as great as turner has been

birdz4i

should we increase norwood's carries to help turner stay healthy and fresh for late in the season since he has never been a #1 for an entire season. i know he has played in 16 games in the past but never as THE man. norwood only has 10+ carries in 3 games and is only averaging 7 attempts a game. turner is already over 200 carries a lil over half way thru the season. he is on pace to come close to Jam's record, which isn't necessarily a good thing. any body else worried about turner hitting the wall like blalock did last year?

Nope. Turner will be fine. He's a vet of this league and knows how to prepare himself.

The Blalock wall is known as the rookie wall. The rookie wall is usually hit because a player is not used to getting in car wrecks every sunday for 16+ weeks. Turner played every week for sixteen weeks for a few years here in SD. He'll be fine.

This has been a thread topic on more than one occasion

and I can't help pounding on my drum: Norwood needs more

carries. The team will win more games if Norwood gets the

ball more. This also will rest Turner which is just as important

as the season goes on and the stakes get higher. We may not

have planned any big things this year but they are coming our

way. Snelling is good enough to rotate in there too.

If anything, Id give Snelling afew carries a game, just to give turner a little more rest, especially when were just trying to run out the clock....Snelling has shown he can get first downs, and get the tough yards...not to mention he is also a punishing runner

Im with yah, as bad as it sounds I think thomas brown getting hurt was a very good thing for us. If it weren't for that I believe Snelling would have been cut and dude has got some skills. I like this guy A LOT!

As Great as Norwood is, he is not an every down back.

The guy is simply not built that way; Turner is.

When Lightning was drafted, the coaches at that time,

knew what they were getting but failed to properly game plan.

This staff IMO is doing a nice job with Game Planning Norwood.

Consider this:

Being the first season with this team and Staff, we are only seeing the

basic Blue Print of our Offense.

The back half of the 2009 season will reveal the Master Plan as by then

the percentages will be known and it will be a matter of adding wrinkles

to a game plan.

Ryan will totally master the west coast offense ( Pik Passes) and as he does you will

simply see more of Norwood in the back field, and Turner used as Clock Control.

Be patient my Fine Feathered Fiends,,,It is coming and about 2 years ahead of schedule too. ;)

We just have to stay healthy.

I have to assume with the coaches' tactics with Abraham that they similarly think that Norwood is best served by his current workload, like this is as often as he can get out there and be a top speed every play he is in on.

If that's the case his super production would suffer from getting a little tired and he wold become more injury prone (more not "very"). I keep thinking the coaches are doing the same thing they do with Abraham for Norwood.

should we increase norwood's carries to help turner stay healthy and fresh for late in the season since he has never been a #1 for an entire season. i know he has played in 16 games in the past but never as THE man. norwood only has 10+ carries in 3 games and is only averaging 7 attempts a game. turner is already over 200 carries a lil over half way thru the season. he is on pace to come close to Jam's record, which isn't necessarily a good thing. any body else worried about turner hitting the wall like blalock did last year?

I would say that we should stop letting Turner take so many carries but I don't think we can afford no to let him take those carries. He is obviously the rock of the offense, everything starts with how he performs... I think we keep doing what we are doing now and later on in the season when we lock up a playoff spot we can take a couple of carries off of him then... But right now we need him carrying the ball. Besides we have Denver this week, he won't get touched probably... B)

I don't think so. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Snelling pick up a few carries late in games.

I was thinking just the opposite.

With his running style, Turner isn't the one to get hurt, unlike Norwood who, to me, seems the more fragile back, especially between the tackles.