Joe Flacco

LVfalconfan

First, Big Ben is definitely NOT overrated. Sure, he's having a down year, but that guy makes plays left and right. He was doing a decent job with a makeshift oline until last week. He's been incredible, and will be a top 5 QB for at least the next 5 years.

As for Flacco, he's inherited a good team with an incredible defense. He's been playing well, but will have to show more consistency over time.

Now Matt Ryan, that guy's just NASTY :lol:

flacco's situation has been 10,000x better than ryan's. from having a top 5 D to back him up, to playing in a weaker conference and division, to not having to turn an entire franchise around and make it relevant, to the vick stuff. ryan's had to shoulder a whole lot.

Joe Flacco is almost in the same situatuion as big ben. The "analyst" are not smart enough to realize Eli and Ben are driving ferraris and Matty Ice is rolling with a Hyundai and still making it sick.

First, Big Ben is definitely NOT overrated. Sure, he's having a down year, but that guy makes plays left and right. He was doing a decent job with a makeshift oline until last week. He's been incredible, and will be a top 5 QB for at least the next 5 years.

As for Flacco, he's inherited a good team with an incredible defense. He's been playing well, but will have to show more consistency over time.

Now Matt Ryan, that guy's just NASTY :lol:

Ben IS overrated. I liked him a few years ago, but the whole time I was wondering how he managed to play well while holding on the ball way too long, and being not mobile what so ever in the pocket. His Oline is garbage because he can never get rid of the ball in 3 seconds.

They seems similar, but I can't lie, I am very impressed with Flacco. Baltimore has had trouble trying to get a QB to fit behind their offense, and between Cam Cameron (who I wanted as OC, nothing against Mularkey, but still, Cam was available), the introduction of Ray Rice (an amazing college player), with some WR and TE threats in Mason/Heap, plus the defense to cover his other side, he really had a chance to succeed.

And to be honest, I didn't expect him to succeed. Flacco might become big ben, but it's not a huge deal. It just means he won't be an elite QB, but will be a very good QB. Flacco has what he needs, and has played well. I figured, coming out of Division 2, or something like that, it would take a good 2 years of clip board work to really make an impact. I was wrong. And I was wrong about Ryan as well. (However, I was right about Troy Smith, he has looked pretty good).

It irritates me how they even put Flacco in the same league as Matt Ryan. They were actually supposed to be a decent team this year. He's a rookie quarterback with a great defense. He's got it pretty easy. He won't compare to Matt Ryan for long, I promise.

It's really irritating when Ryan is compared to a certain individual that's actually in Jail. Flacco VS Ryan is the perfect comparison....IMO..

It irritates me how they even put Flacco in the same league as Matt Ryan. They were actually supposed to be a decent team this year. He's a rookie quarterback with a great defense. He's got it pretty easy. He won't compare to Matt Ryan for long, I promise.

Flacco played well, don't be a homer. Ryan looked pathetic against the Eagles, against the Panthers. Flacco looked good vs the Steelers. Ryan hasn't even played a defense like that yet. His garbage stats against the Saints or the Raiders don't mean much. Besides Flacco doesn't even have any receivers.

Flacco played well, don't be a homer. Ryan looked pathetic against the Eagles, against the Panthers. Flacco looked good vs the Steelers. Ryan hasn't even played a defense like that yet. His garbage stats against the Saints or the Raiders don't mean much. Besides Flacco doesn't even have any receivers.

since when is derrick mason "not a receiver"? 6 of the guy's last 7 seasons have been 1,000 yd seasons, not to mention he had like 103 catches last year. he also has a pretty good guy in mark clayton, who isnt a world beater, but isnt terrible either. not to mention todd heap isnt that bad either, even though he's a TE.

since when is throwing for 277 yds 2 TDs and 2 INTs "pathetic"? we were one bad call away from ryan possibly bringing us back in that game. the panthers game goes on the receivers, not ryan IMO. they had like 7 drops including a couple of key 3rd down drops that would've kept the offense moving. the qb can make a good throw, but he cant make the wideout catch it.

it's funny people also seem to leave out ryan's performance against the packers, who have one of the best pass D's in the league. they also have the most INTs in the league.

did flacco beat the steelers?

How did Flacco do against that great Indy defense...let me tell ya...0 Td's and 3 ints...great job Flacco. How bout that great Oakland defense.....those big 140 yards? Tennessee destroyed him also. YOu mention the Eagles and the Panthers and say Ryan looked pathetic. Those are two great defenses in their house and he didn't do that bad against the Eagles. (one bad throw) We would have possibly beaten them if it wasn't for that bad call. You'll find out soon enough.

How did Flacco do against that great Indy defense...let me tell ya...0 Td's and 3 ints...great job Flacco. How bout that great Oakland defense.....those big 140 yards? Tennessee destroyed him also. YOu mention the Eagles and the Panthers and say Ryan looked pathetic. Those are two great defenses in their house and he didn't do that bad against the Eagles. (one bad throw) We would have possibly beaten them if it wasn't for that bad call. You'll find out soon enough.

They are both 6-3...wait till the end of the season before you decide to dog out another QB with the same record as our QB... :blink:

Newbies!

n00b.JPG

where is this flacco hate coming from?!? good God...no other professional QB has been able to make it click like Flacco has, he's had a few good games strung together...I just don't understand why people are hating on him so much. I still think Troy Smith will eventually win out that spot, but I believe Flacco will turn out into a good-great QB. I think Matt Ryan is better, but that doesn't mean people should hate on Flacco, almost like you hope his career collapses so you can say your rookie QB is better? anyways...a lot of people need to shut the **** up saying what QB will have what career, because ya were evaluating Matt Ryan to come in green as **** also. now look at him.

Ben was probably the 2nd best QB behind Brady last season. He has been hurt, and shouldnt be in the games. They did it the year he was in the accident as well.

When he is healthy he is very good. He just shouldnt play hurt like he does, because it obviously effects his game alot.

And while I am suprised Flacco looks good, cant hate him for it. good for him. He isnt in our division, so who cares. I agree people are only hating him because the feel he is stealing some of Matt Ryans spotlight.

Ryan and Flacco are the best thing to happen in the NFL since

Manning / Brady.

Face it, we will be comparing these two QB's for years to come.

If you love football, ya gotta be eating this up!

Hmmm Time for a new topic.

Cheers

Probably true, although the comparison between Brady and Manning is fairer - they are the same type of QB and at least they are in the same Conference - but I guess I can still go to the Ravens board to get some talk about our own.

Maybe I should have asked:

I know it is way to early , but over the years of NFL QB's

Which 2 QB's playing in the same time bracket would you compare

Ryan / Flacco to?

Personally I think comparing these two to Brady / Manning is far fetched at this point in time.

Just trying to open up a Fun Debate is all.

and getting on the Ravens msg boards could be interesting indeed.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm on the Ravens message board - every other message is Flacco - either love him or hate him.

Does it matter, really? They are not one of the teams we play this year. Take Flacco talk to Around the NFL - this is Falcon talk.

I think we as fans should be happier that we have the right components on the field and in the front office to really establish the Falcons as a top franchise in the NFL. Imagine if the last draft wasn’t quite the success as it has been and the conversation about Flacco becomes obsolete. Our future is bright, focus on that……….oh and Matt will win OROY ;)

Y'all kill me with these idiotic responses

Matt Ryan = good for the Falcons

Joe Flacco = good for the Ravens

Ben Roethlisberger = good for the Steelers

True story

Yup, when you get down to it, you have a QB that can play in the NFL or like a lot of teams you don't. All three of these guys can play in the NFL. Ryan will be the best of the three by miles though.