Offensive Running Game

Falconsfan567

Offensive Running Game  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who's at fault?

• OL Sucked (Turner had no where to run)
    • Turner Sucked (OL opened holes and Turner missed them)
    • Other (Please explain below)

There were defenders consistently in the backfield on most running plays. A running back can only be as good as his offense line allows him to be. However, when they were holes, they were the size of the Atlantic Ocean. How big of a hole was there on Turner's second TD run?

You could have ran a Mack truck through that hole.

i was just about to comment on baker

our run game is 110% better with him in

Exactly. Baker gives us huge holes on the left side, and he gets up more big plays. Our right side is pretty good, but Baker really just gives us that much extra on some plays to really help the run game. I hope we draft some extra depth at LT this year, in case Baker goes down again. I really do hope he is back soon.

I PICKED "OTHER", BECAUSE i PERSONALLY BELIEVE THAT WE DON'T PASS ENOUGH TO SET UP THE RUN. Darn caps lock. Anyway, I think we go back to the run too quickly. This team can totally establish the pass to set up the run, but we continue to try the opposite. We had the Bronco corners eaten alive on the corner comebacks and slants and screens all day long. Ryan was having their lunch on the out routes. Then run plays for losses would set us up in tough positions. Let Ryan pass, and running lanes will open.

i would like to see Turner use his cutback lanes like he did in the beginning of the season. once teams realizes this, then they will need to not over pursue and that in turn leads to less defenders in the running lanes. but we need to have our Oline to a better job of blocking also. Turner is getting taken down in the backfield wayy to many times

i would like to see Turner use his cutback lanes like he did in the beginning of the season. once teams realizes this, then they will need to not over pursue and that in turn leads to less defenders in the running lanes. but we need to have our Oline to a better job of blocking also. Turner is getting taken down in the backfield wayy to many times

Good point. I remember hearing in the 3rd game of the year the announcers taking about Turner using the cutback too much and not he isn't using it at all.