Jennings Released

jmike811

Hot off the presses... Putting it on the site now.

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Atlanta Falcons today released wide receiver Adam Jennings, signed defensive end Brandon Miller from the practice squad to the active roster and signed wide receiver Chandler Williams to the practice squad.

Jennings was selected by the Falcons in the sixth round (184th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft. The Fresno State graduate totaled six receptions for 62 yards and one touchdown in 38 games while contributing with 53 punt returns.

Miller, 6-4, 259 pounds, was signed by Atlanta as a rookie free agent on April 28, 2008. Following training camp, he was signed to the Falcons practice squad where he spent the first nine games of the season. Miller is a graduate of the University of Georgia and totaled 73 tackles in his Bulldog career.

Williams, 5-11, 178 pounds, returns to the Falcons after being waived by Atlanta at the end of training camp. He was originally selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the seventh round (233rd overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft and spent his rookie season on the Miami Dolphins practice squad.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I probably made more fun of Jennings than any poster here in the gameday thread when he'd pull one of his shenanigans or when I was just annoyed at the game in general (hey, I'm not above making fun of an easy target ;)). That said I can't bring myself to be "thrilled" at his departure if for no other reason than I don't want to see any man out of a job. So I wish him all the best in finding another position somewhere but honestly feel like it was way past time for him to move on from Atlanta.

Hot off the presses... Putting it on the site now.

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Atlanta Falcons today released wide receiver Adam Jennings, signed defensive end Brandon Miller from the practice squad to the active roster and signed wide receiver Chandler Williams to the practice squad.

Jennings was selected by the Falcons in the sixth round (184th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft. The Fresno State graduate totaled six receptions for 62 yards and one touchdown in 38 games while contributing with 53 punt returns.

Miller, 6-4, 259 pounds, was signed by Atlanta as a rookie free agent on April 28, 2008. Following training camp, he was signed to the Falcons practice squad where he spent the first nine games of the season. Miller is a graduate of the University of Georgia and totaled 73 tackles in his Bulldog career.

Williams, 5-11, 178 pounds, returns to the Falcons after being waived by Atlanta at the end of training camp. He was originally selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the seventh round (233rd overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft and spent his rookie season on the Miami Dolphins practice squad.

What the heck to so long? I have been waiting for his release since last year. But finallay!!!