Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KRUNKuno

...and tha award for "Best Thing Since Slice Bread" goes to my newest Mock

10 posts in this topic

At this point in our young, but promising 6-4 season, it's tough to really pinpoint just what it is we really need out of our 2009 offseason. People like us think ahead to all tha capable possibilities to make our Atlanta Falcons team BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER, TOUGHER, SMARTER, SEXIER :ph34r: ......yes SEXIER!!! I salute you all, Men of Mockdome. Your time, effort, and visions certainly do not go unnoticed. From tha guy that screams "Terrance Cody is god!", to tha fanaticism for players not even eligible (coughcoughericberrycoughcough), to that person that defends his mock until our eyes bleed from reading tha same thing....I salute you!

with that said, I too have a dream...A dream that we will obtain a formidable tight end in our 2009 offseason. A dream that we will keep tha likes of both Lawyer Milloy and Keith Brooking; both who play and serve roles to this young team that a lot of us lose sight of in this age of statistics. A dream that recognizes tha returns of Renardo Foster, Trey Lewis, and tha hopeful gem in J'Vonne Parker. Thus, a mock is formed...

1. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR Maryland. 6'3'' 206lbs

- Why, you ask? BECAUSE I SAID SO!!! Nah, but really I personally am not satisfied with our receiving corp. Roddy's making plays and is a bonafide star, while Jenkins is playing his role. However, Finn is getting up there in age, Douglass is doing okay (but i dont see him as a #2 guy), and Jenkins is truly tha meaning of a role player. Let's pair Roddy with a nice, young, athletic talent. Heyward-Bey is consistently dominant despite having craptacular quarterbacks throwing to him. For this reason he'll come out early. He's explosive, physical, strong, and fast (mid 4.3). Roddy and Heyward-Bey could be as good as Fitzgerald/Boldin....maybe. But who knows until you try? We'd be giving Ryan another weapon and we'd truly be able to stretch tha field as we're supposed to do in this offense. Tha way I see it, any player that we can use will be gone before we pick. There are a lot of possibilites with this first rounder. With Heyward-Bey our receiving packages become unlimited.

2. Marcus Freeman, OLB Ohio State. 6'1'' 239lbs

- Maybe tha most underrated player in this draft. He gets overshadowed by big name Laurinaitis, but is excellent at what he provides. Great against tha run and pass and provides versatility in our LB corps. Just as Curtis Lofton was labeled a steal last year, so will be Marcus Freeman.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

3. Terrance Taylor, DT Michigan. 6'0'' 319lbs

- Another guy kinda flying under camoflague. Terrance Taylor is tha kind of defensive tackle we need. rock solid against tha run, and has pass rushing capabilities. He has solid stamina and should run a 5.0 or low 5.1 at tha combine.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

4. Troy Nolan, SS Arizona State. 6'2'' 207lbs

- I think I've scouted every safety in this class thoroughly. It got to tha point where i said screw tha draft sites and let me do my own research. I came across Troy Nolan and dont know why I've never looked at him before. I saw his size....check. Speed clocks in at a respectable 4.5. But his numbers are very very good. He's a JUCO transfer but is in his 2nd year of D1 football. His stats last year:

64tak(39solo)...2tfl...6ints(2tds)...7pbu

so far this year he's at:

49tak(28solo)...0.5tfl...3ints(1td)...6pbu...1ff...1fr(1td)

Dude is doing something right. Sites have him ranked as a 5th rounder. I think he'll eclispe that.

5. Eric Wood, C Louisville. 6'4'' 309lbs

- Has stayed constant in my drafts. Centers dont really start moving until tha 4th/5th rounds. I think he might still be on tha board here. Unquestioned leader of Louisville's oline and maybe team. Solid as a rock, very football savvy, and can play guard if need be.

536701.jpg

5. Will Davis, DE Illinois. 6'3'' 268lbs

-Somewhere we've gotta get a defensive end out of this draft. It's necessary. I actually wanted Davis' bookend Derek Walker but he should be long gone before this pick. Will Davis is far from a consolation prize, however. 2 sacks in 2006, 9.5 last year, and 3.5 so far this year. Could be a nice rotational guy.

ncf_g_davis_300.jpg

7. Dallas Reynolds, OL BYU. 6'5'' 320lbs

- I read on walterfootball that this guy can play 4 offensive line positions. Looked him up and sure enough this guy can play 4 positions on tha line. Along with his size, I dont think you could ask for much more from your 7th round pick. He's #65 in this photo:

5885763.jpg

and that's my last draft for a while. comments and criticisms welcome.

I really don't think we need a WR in the first Jenkins iis 47th in the league in yds avg 15.5 he is solidifying his position as our #2 I think we resign him and keep him Matt and Roddy together, we have to many needs on defense to go WR in the first we need that impact defensive rookie desperately.

I don't really know too much about Freeman haven't really looked for him when I've seen OU play, but correct me if I am wrong isn't he more of a blitzing OLB for OU or can he cover aswell??

Good job of getting a C to develop under McClure

At this point in our young, but promising 6-4 season, it's tough to really pinpoint just what it is we really need out of our 2009 offseason. People like us think ahead to all tha capable possibilities to make our Atlanta Falcons team BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER, TOUGHER, SMARTER, SEXIER :ph34r: ......yes SEXIER!!! I salute you all, Men of Mockdome. Your time, effort, and visions certainly do not go unnoticed. From tha guy that screams "Terrance Cody is god!", to tha fanaticism for players not even eligible (coughcoughericberrycoughcough), to that person that defends his mock until our eyes bleed from reading tha same thing....I salute you!

