A different brand of crow...

ThunderCookie

Let me preface this with the fact that I do not believe that the refs decided the game, but...

I watched Cutler stand in the pocket with the game on the line. I saw 55 bearing down on him. Sack all the way and we were going to win the game. Then I see a Bronco take Abraham down from behind like he was Ned Beatty. In horrific train wreck style slow motion, I see the ref staring right at them. Abraham hits the ground, and Cutler launches it 47 yards down field.

I wanted to run onto the field and get in the refs face myself. And then I thought about the Charger and Saints fans who complained after their games. We thought it was pretty funny didn't we?

In a game that came down to one play, how many calls killed us? Two suspect holding calls on us and the refs continue to refuse to call holding on people that tackle Abraham in plain view?

Point is, next time someone complains about the refs, maybe we should give them a little credit. After what we have seen this year, we can sympathize.

Let me preface this with the fact that I do not believe that the refs decided the game, but...

I watched Cutler stand in the pocket with the game on the line. I saw 55 bearing down on him. Sack all the way and we were going to win the game. Then I see a Bronco take Abraham down from behind like he was Ned Beatty. In horrific train wreck style slow motion, I see the ref staring right at them. Abraham hits the ground, and Cutler launches it 47 yards down field.

I wanted to run onto the field and get in the refs face myself. And then I thought about the Charger and Saints fans who complained after their games. We thought it was pretty funny didn't we?

In a game that came down to one play, how many calls killed us? Two suspect holding calls on us and the refs continue to refuse to call holding on people that tackle Abraham in plain view?

Point is, next time someone complains about the refs, maybe we should give them a little credit. After what we have seen this year, we can sympathize.

I have seen bad calls a-plenty against the Saints and against every team. The officiating has been a complete disgrace this season

Saints have had a history of being treated like the red headed step children of the league.

I have no doubt of this.

There have been traditionally bad calls to other teams, but not nearly on the same scale as the Saints traditionally.

There are "anti-Christian people" in the league(country, media), and the Saints are "Christian themed." Think about that

for a second before you laugh it off. ;)

Saints have had a history of being treated like the red headed step children of the league.

I have no doubt of this.

There have been traditionally bad calls to other teams, but not nearly on the same scale as the Saints traditionally.

There are "anti-Christian people" in the league(country, media), and the Saints are "Christian themed." Think about that

for a second before you laugh it off. ;)

ok....i thought about it and still laughed it off

there is holding on every play, sometimes it's called and sometimes it isnt. unfortuneately for yall, it wasn't.

it's pathetic (the officiating this season).

goodell needs to stop worrying so much about fining players for having one pant leg too high and one sock down to low and start getting on his own **** officials!

someone is getting a little worked up over the refs, now just imagine the refs actually playing a huge part in deciding the game!

I think ya'll are a bunch of whiners. Fu*k the refs but they didn't cost us the game or any other team the game...bad calls happen but they usually even out. Truth is, Roddy catches the TD ball and we probably win!

ok, lets say a team has a 3rd and 1. they don't get it, but the ref misses a infraction on the defense. if he calls it, the offense takes a couple and knees and wins the game. what do you think about that?

ok, lets say a team has a 3rd and 1. they don't get it, but the ref misses a infraction on the defense. if he calls it, the offense takes a couple and knees and wins the game. what do you think about that?

That suks but infractions are missed all the time. It is about evening out. Heck, the totally blew a call saying we muffed a punt at the end of the Eagles game costing us any chance to comeback when we were down by 5. I didn't whine about it you move on. Eagles got their payback for that yesterday! Point is don't let yourself get in that position to have the refs cost you a game if your better than the other team...

I didn't say that. I hate bad calls as much as the next guy. What I'm saying is some go your way some don't. That is how its worked since the beginning of officiating!

Saints dilemma=Very few go your way, Most don't.

I hear you, but I still hold on to the notion "if the team is good enough, they will overcome horrible refs."

I hate being told that, but it is truly my only hope for the Saints to succeed.

Trust me, "if and when" the Saints ever go to the superbowl, it will have to be "one of the

greatest teams in the history of sport" to have made it there. :ph34r:

bumping this because I saw the best officiated game of the season in the Saints-Packers game

no ticky-tack calls, good job on the challenge, good job when they all got together to discuss calls. If Goodell gave a ****, he would make all the officials watch a replay of this game as an example of how to do their jobs

bumping this because I saw the best officiated game of the season in the Saints-Packers game

no ticky-tack calls, good job on the challenge, good job when they all got together to discuss calls. If Goodell gave a ****, he would make all the officials watch a replay of this game as an example of how to do their jobs

Come on Dago? There had to be some defensive holding or something fo JD to get two INTs! :lol: