Texans thinking about giving up on Schaub and draft a QB 1st round

gitwitme

Texans considering drafting a QB first round b/c of Schaub's injury issues, and Sage Rosenfels will prolly walk. They're looking at the success we have had with Ryan and Flacco in Bmore as an example. They don't understand Ryan is special, possibly once in a decade QB.

Here's a link if you're interested

www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6107438.html

that is just stupid. Hey Texans, why dont you draft an OL so you can protect your QB... morons. With that OL, Peyton Manning would look bad.

I agree. I read that they're pretty happy with Duane Brown, but they seriously need to draft on that Oline and Dline, and their secondary is atrocious. If they draft a QB first round that would be a serious waste of an opportunity to upgrade positions of much greater need. But they are in a tough position at QB. They should've traded Rosenfels for draft picks b4 the season, but they thought they were gonna contend for playoffs.

I agree. I read that they're pretty happy with Duane Brown, but they seriously need to draft on that Oline and Dline, and their secondary is atrocious. If they draft a QB first round that would be a serious waste of an opportunity to upgrade positions of much greater need. But they are in a tough position at QB. They should've traded Rosenfels for draft picks b4 the season, but they thought they were gonna contend for playoffs.

real good point. They shold have traded him last year when his value was somewhat high (highest he has seen) and gotten the pics for their o-line. If they draft a QB, i would feel bad for that person. Their career would be ruined because he would get his *** kicked and after he gets cut by the texans in 4 years, noone team will want him.

Now that I think about it, their O-line has SUCKED since they have been in the league. WHY have they not addressed this. Maybe, just maybe David Carr could have been a good QB had he had some protection.

I love their thought process. Our first round QB (David Carr) has become gunshy, let's use high draft picks to trade for a new QB. Our new QB is getting injured too often, let's use our highest pick on a new QB.

Has anybody over there ever asked themselves how David Carr became gunshy? Maybe it's because he takes soooo many hits behind their sift of an OL. Has anybody over there ever asked themselves Matt Schaub is getting injured? Maybe it's because he takes soooo many hits behind their sift of an OL. Naahhhh, couldn't be that, use your first on another QB...

This is an article guys - I don't believe for one second that is the case ...

Oh wait - this is Houston :huh:

Absolutely stupid. Schaub is oft injured because of the protection. He has shown he can be a great QB when he gets some help out there. They need to build a supporting cast around him.

How sad, but you know - this is just media hype - doesn't mean for one second that it's even based in the world of reality.

Texans considering drafting a QB first round b/c of Schaub's injury issues, and Sage Rosenfels will prolly walk. They're looking at the success we have had with Ryan and Flacco in Bmore as an example. They don't understand Ryan is special, possibly once in a decade QB.

Here's a link if you're interested

www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6107438.html

Texans need to be considering drafting for a new offensive line. That's the biggest problem. Nothing is wrong with Schaub. Do the Texans even have a running game??

I think all these teams are in danger of trying to make lightning strike twice. Despite the great success of Ryan and Flacco, the record of first round QB's panning out is not very good at all...

This is something I am very interested in for next year. The NFL is a copycat league, so you know there will probably be at least two franchises next year that open 2009 with QB's they draft this coming April. I think both the Ryan and Flacco situation were both unique, with Ryan being ready to lead from day one and the Ravens having no other options at the time (with Boller's injury and Troy Smith's illness). The fan pressure will be there, and I bet one franchise screws up and ruins a QB.

As for the Texans, Schaub has been good but the injury-proneness has to be a concern. Although you can't blame the latest incident on him, Jared Allen was leg-diving the other week and I am surprised he didn't draw a suspension to go with that 50K fine. If the Texans decide to go another way, one factor that could contribute is Schaub's terrible track record in 3 games against Tennessee, including 2 in 2007 that he was knocked out of.