The END ALL, SAY ALL of Keith BROOKING

Ok. I have been reading these BROOKING post/threads. I think that everyone makes good arguments about BROOKING. I also think that Smith and Dimitroff didn't get the team to where they are now with a lack of talent perception.

SO HERE'S THE POINT....

Before everyone gets huffy and puffy about BROOKING, consider that they feel he is the best fit right now for there scheme, for what ever reason. More than likely the reason being his leadership, and he provides a signaficant amount of HEART out there on the field. One thing that havn't seen anyone question is his HEART for the game.

So, even though I can agree that he's not the once great linebacker as for as stats are concerned, I BELIEVE THAT WE SHOULD ENJOY WHAT MAY BE HIS LAST YEAR AS A FALCON, AND CHERISH IT. We are not guranteed that next year he will still be one, or that we won't see him in another jersey before he retires. (e.i. Brett Favre, imagine how diehard Favre/Packer fans feel).

That's my 2 cents. ENJOY him. Gather up all the memories you can of him on the field now.

I personally will always remember the old dirty bird jerseys and the blood running out of his nose cut. Also how involved he has been with the Atlanta community.

Mark my words, when he is gone. All of you screaming cut him, will miss him, and won't be so bothered about his current stat production.

I will admit to saying that myself that he has busted a few plays this year, but everone bust plays at times. You can see the look in his eyes, he knows he near the end. Let's be true Falcons fans and stand behind him till the end.

GO BROOKING!!!!

Fairweather Brooking fans need NOT reply.

img5705198-1.jpg

s_brooking_i.jpg

brooking1-1.jpg

TennesseeTitansvAtlantaFalcons35-1.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you but also I agree to a point with the naysayers. I hope Brooking stays a Falcon until he retires, he is signed through the end of next season and yes I can see where he is slowing with time in the NFL (11 seasons) and I can see us using that time to bring in or try to develope someone already on the roster within that timeframe to work him into Brooking's position. That would be alot better than throwing a guy in there and then realizing he isn't making the cut. By rotating him out w/Brooking the newcomer gets experience and the coaching staff has a reliable player just in case anything goes wrong or doesn't work out. If nothing else Brooking is consistent and has not missed a game from the opening kick-off 2001 until now - 116 straight games including play-offs. He has also been either 1st or 2nd in solo tackles for the team each of those years as well. If nothing more he has been stable on a team that has been far from it.

Yes I like Brooking and hopes he finishes out his career here. Yes I do feel he has slipped a step and now would be the perfect time to groom a succesor.

Ok. I have been reading these BROOKING post/threads. I think that everyone makes good arguments about BROOKING. I also think that Smith and Dimitroff didn't get the team to where they are now with a lack of talent perception.

SO HERE'S THE POINT....

Before everyone gets huffy and puffy about BROOKING, consider that they feel he is the best fit right now for there scheme, for what ever reason. More than likely the reason being his leadership, and he provides a signaficant amount of HEART out there on the field. One thing that havn't seen anyone question is his HEART for the game.

So, even though I can agree that he's not the once great linebacker as for as stats are concerned, I BELIEVE THAT WE SHOULD ENJOY WHAT MAY BE HIS LAST YEAR AS A FALCON, AND CHERISH IT. We are not guranteed that next year he will still be one, or that we won't see him in another jersey before he retires. (e.i. Brett Favre, imagine how diehard Favre/Packer fans feel).

That's my 2 cents. ENJOY him. Gather up all the memories you can of him on the field now.

I personally will always remember the old dirty bird jerseys and the blood running out of his nose cut. Also how involved he has been with the Atlanta community.

Mark my words, when he is gone. All of you screaming cut him, will miss him, and won't be so bothered about his current stat production.

I will admit to saying that myself that he has busted a few plays this year, but everone bust plays at times. You can see the look in his eyes, he knows he near the end. Let's be true Falcons fans and stand behind him till the end.

GO BROOKING!!!!

nicely said and I agree.

I agree with you but also I agree to a point with the naysayers. I hope Brooking stays a Falcon until he retires, he is signed through the end of next season and yes I can see where he is slowing with time in the NFL (11 seasons) and I can see us using that time to bring in or try to develope someone already on the roster within that timeframe to work him into Brooking's position. That would be alot better than throwing a guy in there and then realizing he isn't making the cut. By rotating him out w/Brooking the newcomer gets experience and the coaching staff has a reliable player just in case anything goes wrong or doesn't work out. If nothing else Brooking is consistent and has not missed a game from the opening kick-off 2001 until now - 116 straight games including play-offs. He has also been either 1st or 2nd in solo tackles for the team each of those years as well. If nothing more he has been stable on a team that has been far from it.

Yes I like Brooking and hopes he finishes out his career here. Yes I do feel he has slipped a step and now would be the perfect time to groom a succesor.