That's probably the best mock into I've ever read. :lol:

Now for the mock, it sucks. JK, I like it. I don't mind a WR in the 1st at all. Roddy is pretty much doubled across his stats to our next leading WR, Jenkins. That's not really a good sign. I like all the other picks as well. It's a lot harder to judge a mock not knowing what FA we are going to bring in though.

1). I like Darius, but I am not sure if we need him. Maybe a TE here or an SS like Mays other than Nolan. If we were to get an extra receiving weapon for Ryan I would say a TE.

2). This has to be my favorite pick. This guy will truly be a steal and will make an impact in the NFL. Maybe he will slip to the 3rd but if he is available I would love to have him. Haven't seen much of him in pass coverage though, is he good?

3). Don't know much bout him. Would like Chung here if he is available.

4). Don't know much bout him either, I think UGA threw all over Arizona, not sure if he was the problem though.

5). Love Eric Wood.

5). Don't know much about him either,stats?

6). Only seen him a couple of times but that's impressive he can play as Oline.

I really don't think we need a WR in the first Jenkins iis 47th in the league in yds avg 15.5 he is solidifying his position as our #2 I think we resign him and keep him Matt and Roddy together, we have to many needs on defense to go WR in the first we need that impact defensive rookie desperately.

Receiver is more of a possibilty than some want to believe. Jenkins does what he does. I have no beef with him as he has stepped up and became a very reliable target for Matt Ryan and our offense. But that's just what he is...a very reliable target for Matt Ryan and our offense. While Jenkins has shown his worth, I think it's safe to say that White is our only feared receiving weapon. By drafting Heyward-Bey we get another big receiving target and a true playmaker at that. A trio of White...Heyward-Bey...Jenkins is a 3rd and 5+ dream. Want a speed corp, White...Heyward-Bey...Douglass. Want to abuse those small corners, White...Heyward-Bey...Jenkins...Finneran. Possibilities are endless.

1). I like Darius, but I am not sure if we need him. Maybe a TE here or an SS like Mays other than Nolan. If we were to get an extra receiving weapon for Ryan I would say a TE.

My sentiments are that:

1. Safeties like Mays or Moore will both be long gone before we pick.

2. As for TE, Pettigrew has off-field concerns, and Gresham may not even come out and lacks great blocking skills.

3. Im not too much sold on any defensive end besides Orakpo, Brown, or Michael Johnson...all three should be off tha board before we pick.

4. There are no defensive tackles worth first round consideration that fit our scheme.

5. Saying we need Aaron Curry when we have Brooking is killing me. Brooking does not need to be shoved out like that. Let him provide guidance to a 2nd-mid rounder.

I don't really know too much about Freeman haven't really looked for him when I've seen OU play, but correct me if I am wrong isn't he more of a blitzing OLB for OU or can he cover aswell??

Far from it. It's just that when they do blitz him, he's there to make a play. Freeman's M.O. is that he's always in tha right place, never out of position. He's a solid, natural OLB. Tha best way to describe him is "disruptive". He influences almost every play. He's got great range, speed, agility, and versatility. He'll play many years in this league because of his on-field recognition skills. Im not sure if my videos are showing up for you guys or not, but here goes another shot at showing you what he's all about:

2). This has to be my favorite pick. This guy will truly be a steal and will make an impact in the NFL. Maybe he will slip to the 3rd but if he is available I would love to have him. Haven't seen much of him in pass coverage though, is he good?

definitely. you'll see his numbers and see that he doesnt get a ton of picks, but he gets his hands on balls (hahaha). but seriously, if he's not breaking up a play, he's there to stop YAC.

5). Don't know much about him either,stats?

Both Will Davis and Derek Walker are Illinois starting defensive ends. Both very productive. Walker will be a true left end in tha NFL coming in at 6'4'' 270lbs. Davis is smaller, but not by much (6'3'' 268lbs). He has more capability of playing both LE and RE. Walker goes ahead because of size, strength, speed.

Will Davis

2006: 19tak(11solo)...2sacks...3.5tfl...5QBH

2007: 41tak(29solo)...9.5sacks...12.5tfl...7QBH...1ff

2008: 33tak(12solo)...3.5sacks...7tfl...2QBH..2pbu

He's stayed fairly consistent, but is more speed than power. Walker is size, speed, and power. They're kinda interchangeable in my eyes. cant go wrong with either at this point in tha draft, but i like Davis more.

I am not disputing that Bey can be a good WR in the league but if you noticed after the Denver game its our defense that needs an imediate impact not our WR's, Offense may get you into the playoffs but defense wins you championships.

I am not disputing that Bey can be a good WR in the league but if you noticed after the Denver game its our defense that needs an imediate impact not our WR's, Offense may get you into the playoffs but defense wins you championships.

The 98 Vikings and 07 Patriots strongly agree.

We need to find an immediate starting SS in 09. Milloy sucks in coverage and Nolan is not the answer immdiately.

drafts never go how people want them to. A lot of tha drafts i see on these boards are "fantasy drafts". It's as if people see tha best player and his round ranking and put him into their mocks. In a perfect world, my mock would look like

1. Taylor Mays

2. Marcus Freeman

3. B.J. Raji

4. Brandon Graham

5. Eric Wood

5. Ramses Barden

7. Louis Vasquez

but things dont work out like that. Players stay in school, stocks rise and fall, GM's trade and reach....lots of things happen in tha draft. I always aim to make mine realistic and full of quality.

nobody expected us to draft half tha players we drafted last year, but they turned out to all be quality guys with a lot of talent.

if we continue our success, which seems more than likely, there will not be a defensive player that fills a need worth drafting in tha first round. Both safeties will be gone, tha 3 premier DE's that fit our defense will be gone, no defensive tackles worthy, and until i see Keith Brooking's pink slips I dont think we'll draft Curry. Just my thoughts.