I have to tell someone this (and i have a question)

rvrndzombii

A guy at my job knows how much i love the falcons, and that I am trying to collect all the autographs. He is like a big time sports card guy.......he GAVE me....yes GAVE me.... a certified 8X10 autographed Roddy white rookie picture......not a card....its an 8 x 10 glossy certified picture......mmmmmmmmmmm...i just wanted to share and ask a question

For you guys who get to games regularly

I am FINALLY getting to a falcons game on dec. 14 and i am so exited. Been trying to get there for the last few years and never could make it work (money or had to work or tooo lazy). Been a fan since i was like 12 so i really probably should have made it by now but whatever....

anyway..........we are going b/c we were going to go to vegas to get married, but decided it would be cooler to go to atl and get married so we can see a game........(Sorry here's the question).......is it possible to get autographs anytime at the game? I'm sure we will be there WAAAAYYYY before the game starts.......I have most of the '96 team auto's (bought it). but i REALLY REALLY want to get a signed football from this team......HOw should we go about doing this? AND will i feel like a big loser because I'll have to be the only 28 year old who is surrounded by 10 year olds fighting for autographs? ( i got no problem kicking a 10 year old)

Just thought it would be so cool to have years from now to remember gettin married........i wanna make this happen somehow

A guy at my job knows how much i love the falcons, and that I am trying to collect all the autographs. He is like a big time sports card guy.......he GAVE me....yes GAVE me.... a certified 8X10 autographed Roddy white rookie picture......not a card....its an 8 x 10 glossy certified picture......mmmmmmmmmmm...i just wanted to share and ask a question

For you guys who get to games regularly

I am FINALLY getting to a falcons game on dec. 14 and i am so exited. Been trying to get there for the last few years and never could make it work (money or had to work or tooo lazy). Been a fan since i was like 12 so i really probably should have made it by now but whatever....

anyway..........we are going b/c we were going to go to vegas to get married, but decided it would be cooler to go to atl and get married so we can see a game........(Sorry here's the question).......is it possible to get autographs anytime at the game? I'm sure we will be there WAAAAYYYY before the game starts.......I have most of the '96 team auto's (bought it). but i REALLY REALLY want to get a signed football from this team......HOw should we go about doing this? AND will i feel like a big loser because I'll have to be the only 28 year old who is surrounded by 10 year olds fighting for autographs? ( i got no problem kicking a 10 year old)

Just thought it would be so cool to have years from now to remember gettin married........i wanna make this happen somehow

I get autographs at every game. Section 120 - 123 are right by the tunnel. I go in usually 1 1/2 hours early - but you can go in up to 2 hours early. Go down by the tunnel. The guys will stop - sign autographs and occasionally they'll stop and talk a bit. Once they put their uniforms on - they rarely if ever stop - so you have to get there early.

Congrats on your pending marriage - I wish you every happiness. I got married in March (years ago) so it wouldn't conflict with football season.

I get autographs at every game. Section 120 - 123 are right by the tunnel. I go in usually 1 1/2 hours early - but you can go in up to 2 hours early. Go down by the tunnel. The guys will stop - sign autographs and occasionally they'll stop and talk a bit. Once they put their uniforms on - they rarely if ever stop - so you have to get there early.

Congrats on your pending marriage - I wish you every happiness. I got married in March (years ago) so it wouldn't conflict with football season.

So during this time, they aren't suited up?

If this doesn't work out for you, try coming down for a weekend during Training Camp, you can get very close to the players and they schedule autograph sessions at the end of each practice with a different group of players from offense and defense. WR/DB's QB's/DL RB/LB, etc. Don't worry about being 28 and collecting autographs, people of all ages do it, the people that are looked down on are the dealers. I've seen players give very sloppy or no autographs at all to guys who are clearly autograph/card dealers. (mostly at public events, not just Falcons players) I'm glad you got a Roddy autograph, his is great, you can clearly tell who it is and he always signs his full name, or at least he did through this year. Matt Ryan is a pretty good signer too.. I got him to sign a mini-helmet at the spring mini-camp and he wrote his full name and number. The worst on the team has to be JA98.. talk about sloppy! :P I've gotten him the last 2 years and he's improved a bit this year but it's still a mess of an autograph.

Just another thought.. buy an autograph ball, the brown NFL footballs can be tough to get signed unless you have a paint pen and even then they take forever to dry. There are several companies that make autograph style balls that can be bought at a ***** or Sports Authority. The Falcons sell autograph balls but they may not be open 2 hours before the game.

So during this time, they aren't suited up?

Right - they come out in sweats usually - and they work out on the field. Then they go back in and come out in uni and work out - but they are pretty much in focus at that point and won't stop.

Just this week - I got all 3 QB's Matt Ryan, Chris Redman and D.J. Shockley, plus Jerious Norwood, Michael Jenkins, Jamaal Anderson, Chauncey Davis, Chris Houston, Erik Coleman and Harry Douglas. Could have gotten a few more - but some guys just go to one side or the other and there's this kid that's really good at flagging them down on the other side. Dude's a pro!

I have a lot of others too - but got these for a new football - hoping to get as many of this years players on it as possible. This year is soooo special - and I want a special momento of the year. I'm going to put all the players stats and put it in a case. I'm psyched and hope I get most of the guys to sign it at some point.

May I also suggest looking around on this website to see when the players will be in the community? A lot of times during the week players will be doing community service or will be making appearances at local businesses. You could maybe get an autograph there. Additional player sightings will be announced in the paper or on the radio.

They do Falcons Face to Face at the ESPNZone every Thursday. At least one player is there every time they film that show. Head up there and you might get a chance to catch someone.