There Are Two Things On Defense You Suck At

thechamp

1. Covering Brandon Marshall

2. Covering Eddie Royal

I saw some clown on this site say that the "Denver receivers aren't much better than the Saints receivers, they just get thrown at more often." Another thing that i noticed is that you folks LOVE to post stats to prove your points.. but this isn't baseball, folks. Numbers in the NFL lie. You need to see things with your own two eyes..But i don't blame you for not knowing more about other football teams, so here's a helping hand.. educate yourself:

I want you to keep in mind the fact that this video was added prior to this season, and that Marshall is currently only in his third year. He also was inactive for half of his first year. So in doing the math you will find that this video only covers 1.5 seasons worth of highlights

And here's one for Eddie, although it's in college, the guy looks even faster in the pros.

Oh, and even though you might have seen it,

might give you a chuckle...

Look, i'm not saying that having these weapons on offense gaurantees a win or anything close to that. We have way too many problems on defense and kick return coverage to make claims like that. I just want you to see what the numbers aren't going to show you. Marshall and Royal are far superior to Colston and Henderson, Drew Brees is just a very good qb in a good offensive system.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe before you start coming on here crowing and talking about how you're going to "educate" us you could learn how to embed a video.

Dumb post from a Bronco fan......how original.......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think Brandon Marshall is arguably the best WR in all of the NFL right now. Having said that, Eddie Royal is not better than Marques Colston. Also Lance Moore is an emerging star and Devery Henderson is a good "down-the-field" threat. So, to say that the Broncos overall receiving corps is "much better" than the Saints is just plain wrong.

You have no disagreement from this Falcon fan. I think Marshall and Royal are one of the best tandems in the league. As a Hokie, I'm really excited to see Royal doing so well in his first year. I had a feeling he would be good, but not this soon. I expected Royal to focus mainly on returns his first season. Man...has he been a pleasant surprise.

I expect this game will be a real shootout and a very close game.

Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are so good the Clevend Brown almost shut them down and the Chiefs did. HAHAHA

I can't wait till Sunday when the Dirty Birds shut these Denver fans up about some Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal.

they have two players they keep talking about are going to win the game for them.

we have a whole team that's goin win it for us

you guys need to worry about trying to cover roddy white.

.......and at least slowing down The Burner and Jerious.....Should be a field day for our 2 backs........... ;)

Okay, okay..we get it. You have a beast WR, one of the best in the business, and a solid rookie WR. Want a prize? What exactly is your argument? Is your argument that you thought we were arguing they were bad? We don't think we're going to shut them down, because we won't. But our DBs can give Cutler and your receivers problems all day, just like we did with Brees and Co. And don't start comparing your receivers to the Saints. Don't be an idiot. Comparing apples to oranges isn't cool. You have a good QB, good receivers, a good O-line, and a horrific running game. Sorry, but that last one hurts you more than you realize. It makes defending Denver that much easier.

well, in fairness here, the Broncos offensive line is one thousand times better than the Saints - I gotta give Broncos "props" there.
Abraham has been beatin pretty much every NFL Oline. Left and right side. He is one of the best. Trust me.

You might wanna do a little more research on him. It's JOHN ABRAHAM. aka THE PREDATOR. Try Google.

P.S. Google Michael Turner, Matt Ryan, Roddy White and Jerious Norwood too. Then check your defense's stats and get back with us.

1. Covering Brandon Marshall

2. Covering Eddie Royal

I saw some clown on this site say that the "Denver receivers aren't much better than the Saints receivers, they just get thrown at more often." Another thing that i noticed is that you folks LOVE to post stats to prove your points.. but this isn't baseball, folks. Numbers in the NFL lie. You need to see things with your own two eyes..But i don't blame you for not knowing more about other football teams, so here's a helping hand.. educate yourself:

I want you to keep in mind the fact that this video was added prior to this season, and that Marshall is currently only in his third year. He also was inactive for half of his first year. So in doing the math you will find that this video only covers 1.5 seasons worth of highlights

And here's one for Eddie, although it's in college, the guy looks even faster in the pros.

Oh, and even though you might have seen it,

might give you a chuckle...

Look, i'm not saying that having these weapons on offense gaurantees a win or anything close to that. We have way too many problems on defense and kick return coverage to make claims like that. I just want you to see what the numbers aren't going to show you. Marshall and Royal are far superior to Colston and Henderson, Drew Brees is just a very good qb in a good offensive system.

I think we will still show up to find out for sure, you fail!

.......and at least slowing down The Burner and Jerious.....Should be a field day for our 2 backs........... ;)

agreed.

the big question for the broncos is: do you put in the 8 box to try and stop burner and norwood, or do you drop everybody back in coverage to try and cover roddy and jenkins. if you put 8 in the box our passing game can be deadly, and well, i dont even have to go over what would likely happen if you drop everybody back in coverage. the broncos remember what turner did last year. they know what im talking about. ;)

Marshall and Royal are better than Colston and Henderson? Marshall MIGHT be equal to Colston, Coslton arguably has some of the BEST hands in the league and Foxworth and Houston knocked the ball out of them plaenty of times.

As for Royal all he has is some speed and DECENT at best route running. And I will tell you this Devry Henderson hands down is faster than Royal as a matter of fact he is one of the fastest receivers in the league and Foxworth was stride for stride with him. Oh yeah Houston runs a 4.3 40 and thats not too shabby.

Eddie Royal is a ROOKIE dont get over confident. Hes good be he aint great, and he still has a lot to learn.

Your receivers will get their catches I'm sure, how can they not catch the ball when Cutler is gonna end up throwing the bal 40 - 50 times?

All that being said it will be a good game, both teams have highpowered offenses, but I find it hard to beleive the Broncos can come to the dome and win if your defense doesnt show up. This is a "what have you done for me lately" league... ask your defense that question and then tell me how your DEFENSE is going to beat the Falcons at home.

I already asked my defense and they said they are gonna stuff the run, sack jay cutler, and then intercept the ball as it sails through the air.

Maybe before you start coming on here crowing and talking about how you're going to "educate" us you could learn how to embed a video.

Dumb post from a Bronco fan......how original.......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Bronco site that i usually post on automatically embeds videos. Easy target, congrats to you.

Abraham has been beatin pretty much every NFL Oline. Left and right side. He is one of the best. Trust me.

You might wanna do a little more research on him. It's JOHN ABRAHAM. aka THE PREDATOR. Try Google.

P.S. Google Michael Turner, Matt Ryan, Roddy White and Jerious Norwood too. Then check your defense's stats and get back with us.

i'm a falcons fan so I am on your side here - i know Abraham is a beast - i am well aware of his stats........But, do you know that over the last 15 years the Denver Broncos have consistently had one of the better offensive lines?. Its true....

The Bronco site that i usually post on automatically embeds videos. Easy target, congrats to you.

I'm sure they're missing your sparkling wit and devastating insight about now.

If you go back there now we will start our healing process and somehow make it without you.