Heard on ESPN radio the other day

Zenduke

I think it was Tafoya (SP?) She was saying that you had to give the Falcons some love because they're doing so we. Then she mentioned that even though the Falcons had low ranks in Pass and rushing defense the real barometer was the fact that the Faclons are 9th in the leauge in TD's allowed.

Really???? I hate the whole bend but don't break defense because it reminds me of the dark days of Mora Jr. But if this is true then dang......that's pretty darn good. ^_^

I think it was Tafoya (SP?) She was saying that you had to give the Falcons some love because they're doing so we. Then she mentioned that even though the Falcons had low ranks in Pass and rushing defense the real barometer was the fact that the Faclons are 9th in the leauge in TD's allowed.

Really???? I hate the whole bend but don't break defense because it reminds me of the dark days of Mora Jr. But if this is true then dang......that's pretty darn good. ^_^

That's a VanGorder defense for you.

When he was at UGA, his defense was a bend-but-don't-break-type as well. He had alot of success with it, but boy, talk about getting cardiac arrest watching them.

They did come up with alot of turnovers and redzone stops though.

I don't think we have a "bend but don't break" defense. Our defense is bend but don't break when we have a multiple possession lead. We do not have that style of defense starting off games. Everybody knows we are the highest scoring 1st quarter team in the league. The thing overlooked is that we also have the largest margin in 1st quarter scoring. In other words, we are shutting teams down early in games. The bend but don't break style is only used to make the clock keep running in order to give the opposing team less time to catch up. It also makes it less likely you'll give up a quick score. It seems like our defense is bend but don't break but that's only because we've had large leads in a lot of our games.

We are much more aggressive in the 1st quarter. In 9 games this season, 6 times we have held the other team completely scoreless. That is not bend but don't break. The other 3 times, TB got a TD off of a pick on our side of the field in the 2nd game, Carolina got a TD drive, and Philly got a field goal. If that's a bend but don't break defense, I'll take that all day! SIX TIMES SCORELESS IN 9 GAMES!!!!!!!!!

I'm wondering if this is the way they want the defense. Bend but don't break usually means 'Not very good" according to the "experts".

I see us doing a lot of upgrades during the off season.

Of course it is the way they want it - with the personnel they currently have.

They are far from being finished with putting this team together.

I am glad this post was made along with everybodys comments.

Before the season started I was suspicious of Van Gorder being

our DC.

As this season has progressed I am amazed at how skillful he has

been in his planning.

No doubt that Mike Smith being the HC has had a lot to do with

the success of our D, as Mike is letting the coordinators do their job

and giving support as and where needed.

I am glad this post was made along with everybody's comments.

Before the season started I was suspicious of Van Gorder being

our DC.

As this season has progressed I am amazed at how skillful he has

been in his planning.

No doubt that Mike Smith being the HC has had a lot to do with

the success of our D, as Mike is letting the coordinators do their job

and giving support as and where needed.

I'm with you about VanGorder. Just the fact that he came over when Patrino last year made me feel a little uneasy. Other then him we have a very "seasoned" coaching staff. This is his third year in the NFL but his first as a coordinator. I for one am pleasantly surprised.