Not bad off next year

Zenduke

I was thinking about next year ( I know the season isn't over yet but I can't help it.)

Our Offense is pretty good and other then the O-line getting better and better by playing together I really don't see many changes that need to be done.

Then I looked at the defense.

Von Hutchins will be back . With the secondary becoming better and better, this guy is suppose to be a starter in this league. If this is the case then the little guy "Grimes" ,whom I thought did well, will become 4th on the depth chart for CB's THAT'S NOT BAD.

Grady can't play forever but we do have a young DT thats on the PUP list. Trey Lewis was a beast the year he played and IF he can come back and move into a ranch house without stairs then he should be a beast again with even better coaching.

So looking at this... all we really need is a WLB to replace Brooking and a SS to replace Malloy. (Not saying Malloy is done but he needs to have a young guy with talent behind him that he can mentor for a year.)

Maybe one more lights out Defensive linemen and we're going to be good for a long, long time.

Can Beirman gain 15 healthy lbs between now and next year and become a major factor? if so then BONUS!!

This is AWESOME!!! I can't remember having this much hope in the Falcons since 98'

we need a linebacker to get mentored by Brooking so he can pass the torch. We NEED a big man in the middle, and that should be #1 on their list. We also need another OL. Who knows what will happen with milloy. I hope he stays. If hey does, maybe we will draft a safety and let him sit behind milloy for a year and learn. He would be a great person to learn from for the safety position.

we need a linebacker to get mentored by Brooking so he can pass the torch. We NEED a big man in the middle, and that should be #1 on their list. We also need another OL. Who knows what will happen with milloy. I hope he stays. If hey does, maybe we will draft a safety and let him sit behind milloy for a year and learn. He would be a great person to learn from for the safety position.

We have Trey Lewis...he's on the PUPlist right now but will be back next year. Should we waste a pick for something we already have or use it and be loaded at DT ( which does sound tempting)

We have Trey Lewis...he's on the PUPlist right now but will be back next year. Should we waste a pick for something we already have or use it and be loaded at DT ( which does sound tempting)

The guy hasn't played in a year and a half, I don't expect him to come back on top of his game right away.

I agree on DT, but to be honest if theres not ga dominant one (Cody from Alabama maybe?) we need just a big body that can play gaps. We definitely need another OT. Preferably one who can play RT or LT. Yes, we got Baker and yes he's good. But Baker can play RT as well and we need another bookend regardless. I say draft the best OT available Anthony Davis from Rutgers or Andre Smith from Alabama (have to trade up for him) and let him compete with Baker and the best man goes to LT and the other to RT. Regardless its a win-win.

Also in mid rounds we need OG and OC depth. i do like Dahl and Blalock as our starters at OG. For some reason McClure still remains starter. I still think we need a beefier OC.

The wild card pick for us may be the BPA philosophy if Knoshown Moreno or Crabtree is on the board. Don't laugh Norwood is good, but he's turning into a kevin Faulk type--very talented, needed but can be improved upon as tandem in the backfield.

I think we are one injury away from having real problems on the Oline. We will need to upgrade our starters and get more quality depth.

Our best opportunity for improvement is to bring more pressure on the QB on passing plays. The Cover-2 relies on the Dline bringing the pressure, not on blitzing. If we can get more pressure, the secondary will look even better. We can't continue to allow the QB to sit back there and pick us apart--no secondary will look good without that pressure.