Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

**** Jamie Dukes

30 posts in this topic

That doesn't sound like what you said before... But, okay, I'll buy that. Our remaining schedule is no joke, but for an entertainer to say we should win the game if we avoid a letdown is a lot different than saying that the ghosts of Falcons past will creep into the dome and inevitably cause us to lose to teams that we "should" beat. He didn't mean anything disrespectful. There's plenty of BS to be called and, like the race card, if you call BS on everything, nobody can tell what really constitutes it anymore.

Look. This isn't the first time or will it be the last time I post something like this. But I don't go down and post BS on everybody that picks us to get beat. If you have a good reason for picking against us I can accept it. But this is a BS reason because they Falcons have shown nothing to make this even a possibility.

My point is Smitty keeps the fire lit under our guys because 6 wins don't mean jack during a 16 game season
YOu are correct. Smith is not Jim Mora. Mora was a straight up player coach that laid back when we had 5-7 wins, and we ended up at .500 or below .500. Smith will not let this happen, b/c he knows this is a long season, and he tells his players they can relax after we win the SB. :ph34r:

It shouldn't even matter what Dukes said...everyone is waiting for the Falcons to go back to their old ways. I still have friends talking smack referring to last year's team, but what do you expect??? We've done it countless times in the past, during Mora's tenure and Quitrino's "week" in the NFL...<_<

I accept it (mama always said know where you came from)...I'm enjoying how my team is continuously shutting all the naysayers up and opening their eyes while also letting the league know the Falcons are about business and we have some serious guns you need to be concerned with...this is no longer the Vick show. It feels great because we have some serious weapons teams have to actually gameplan around instead of just figuring out how to make Vick win games with his arm.

Besides, that Saints' TD was thrown in the final seconds of the game...it didn't even matter at that point and I'm sure Smitty won't allow the Broncos enough time to even stage a comeback. When we're in position to win, we follow through...Smitty's words.

I think what everybody and Mr Dukes and myself has been missing is this.

At some point during the season most teams will have a game where everybody

plays flat, and honestly I have had those same concerns.

What Smitty and the coaching staff has done is Brilliant.

There are a lot of Rooks and Foxy and Coleman who have been held back

and ready to Explode.

What happens here is that if the team starts to play flat these guys will be chomping at the bits

and their shear energy will rub off on the entire team.

Jamie Dukes will learn about this weekend and say to himself

D@mm I wish I could have played on this team.

TD, Smith and Co. changed the team culture, us fans are learning to change our culture

Jamie Dukes Included.

Cheers Everybody

Coach Smith will have the Falcons ready to play some ball. I am looking for the Falcons to control the clock at this game also. If we can get Turner and Norwood started up early then Matt Ryan will be able to throw without having pressure on him. Although he does good under pressure. I look for them to come out early on using the no huddle to get ahead of the Broncos.