Can Turner surpass Jamal Anderson great year in 98'

SWIFT HITTER

410 carries was a record. I do not want that at all. That's 25.625 carries per game. Subsequently, he was never the same. Maybe a coincidence, but why wear out a back when you have a good change of pace guy to help share the load? Turner is around 22 carries a game and I'd like to see that come down a couple.

the plan going into the year was to give turner 300 carries on the year. We are on pace to give him well more than that. We need to limit him closer to 20 carries a game to keep him fresh. Norwood is so versatile that it wouldnt hurt at all if we got him 10+ carries a game and keep him involved as a receiving back as well

the plan going into the year was to give turner 300 carries on the year. We are on pace to give him well more than that. We need to limit him closer to 20 carries a game to keep him fresh. Norwood is so versatile that it wouldnt hurt at all if we got him 10+ carries a game and keep him involved as a receiving back as well

not to mention we have Snelling too. I hope he continues to get more trash time carries. Turner doesnt need to be in there when the game is a wrap.

Let Snelling get some game tape incase he loses his spot to Brown next season. Snelling is a GREAT story and I wish him all the success, and hope it is here for years to come.

Sorry but I don't agree with that. Game situations dictate all that. I used to think that the FALCONS were a RUN RUN RUN kinda team, but the way Matt Ryan and our Falcons WR's and also our O-line have been playing I am not so sure about that anymore. I think if the situation calls for it or the opposing defensive situation dictates it, then I have no doubt that the FALCONS will be running the ball if there is opportunity, or PASSING the ball.

JUST WIN FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are analyzing all this way too much........... Bottom line : "IF IT'S A WIN THEN THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS", and that's what I really like about this TEAM : "WHATEVER IT TAKES TO WIN THEY HAVE SEEMED TO JUST DO IT!!!!!!"......... Bottom line. 'Nuff Said! Except :

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well put , esp the part about norwood as a recieving back!!!!

i do love it though when the burner gets the rock and we just move the chains!!!

balance is the key

not to mention we have Snelling too. I hope he continues to get more trash time carries. Turner doesnt need to be in there when the game is a wrap.

Let Snelling get some game tape incase he loses his spot to Brown next season. Snelling is a GREAT story and I wish him all the success, and hope it is here for years to come.

forgot about that totally!! thanks for bringing it up!!

we got 3 good backs and using them would be wise!!

and like freeze said.....just win baby!!

I'm with most people here. JA32 broke the attempts record that year, then LJ broke that. Both bit the dust afterwards... Norwood takes a lot of the load off Turner and that's a good thing. If Turner can surpass TD's then I'm happy, but he should never surpass 360+ carries, forget 400+

i would have to say no. that would mean he would need close to 1000 yards in 7 games. the only D's we face where he could have a good chance at 100+ would be den, stl and the chargers the way they have kinda fallen apart w/o merriman and maybe N.O. since we just played them but they know whats coming now, so i kinda doubt it.