I know I will get a lot of heat, ...

falcon82

-) Brandon Spikes

For various reasons ... Brooking lost a step, Boley might command too much money to be resigned ... Spikes can play every LB position, is great in coverage (very good in a Cover 2) and plays the run very well. His only "problem" is the timed speed, but I don't really care about timed 40 times, gamespeed is what counts and he plays fast.

-) Greg Hardy

I know that's the one most people will hate that pick because he's had issues with his coach and because it's another DE, but he'd solve 2 problems at once. First he's the most polished pass-rusher, if he comes out ... he's fast, he's strong, he's nasty ... that's what we want and need. Also he's a great athlete and is used as WR/TE at Ole Miss ... he's a reliable target in the endzone, so we could fix our passrush and use him in goalline-situations as receiver, fixing our red-zone problem.

Prove for his offensive skills:

-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQQHrRNNAmQ

-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jriHowu-hMw

There are several more impressive players than both Hardy and Spikes that could help us more but yes those 2 both might actually be available when we pick, Hardy is going to fall to early second with his character concerns, and I still maintain that Spikes isn't best suited as an OLB in the NFL but if I am wrong I am wrong we will see next season.

There are several more impressive players than both Hardy and Spikes that could help us more but yes those 2 both might actually be available when we pick, Hardy is going to fall to early second with his character concerns, and I still maintain that Spikes isn't best suited as an OLB in the NFL but if I am wrong I am wrong we will see next season.

I agree both will be there, that why I picked them out. Hardy's character is a concern, but I'm sure our FO will talk to him and look how bad it is and if they can "fix" it. I'm sure our staff could use him like Vrabel in goalline situations, a guy like he is, is very hard to cover.

I think Spikes is not really a fit for a MLB in the NFL (at least not in a 4-3) ... I think he'll end up either as OLB in a 4-3 or MLB in a 3-4, since coverage is the strongest aspect of his game.

I don't disagree with you. Spikes would make one heck of a WLB for us, but I do think with early entrants and his off-field issues that Hardy will be a 2nd round pick.

Could you imagine if we got

1) Spikes

2) Hardy

that would be the only scenario in which I wouldn't be upset if we didn't get Mays

I'd rather Mays-Spikes/Hardy though :D

I don't disagree with you. Spikes would make one heck of a WLB for us, but I do think with early entrants and his off-field issues that Hardy will be a 2nd round pick.

Could you imagine if we got

1) Spikes

2) Hardy

that would be the only scenario in which I wouldn't be upset if we didn't get Mays

I'd rather Mays-Spikes/Hardy though :D

I'm speechless ... I found a scenario where you don't want Mays. ;)

I agree with you: Hardy will drop to 2nd, but more early 2nd ... I would even trade back up in the 2nd to get him if he's there. JA98 is just disappointing, maybe some competition would be healthy for him ... and we could always copy the Giants way, moving one DE to DT on passing downs.

You just managed to make me go speechless ... I found a scenario where you don't want Mays. ;)

I agree with you: Hardy will drop to 2nd, but more early 2nd ... I would even trade back up in the 2nd to get him if he's there. JA98 is just disappointing, maybe some competition would be healthy for him ... and we could always copy the Giants way, moving one DE to DT on passing downs.

We still have to remember that JA98 was brought in as a developmental DE and can't put too much weight on the fact that he was a 1st round pick. He was a TE for most of his career at Arkansas before moving to DE and got by on his pure athletic ability. He still needs technique work and he needs to get better with his pass rush moves. I could see him becoming a Justin Tuck type of player in a couple years. I don't think we necessarily need to draft a Day 1 DE to give Anderson competition though. He can be moved inside and play outside, and perhaps that should be done so he can try to get pressure from different places until he develops into a consistent pass rusher from the outside. Remember Tuck was used as a UT just as much as a DE before Strahan retired.

Some DEs I really like that could come out for this draft that are Day 2 guys as of now are:

1) Maurice Evans, PSU

2) C.J. Wilson, ECU - if he declares early I think we have to get him somewhere in this draft, he is a great LE prospect for the 4-3

3) Brandon Graham, Michigan

4) Connor Barwin, Cincy

5) Phillip Hunt, Houston

6) Derek Walker, Illinois

7) Willie VanDeSteeg, Minnesota

8) Antwain Robinson, Arkansas

9) Brandon Swain, West Texas A&M

10) Ian Campbell, Kansas State

I agree both will be there, that why I picked them out. Hardy's character is a concern, but I'm sure our FO will talk to him and look how bad it is and if they can "fix" it. I'm sure our staff could use him like Vrabel in goalline situations, a guy like he is, is very hard to cover.

I think Spikes is not really a fit for a MLB in the NFL (at least not in a 4-3) ... I think he'll end up either as OLB in a 4-3 or MLB in a 3-4, since coverage is the strongest aspect of his game.

good post. im not sure what i think of hardy's attitude though, but if that checked out id love to get him. i do think he will slide to the early 2nd because of those issues. i think detroit may end up with him. stafford, jason brown and greg hardy... what a first 2 rounds that would be for them.

and i really like spikes for where we are picking right now. reallllly like spikes.