Crow tastes good

Hard Knock

I was one of the guys pushing D-line during the draft wanting Dorsey or Long and not Matt Ryan. What a player this guy is becoming. I have been off the boards for a while. Sorry if this has been posted a lot. I just wanted to say crow taste good. I watched the game in a sports bar in Houston It was great.

GO FALCONS

I was one of the guys pushing D-line during the draft wanting Dorsey or Long and not Matt Ryan. What a player this guy is becoming. I have been off the boards for a while. Sorry if this has been posted a lot. I just wanted to say crow taste good. I watched the game in a sports bar in Houston It was great.

GO FALCONS

Yeah, its tough to play arm chair owner, good thing for us, the Falcons have a owner dedicated to winning..........Unlike the Smith family

R.I.P.

Actually, what was going to happen was if we took Dorsey 1st then were grabbing Brohm later on.

Thankfully, that never happened.

it was actually henne. dimitroff came out and said they were looking at either dorsey and henne or ryan. i for one was hoping for the dorsey brohm/henne before the draft.

i'll eat my crow and the way things are going right now, this is the best testing crow i've ever had to eat.

Dont forget about one thing....a lot to do with the way he is playing is on the coaching staff....and how Mularkey has eased him into the system, slowly giving him more and more each week......so in my opinion its just as much on the coaching staff as matt ryan for his success...thats my piece on it.

Well before the Draft, I kept reading up on Ryan.

Keeping objective in my thinking, I also looked at the the

Defensive Draft prospects.

Now considering Redman, The Shaubby Trade, and YKW.

The thought in mind that would never go away was,,

How do Not Draft Ryan, even considering the 3 year curve for an NFL QB.

After watching a few interviews of Ryan I just prayed that we would win that coin toss.

When the Rams picked Long I let out a huge sigh of Relief.

Can I get an Amen Brothers and Sisters!

Cheers

What I love about this is how much things have changed since the draft.

How many experts (yes... debatable, but they get paid for their opinion on the NFL and I don't) came out and said that Ryan would have been drafted in the bottom of the 1st if he had been in the draft with Manning and Roethlisberger? While a lot of people thought Ryan would be a good QB, a lot of them also thought he wasn't deserving of being picked that high.

I've got no answers. I'm just a fan. An INT prone guy from the ACC just didn't seem like a can't miss prospect (yeah, I know, no such thing). Dorsey seemed as close to a can't miss thing, but what the **** do I know?

Yeah, I know the mantra is to Trust. Yeah, Dimitroff has the job because he's the expert, he knows more than we do, more than the "experts" do. Dimitroff has earned the right not to be questioned any more.

But you know who else had that job? McKay. McKay (seemingly) did his first year as well. Remember when Lavalais was the steal of the draft? Yeah, thought you might. The Mora hire looked like genius too.

I'm not trying to say Dimitroff will be a McKay, far from it. He's drafting football guys, McKay drafted people with "flashes," and ended up wiffing trying to steal a home run time after time. No comparison.

But to sit here and say that everyone should have had had explicit trust in Dimitroff, some fresh faced guy without executive experience, who hired some no-name guy who had never been a head coach, is crazy.

To expect the guy to step up to the plate and hit home run after home run (yeah, we'll see in a couple of years, but enjoy it now!) was too much considering the history of this franchise, especially its recent history.

GO FALCONS

I'm with you... I will gladly admit that I was wrong about Matt. He is proven to be everything that TD thought and more... This was supposed to be a 3 year process for Matt and the team to start having a real shot at the playoffs and know we are in the hunt... Simply amazing...