Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL FALCONS-BRONCOS IN-GAME THREAD

2,426 posts in this topic

guessing you missed all the choke holds not being called on denvers scoring drives?

right, go watch game, and say refs had a part in screwing this game

i watched the game thanks, i have directv. the refs had nothing to do with turner not being able to put up 100 on a D filled with second stringers or why we have the 23 ranked D in the league. excuses excuses excuses. we did not deserve to win the game.

how many games has he won for us with scores? you can't blame one guy for losing a game! This is the same BS treatment Fin got in 2002 for dropping a TD pass to green bay...

We had them on third and long twice and 3rd and Goal on that last drive and our defense layed over like a cheap whore....

We lost because of bad coaching calls, poor QB decisions, ineffetive blocking by the OL, stupid penalties, no pass rush, bad secondary play, poor tackling, ineffectiveness in the red zone, and big plays that didn't go our way on both sides of the ball....

to pin this loss on one person is not fair

agreed

Some of the "fans" on here are a joke. You guys are the most ignorant and fickle group of people I have ever seen.

You act like we aren't supposed to be upset. We were playing at home against a broncos team that was devastated with injuries and we lost. There really is no excuse to lose a game to a team that is that beat up on injuries. This loss is especially tough since carolina is going to win and tampa bay just beat the vikings. This loss was huge and it's going to be a tough road to hoe now.

I hate people who use this. The fact is we are better than we thought... we're beyond that and right now we are/were in the thick of the playoff hunt. That whole "nobody thought we'd be this good" is a LAME *** EXCUSE to use to defend a terrible loss.

true but that is no worse than overreacting to a lose either

You act like we aren't supposed to be upset. We were playing at home against a broncos team that was devastated with injuries and we lost. There really is no excuse to lose a game to a team that is that beat up on injuries. This loss is especially tough since carolina is going to win and tampa bay just beat the vikings. This loss was huge and it's going to be a tough road to hoe now.

well said

Uh, no. I'm talking about the people saying things like "Roddy White sucks."

im all for being upset.....or saying we could play much better because we could.........but the roddy white sucks crap is just ridiculous..........trust me i have already thrown my remote a couple of times today.......BUT i cant imagine saying white sucks....or trade white....thats insane

roddy white has made a million and a half plays for us this season, and if you want to go by exact #'s he's made 50+ catches for 900+ yds and 6 TDs.

one bad play and you guys want to bash the best WR we had since terrance mathis. A-****ING-MAZING.

EVERY WIDE OUT DROPS PASSES, EVEN MARVIN HARRISON, TO AND MOSS HAVE DROPPED KEY PASSES THAT WOULD HAVE WON THE GAME. IF YOU THINK RODDY SUCKS YOU CAN GO FIND ANOTHER TEAM BECAUSE HE WILL BE A FALCON FOR A LONG TIME. BET ON THAT.

I hate people who use this. The fact is we are better than we thought... we're beyond that and right now we are/were in the thick of the playoff hunt. That whole "nobody thought we'd be this good" is a LAME *** EXCUSE to use to defend a terrible loss.

I'm not defending this loss however, did dou ever think that a 'terrible loss' is possibly just what we needed to become an even better team? We're not out of the playoff hunt by a long shot although we'd never compete with the Giants right now. We still have the Bucs/Panties at home and if losing this game is what was needed to make some adjustments necessary to win the upcoming ones, so be it. We're a long ways from being an 'elite' team so there will be some losses and this won't be the last one by a long shot.

In my opinion, a 'terrible loss' was the losses against Tampa and Carolina earlier this year. We were in this game until the end and came very close to pulling it off.

i think roddy white is a great receiver, he just needs to stop dropping key passes

Since he does that a lot? He has been one of the clutchest receivers in the NFL this season. Yes he should have caught that one, but every receiver drops passes. His just came at the worst time.

Uh, no. I'm talking about the people saying things like "Roddy White sucks."

one or two people sayings stupid stuff doesn't represent everyone.

i think roddy white is a great receiver, he just needs to stop dropping key passes

he's made over 20 "key" 3rd down catches and has not dropped one. this guy makes more plays than he misses. seriously, sit back, chill out and reflect on all he has done for this team. every wideout drops passes, even key ones. if you want to find a wideout who never drops key passes or never drops passes you will need to keep looking because there are none.

one or two people sayings stupid stuff doesn't represent everyone.

Hence the word "some." And it's definitely a lot more than one or two people.

Being upset is one thing. But losing a game in which we didnt play our best ball, had a chance to go ahead for the win in the last two minutes and went back and forth with a DIVISION LEADER is certainly not cause for the sky to fall.

Newsflash...we're rebuilding and we just proved to be a very very solid team that can hang with/beat any team we play.

Perspective, people....perspective

Some of you complain that we should have beaten this Denver team today and I agree that we should. BUT, you also fail to realize, Shanahan had what players he did READY and PREPARED much better than Smith had our team on this day. I don't see this happening often and I really think we'll see a prepared team ready to play Carolina next week.

Since he does that a lot? He has been one of the clutchest receivers in the NFL this season. Yes he should have caught that one, but every receiver drops passes. His just came at the worst time.

ok, throughout his career you and i both know that roddy has had a thing for dropping passes. today right off the bat he dropped two passes in a row

ok, throughout his career you and i both know that roddy has had a thing for dropping passes. today right off the bat he dropped two passes in a row

one was a bad throw by ryan, one was his fault on the drop.

dude seriously, roddy made more plays than he missed today. get a grip. 5 catches and 102 yds on an all pro corner.

**** happens!

Hence the word "some." And it's definitely a lot more than one or two people.

Agreed your one of the idiots

Roddy White = Braylon Edwards

Roddy has a history of dropping passes. I still think he is a number 2 receiver.

For the record:

Roddy White: 53 Catches, 801 yards, 6 TDs on the season

Braylon Edwards: 27 Catches, 472 yards, 3 TDs on the season

Roddy obviously should have come up with the catch, but let's not say anything that isn't true.