Dawgs to sign 2 Basketball recruits for early signing day.

SacFalcFan

I don't think there's any way Favors comes to UGA. If I'm the #1 basketball player in the nation and planning on a "one and done" I wanna go somewhere that I can get really good national exposure to boost my NBA draft stock. Athens wouldn't exactly be at the top of my list, ya know?

I don't think there's any way Favors comes to UGA. If I'm the #1 basketball player in the nation and planning on a "one and done" I wanna go somewhere that I can get really good national exposure to boost my NBA draft stock. Athens wouldn't exactly be at the top of my list, ya know?

nor would GT for that matter. He wants to stay in state.

Alabama commits who will be signing early:

SF Tony Mitchell (4 star) -- signed in '08 class but delayed entry due to academics. Best overall player in this signing class.

C Shawn Kemp, Jr. (4 star) -- great bloodlines. Raw prospect at this stage but best basketball is ahead of him.

SG Charvez Davis (3 star) -- athletic JUCO two guard who should be able to contribute. Good defender.

PG Cully Payne (3 star) -- great ballhandler, ideal point guard. Very smart kid who can can score and distribute the basketball.

SF Chris Hines (3 star) -- 6'8 225 JUCO wing player who plays very physical. Can score in the post and from the outside.

glad that not every player thinks your way.. i think you are wrong and we are in it for favors.. it's between uga and gt right now.. you have a very negative view of pretty much anything uga.. you know uf wasn't close to the program now that they were even 5 years ago..

glad that not every player thinks your way.. i think you are wrong and we are in it for favors.. it's between uga and gt right now.. you have a very negative view of pretty much anything uga.. you know uf wasn't close to the program now that they were even 5 years ago..

Beasely chose Kansas State. Mayo chose USC. Neither school is near the top of the College Basketball world.

Beasely chose Kansas State. Mayo chose USC. Neither school is near the top of the College Basketball world.

bingo that's why his comments are dead wrong.. sometimes i think fans need to quit being negative about their schools.. it's a bit ridiculous.. with that type of attitude florida would never be where they are today.. unc wouldn't be on the edge of winning the acc possibly..

bingo that's why his comments are dead wrong.. sometimes i think fans need to quit being negative about their schools.. it's a bit ridiculous.. with that type of attitude florida would never be where they are today.. unc wouldn't be on the edge of winning the acc possibly..

You mean UNC in football? Yeah i agree. There are more important things to these kids than just going to a high profile school and jumping pro. Yes the top notch schools like UNC can just offer and get commits but i'd say a majority of one and dones go to mid range schools

You obviously haven't heard of the names Marbury, Bosh, or Thaddeus Young. Stick to GT football, you seem a lot more intelligent on that subject.

I meant during the season. You've made no title runs or anything since. Bosh is the only one to make a splash in the NBA recently. Young has been doing great this year though. Marbury was over 10 years ago. I wouldn't count on them to make a decision based on that. It wasn't a knock at GT as they DO have a great program but if you are talking top flight programs they don't compare to the Duke, UNC, and UConns of the world. My point was more that if his idea was to go to a school where he'd get the most attention he probably wouldn't go to GT.

I meant during the season. You've made no title runs or anything since. Bosh is the only one to make a splash in the NBA recently. Young has been doing great this year though. Marbury was over 10 years ago. I wouldn't count on them to make a decision based on that. It wasn't a knock at GT as they DO have a great program but if you are talking top flight programs they don't compare to the Duke, UNC, and UConns of the world. My point was more that if his idea was to go to a school where he'd get the most attention he probably wouldn't go to GT.

you are correct there...

Actually sir at the begining of the 02-03 season we were ranked #7 in the preseason as compared to #19 this year! :P

Guys, guys guys come on now.. Georgia Tech is a highly thought of basketball program. I am talking all the way back to Dennis Scott, Kenny Anderson, Marbury, Travis Best, Matt Harpring, the Berry brothers.. (I knew all those guys personally). Now talk more recent talent like Crittenton, Jack, Bosh, Thaddeus Young.. Thats tradition bro. I understand that some seasons we have been bad like last year, but thats going to happen when guys like JC and Thaddeus go 1 and done.

Paul Hewitt is highly respected and a heck of a recruiter. Far superior to that of Dennis Felton. Look at the in state players that are going to Tech this year. Ga. Tech has the #7 class right now even without Favors. Georgia isnt even listed in the top 25. UGA football is historically better than Ga. Tech football, while Tech basketball is more of a rich tradition. Lets dont start putting UGA on Tech's level just yet ladies. Its honestly not even close.

You're wrong again. Just four years ago we were in the NCAA championship game, we lost by 9 to a loaded UConn team. And Favors is more likely deciding on how he fits into the roster at the school along with how he likes the coach. UNC has a bevy of forwards as does Duke with the Henderson kid who still has a year left. Why do you think he had NC State on his short list of choices instead of UNC? He'd get the same amount of exposure anywhere in the ACC. And if you think that former star players who played at a certain school doesn't affect where high school athletes go, you're missing one of the biggest factors in recruiting.

And since you stated Bosh and Marbury were so long ago, you've got Jarrett Jack and Javaris Crittenton as two more recent players. GT is known as PG U for a reason.

Clemson early signings

Milton Jennings (5 star power forward): #4 Power Forward, #12 Overall. Highest rated Clemson recruit in ages. Best basketball prospect from South Carolina since Raymond Felton. Great shooter for a big man.

Devin Booker (3 star power forward): Current Clemson player Trevor Booker's brother, plays much like Trevor.

Donte Hill (3 star guard): Wing player, excellent defender with size for a guard.

I actually think that's not the case. There's no doubt that at UGA he'd step on the court and be "The Man". Try doing that at Duke, UNC, etc. You'll be sharing the spotlight with 6-7 other guys just as highly rated as you are. Why not go someplace where someone is going to showcase you and make you the focal point of a team?