comment about bankrupting the coal industry is more of an opinon right now than it is a fact. Like the voters care; they don't care what industry gets bankrupted just as long as it leads to cheaper and/or independent energy.

I will say this: the voters should know which party has more of its members in Congress. That's the only thing that jumps out at me. Then again, we can only control who we send from our state. We have to live with the representatives the other 49 states send to Congress.

Barack Obama won because of (a) a very strong campaign, (B) his ability to inspire people, © the failures of the Republicans over the past 8 years and (d) the bailout taking place a month before the election. Also, like another poster said, people didn't think Palin was smart enough to be CEO of this country should something happen to McCain. Bottom line.

In all, this story and the pop quiz was just put together by a bunch of sore losers. Just because their guy lost these people are trying to make voters look ignorant, just like liberals tried to do right after the 2004 election. Things like this make conservatives look bad.

Very good response, and I agree completely with the part in bold face. If however you intentionally left out the part the media played in this victory, our agreements would end there. As the video and more importantly the poll demonstrates, many voters are not nearly as informed as most folks on this board are. The media exploited that ignorance to a disgusting degree and that is why this story is important. I'm not trying to diminish Obama's accomplishment, but it should be noted and not forgotten how so many "journalists" sold their credibility and responsibilities to us all down the river to help further their own ideologies.

Nothing to do with either party or either candidate, this was about the corruption and bias within the media....nice job of completely missing the point though. I would insult you in return, but I have no idea who you are, either you don't post here much or your past opinions have been as inane as this one and hardly worthy of notice......what do you know I managed to squeeze one in after all.

What was your point, I didn't see it. I seen that people learn what they want to learn or pay attention to what they want to hear. This isn't new, most human beings do this.

As for credibility, I speak for myself so that's all the credibility I need. Your just a shock poster who makes randomly vague posts. Your whole point was to show the board that Obama supporters do not know who they are supporting but either do McCain supporters. This study is void as far as I'm concerned for that reason. Anything else you want to say before I walk out of your lousy thread?

Very good response, and I agree completely with the part in bold face. If however you intentionally left out the part the media played in this victory, our agreements would end there. As the video and more importantly the poll demonstrates, many voters are not nearly as informed as most folks on this board are. The media exploited that ignorance to a disgusting degree and that is why this story is important. I'm not trying to diminish Obama's accomplishment, but it should be noted and not forgotten how so many "journalists" sold their credibility and responsibilities to us all down the river to help further their own ideologies.

He went into detail to tell you the reasons, something that I will not do. The reason why so many don't know House Speaker Nancy Pelosi or Sr. Senator Harry Reid is because you have to research them to know about them. Most ppl will not put the effort into doing that or just honestly do not care. Logic is something you should seriously think about.

What was your point, I didn't see it. I seen people we learn what they want to learn or pay attention to what they want to hear. This isn't new, most human beings do this.

As for credibility, I speak for myself so that's all the credibility I need. Your just a shock poster who makes randomly vague posts. Your whole point was to show the board that Obama supporters do not know who they are supporting but either do McCain supporters. This study is void as far as I'm concerned for that reason. Anything else you want to say before I walk out of your lousy thread?

Sure I'll say more. You know nothing of what goes on in the world around you, neither do I, we can't unless we have the resources to read, hear and learn of it. When those resources are corrupt and biased, those who rely on them for information are fed the same corrupt and biased information, so your "I speak for myself and that's all the credibility I need" argument is complete bs and its a shame that you would need something so elementary pointed out for you....by the way don't let the door hit you on your way out of my lousy thread.

I sure wish the media would have informed me of the shortcomings of GW Bush before I cast my vote for him in 2004.

Man, we got bamboozled and now we're paying for it.

Sure I'll say more. You know nothing of what goes on in the world around you, neither do I, we can't unless we have the resources to read, hear and learn of it. When those resources are corrupt and biased, those who rely on them for information are fed the same corrupt and biased information, so your "I speak for myself and that's all the credibility I need" argument is complete bs and its a shame that you would need something so elementary pointed out for you....by the way don't let the door hit you on your way out of my lousy thread.

First off, I know I'm putting you down a lot in this thread but that's because you have a tendency to make threads like this. I would like to say that there no hard feelings toward you. Now back to the topic on hand, I disagree with your statement. I feel that you misinterpret what I meant by "I speak for myself and that's all the credibility I need" quote. It wasn't meant to say that I don't have credibility, it was meant to say I'm confident in what I have to say. That was my main focus in that comment.

I sure wish the media would have informed me of the shortcomings of GW Bush before I cast my vote for him in 2004.

Man, we got bamboozled and now we're paying for it.

They crowed his many short comings from every perch they could find, I voted for Bush both times and while I agree with most that he was horrible on everything except national defense which he has been excellent with, I still can't see Gore or Kerry as anything other than even bigger disasters. Its debatable certainly, but we've not had a good choice for president since Clinton, and he wasn't exactly great.

everything regarding Obama was investigated and discussed by the media....didn't even come close to the same with McCain.

We learned about Obama:

his elementary school

his college papers

his wife's college papers

his birth certificate

his family in Africa

his previous co-workers

his voting record

his church

his salad preference

and much, much more