Grady Jackson

Espn new's keeps reporting that Grady Jackson has filed a class action lawsuit against a company that supposedly misrepresented themselves on a substance that he took which resulted in a 4 game suspension by the NFL for him taking it : "Which he is appealing the suspension".

I was just wondering, does that mean until the appeal is heard that he can or can't play? I'm not sure of the rule on this.

Sorry if already asked or posted.

Grady is always filing lawsuits. Last year he filed a suit against the Falcons for publically disclosing his medical conditions.

Hey, no pun intended but a man the size and weight of Grady Jackson must have to buy food for himself that would feed a family of 8 adults!

I can see why he needs the xtra cash. :lol:

I hope he wins on his appeal and his lawsuit and can continue playing for our FALCONS without missing a single game.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think Van Gorder needs to come up with a scheme that will use him like a bowling ball. All he needs his a good push from Brooking and maybe Boley and he is in the backfield. Run-game stopped.

Hmmm, this makes me think of William Perry "The Refrigerator" running the ball for the bears. Or that is, I mean you just made me think of "WHAT IF" Grady were to run the ball in goal line situations, What would he be nicknamed?

The Avalanche? Thoughts?

Hopefully they overturn their decision and he doesnt get suspended

I hope they don't uphold the 4 game suspension as reported by ESPN news. I know the NFL has listed as to what you can take and can't take as an NFL player. But ya know it's kinda like putting salt on your food when you are hungry, I mean there is seasoned salt/sea salt, many different varieties and even if you are trying to watch your diet by cutting back on certain things you have no idea a lot of times who the maker of the product is and as to what they AREN'T listing that is in their products a lot of times. Yeah I am biased when it comes to the FALCONS! I am a DIE HARD PRO FALCONS FAN! I think the NFL should make an exception for someone of GRADY JACKSON's size and weight as to what he can and can't take just for health reasons. I mean THE MAN IS HUGE already and he's the kinda player that obviously isn't trying to get larger or stronger by taking some kinda steroid masking supplement. He was just trying to take care of himself as he should be doing. I think this is really a bunch of bull you know what on the part of the NFL rules. JMO...... I think the NFL needs to look at this situation on a CASE by CASE basis, and GRADY obviously does not need anything to get stronger or bigger. JMO.......

I hope they don't uphold the 4 game suspension as reported by ESPN news. I know the NFL has listed as to what you can take and can't take as an NFL player.

I agree. The NFL should not suspend any of those recently caught because from what I understand the banned ingredient was not listed on the package and the product was not on the NFL list. The players didn't have any idea that they were taking that substance so in this case, the NFL should rescind the suspensions.

league has to handle suspension before week 14 so most definitely look for something to happen soon. unfortuantely i think he'll be suspended because according to the substance policy you're responsible for what you put in your body. if they're going to suspend him i rather they do it now so he'll be back for the potenital wildcard game that we may have.

Players are ultimately responsible for what they put in their bodies, but when a good faith effort is made to do that and a manufactuer messes you up it shouldn't be held against you. Many news sites out of NO are reporting Deuce sent the substance (starcaps) to the NFL several years ago and it was approved (not added to the banned list). LINK It has also been reported that a limited study last year showed that 4 users of StarCaps showed traces of the banned substance in their urine.

IMO opinion the NFL has a PR problem if they suspend these players. A good faith effort is made by players. A company violates the law (the banned substance Bumetanide is a controlled substance available by prescription only) by including a controlled substance as an ingredient in an OTC diet supplement without notice.

If you are allergic to peanuts, as many people are, is it your fault if you check ingredients on a food product and eat it for years then suddenly the food maker starts adding peanut oil without disclosing that on the label? It was only reported in a not readily available study somewhere. Suddenly you have a major reaction. I don't think a resonable person would think so.

But that could be part of the problem...... are reasonable people really in charge?????

Just my 2 Cents.