Thomas Dimitroff is a real talent evaluator

atljbo

We all know about the great job TD did with the draft but also look at this season new acquisition

slideshow_826974_falcons.1110_CC10.JPG

Eric Coleman (26 years old) : No one paid Eric Coleman attention when he enter freeaency. Every team was going after Gibril Wilson and Madieu Williams….. TD did his research….. Eric Coleman played in a similar Defensive scheme under Herm Edwards and flourished…. Coach Mangini runs a different scheme….. Eric Coleman produced 84 tackles, 9 pass deflections, and 4 ints his rookie year under a similar scheme…

2008 stats

Gibril Wilson (27 years old) : 76 tackles, 1int (six-year, $39 million contract. $15.4 million in guarantees)

Madieu Williams (27 years old) :14 tackles, 1 int (six-year, $33.75 million contract. $13 million in guarantees)

Eric Coleman (26 years old) :52 tackles, 3int, 2 FF (Four-year, $10 million contract.$3 million signing bonus)

610x.jpg

Domonique Foxworth (25 years old) : Foxy was a very good CB coming out of college…. Foxy had the speed to play bump and cover man but with his aggressiveness, ball skills, great tackling, and high football IQ…. He was a better fit in a cover 2 Defense…. Domonique Foxworth had a chance to play as a rookie and produced 71 tackles, 16 pass deflections, 1 FF, and 2 int…. The next year the Broncos ended up getting Dre Bly and somehow Foxworth ended up in Mike Shanahan’s dog house….. Thomas Dimitroff traded a late round pick for foxworth (7th round pick if we don’t resign him… 6th round pick if we do)……… If Domonique Foxworth continues to play like this,..We could have a good starting CB and a very cheap price (when we resign him)…. TD basically traded a 6th round pick for a starting CB

Others

Justin Pelle: Pelle look like he could be a good all around TE

Ben Hartsock: A great Blocking TE

Thomas Dimitroff learned well from Scott Pioli and the Patriots way...... In a interview TD said that Scott Pioli used to let him sit down during the important meetings (meetings about signing players and seeing what players in freeagency fits the patriots scheme)..... Thomas Dimitroff knows talent and more importantly knows what players has the talent towards our scheme

It feels really good to have real football guys/ talent evaluators running the show

We all know about the great job TD did with the draft but also look at this season new acquisition

slideshow_826974_falcons.1110_CC10.JPG

Eric Coleman (26 years old) : No one paid Eric Coleman attention when he enter freeaency. Every team was going after Gibril Wilson and Madieu Williams….. TD did his research….. Eric Coleman played in a similar Defensive scheme under Herm Edwards and flourished…. Coach Mangini runs a different scheme….. Eric Coleman produced 84 tackles, 9 pass deflections, and 4 ints his rookie year under a similar scheme…

2008 stats

Gibril Wilson (27 years old) : 76 tackles, 1int (six-year, $39 million contract. $15.4 million in guarantees)

Madieu Williams (27 years old) :14 tackles, 1 int (six-year, $33.75 million contract. $13 million in guarantees)

Eric Coleman (26 years old) :52 tackles, 3int, 2 FF (Four-year, $10 million contract.$3 million signing bonus)

610x.jpg

Domonique Foxworth (25 years old) : Foxy was a very good CB coming out of college…. Foxy had the speed to play bump and cover man but with his aggressiveness, ball skills, great tackling, and high football IQ…. He was a better fit in a cover 2 Defense…. Domonique Foxworth had a chance to play as a rookie and produced 71 tackles, 16 pass deflections, 1 FF, and 2 int…. The next year the Broncos ended up getting Dre Bly and somehow Foxworth ended up in Mike Shanahan’s dog house….. Thomas Dimitroff traded a late round pick for foxworth (7th round pick if we don’t resign him… 6th round pick if we do)……… If Domonique Foxworth continues to play like this,..We could have a good starting CB and a very cheap price (when we resign him)…. TD basically traded a 6th round pick for a starting CB

Others

Justin Pelle: Pelle look like he could be a good all around TE

Ben Hartsock: A great Blocking TE

Thomas Dimitroff learned well from Scott Pioli and the Patriots way...... In a interview TD said that Scott Pioli used to let him sit down during the important meetings (meetings about signing players and seeing what players in freeagency fits the patriots scheme)..... Thomas Dimitroff knows talent and more importantly knows what players has the talent towards our scheme

It feels really good to have real football guys/ talent evaluators running the show

AMEN, Speak the Truh Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's another thing.....it was reported by the Denver newspaper that Foxworth took the shooting death of his teammate very hard and that what he may need is a fresh environment to get past it to play up to his real potenial.

I'm not sure if Foxworth was with his teammate (I think a fellow DB) that night when he got shot and died......he may have been n the vehicle. The bullett penetrated the vehicle, hit his teammate and killed him as he bled all over everyone. It must have been horrible to witness.

I think this was what I recall about the story,.....but if anyone else can find the facts surrounding that and if Foxworth was in the vehicle that would be cool.

Love that video birdgirl.

It's unbelievable how many cornerstone type players TD aquired in 1 offseason. I'll be the first to point out that he had a kings ransom worth of draft picks, and the money to sign Turner to a large FA contract, but even considering that he surpassed all expectations. A franchise QB, LT, MLB, and RB! That isn't even counting Chevis Jackson, Harry Douglas, Coleman, Foxy, & Bierman.

Now it will be interesting to see who he resigns and for how much. I am most concerned with keeping our OL in tact.

I agree especially with Coleman, he has made a huge difference that does not always show up in stats or when watching on TV. QB's are not throwing down the field as much because of his coverage. I love this pickup. Foxworth's play is outstanding. With his signing I feel that are secondary is set. No need to sign a big contract free agent CB. We need to identify/acquire Milloy's replacement but I have been real happy with his play this year as well. The secondary as a whole has been the strongest part of our defense next to Abe. Abe please, please stay healthy.

Coleman did not have a good season in 2007, but he was benched after an injury and never given a chance to see the field again.

He was a beast in 2006 and I think the Jets would be regretting letting him go if they hadn't had other players step up.

Of course, the Jets spent $140 million signing players like Kris Jenkins and Calvin Pace ... TD is building our defense in a much smarter way, I think. ^_^

I don't know, but if he doesn't win then the award is a joke. And to think this is his "rookie" year as a GM, too. Awesome.

I had high hopes for TD, a NE Patriots pedigree is nothing scoff at, I've always loved the way they built their team. TD has taken the philosophy and if anything improved upon it, at least so far. He has been head and shoulders above any other front office guy in the league this year.

I had high hopes for TD, a NE Patriots pedigree is nothing scoff at, I've always loved the way they built their team. TD has taken the philosophy and if anything improved upon it, at least so far. He has been head and shoulders above any other front office guy in the league this year.

I agree