Sure. We need to Groom a succesor. I don't think you would find a single one of us, including Gazoo, that would disagree. That doesn't make him a liability however. Which is what they are trying to argue, which is also why they are wrong.

SO HERE'S THE POINT....

GO BROOKING!!!!

Fairweather Brooking fans need NOT reply.

img5705198-1.jpg

s_brooking_i.jpg

brooking1-1.jpg

TennesseeTitansvAtlantaFalcons35-1.jpg

I'll second that notion...I've been a Brooking fan for years and while I hate to admit it his time is nearingan end. He has lost a few steps in his game but that's happens after 11 years.

I hope he spends the next year and a half as a Falcon and then retires at the end of his contract. I would love to see him retire a Falcon...the man has been a leader/warrior for this team no matter what they have gone through. Hopefully he can begin to step into a mentor type roll and help mold his replacement to give even half of what he has given this team.

So you would be ok with us playing Nicholas more, in situations, to see if he's the potential future? I do think we should start involving him more.

I agree

Noe everbody loves Lofton but nobody wants to give Brook

any credit for bringing this kid along.

Brook is the Leader and Mentor of our LB Corp.

When Brook decides to Retire I say we throw him one **** of a Party.

But until that day comes I will cheer for Brooking just as loud and hard as I can.

Thanks for the Post

So you would be ok with us playing Nicholas more, in situations, to see if he's the potential future? I do think we should start involving him more.

IN situations late in a game where we are leading by a good bit? Sure. Try him out. . however its also entirely possible that the Coaching staff has allready come to the conclusion that he is NOT it.

Sure. We need to Groom a succesor. I don't think you would find a single one of us, including Gazoo, that would disagree. That doesn't make him a liability however. Which is what they are trying to argue, which is also why they are wrong.

Oh I have been arguing the fact that he hasn't been a liability - anything but - but also to a point and can see where the naysayers are coming from - it seems like they don't understand that you can just replace a player and everything is going to work perfectly - heck our team is a living history that you can't do that - 1 player would go down and the season literally was shot. (1999,2000,2003) Brooking has been the most stable fixture on this team through 4 Head Coaches - 2 Owners - QB Merry-Go-Round and he has not missed one game during all that time.

Only team I know that can just replace players at will and still win is New England and I scratch my head bald trying to figure how just how the heck they do it. :huh:

Oh I have been arguing the fact that he hasn't been a liability - anything but - but also to a point and can see where the naysayers are coming from - it seems like they don't understand that you can just replace a player and everything is going to work perfectly - heck our team is a living history that you can't do that - 1 player would go down and the season literally was shot. (1999,2000,2003) Brooking has been the most stable fixture on this team through 4 Head Coaches - 2 Owners - QB Merry-Go-Round and he has not missed one game during all that time.

Only team I know that can just replace players at will and still win is New England and I scratch my head bald trying to figure how just how the heck they do it. :huh:

:D

Perhaps after Dimitroff has had the reins for a while.

I rather start now than wait until we have no choice if something goes wrong and have to play with the hand we are dealt. Heck I would hate to say this as it may get me lynched -- rotating Brooking on plays may even extend his NFL career by a couple of more years. :o

Now I better hide before all the Anti-Brooks come after me. :P

I rather start now than wait until we have no choice if something goes wrong and have to play with the hand we are dealt. Heck I would hate to say this as it may get me lynched -- rotating Brooking on plays may even extend his NFL career by a couple of more years. :o

Now I better hide before all the Anti-Brooks come after me. :P

Or before the Gazoo Pod People take away your identity.

:ph34r:

I agree that Brooking is our best option at WLB. I also trust our GM and our HC more than I trust my own judgement. BUT, I disagree with you regarding everything else you said. As a fan, it is my right to complain about players. I complained about Jennings all last season when he was faircatching everything. I gave him a shot this season and started complaining after he didn't perform again. I will continue to complain about players that I think are holding us back. Brooking is not one of those players for me, but he is for some others which makes for a good debate.

What's the point of having a messageboard if everybody just agrees with everything?

I agree that Brooking is our best option at WLB. I also trust our GM and our HC more than I trust my own judgement. BUT, I disagree with you regarding everything else you said. As a fan, it is my right to complain about players. I complained about Jennings all last season when he was faircatching everything. I gave him a shot this season and started complaining after he didn't perform again. I will continue to complain about players that I think are holding us back. Brooking is not one of those players for me, but he is for some others which makes for a good debate.

What's the point of having a messageboard if everybody just agrees with everything?

DIsagreeing and putting up posts saying "How bad is Brooking?", and trying to slam every aspect on or off the field five ways past Sunday are completely different animals. Spamming the board with "I hate Brooking' threads is a different animal from simple disagreement.