Lions release QB, ex-Michigan football star Henson

clownorg

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions cut quarterback Drew Henson, parting ways with the former Michigan quarterback and New York Yankees prospect.

The Lions made the move Wednesday. Detroit replaced Henson on the roster with Adam Jennings to bolster their special teams.

The Lions signed Henson a month ago to be their No. 3 quarterback, but Daunte Culpepper's signing made Henson expendable.

Henson skipped his senior season at Michigan to play baseball for the Yankees. After three seasons in the Yankees' organization he returned to football.

He threw one touchdown pass in seven games for the Dallas Cowboys in 2004. He had one hit in eight games the previous two years for the Yankees.

I Think they meant Blunder instead of Bolster :lol:

Now I feel like somebody up there really really hates the Lions.

Then again maybe they can make him into a good slot receiver opposite with opposing pass defenses quadruple teaming C. Johnson, y'know kind of like Peerless Price in Buffalo.

Then some other sucker team will trade for him.

But on the other hand who cares if you cut Drew Henson?

When Bill Ford fired Matt Millen they must have thought things were going in their direction. With the signing of Jennings it's up for everybody to se that it wasn't Millen who was the problem.

How on earth can you sign Jennings and say it's a bloster of their roster? :o Wow, I thought it was a move only Al Davis could do.

I know this is a "Jennings thread" but how far has Drew Henson fell? I remember when he was coming out of Michigan there was talk of him being the #1 overall pick and he was supposed to be a 100% stud.......went the baseball route and failed - came back to football and failed - tough deal.....ouch!