matt ryan slightly better than jake delhomme

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and after Jake plays Detroit while Ryan tries to figure out Champ, I don't expect these stats to remain very similar.

BTW, the only stat that matters: Jake Delhomme has lost two games, and Ryan has lost 3...one of which was to Jake.

Dude. Have you looked at Denver's pass defense lately?

Let me give you a hint. Its only marginally better than Detroits.

Dude. Have you looked at Denver's pass defense lately?

Let me give you a hint. Its only marginally better than Detroits.

Jesus...you're not kidding. Highest percentage in the league.

I still see Smith being angry about a one catch, nine yard performance and putting up something completely ridiculous on that turf field. 300-ish for Jake, probably two or three touchdowns, maybe one pick, probably not even that. We don't see Jake have two bad games in a row, and certainly not after a game as horrific as the Oakland win.

...and after Jake plays Detroit while Ryan tries to figure out Champ, I don't expect these stats to remain very similar.

BTW, the only stat that matters: Jake Delhomme has lost two games, and Ryan has lost 3...one of which was to Jake.

Gawd!

I completely understand being a homer, but are you seriously proposing that Jake Delhomme is better than Matt Ryan?

I'm not even talking about down the road. I'm talking about now......

Keep drinking that Pantie Kool-Aid........................ <_<

Let's see how they stack up in a couple of weeks.

i hear you, just win, but man, a performance like that has to concern you. You guys had two weeks to get ready for the raiders and that's what you come up with?

Schemes can only do so much. Maybe it was cutting Hall, maybe it was getting shut out at home, maybe it was them not selling out for the first time in years. Maybe we were rusty from the bye, perhaps we didn't take them seriously, but DAYUM, I've never seen the Panthers more flat, and it's been a while since Oakland was that fired up. I'm calling it a fluke until I see evidence to the contrary--and I don't expect there to be any.

Schemes can only do so much. Maybe it was cutting Hall, maybe it was getting shut out at home, maybe it was them not selling out for the first time in years. Maybe we were rusty from the bye, perhaps we didn't take them seriously, but DAYUM, I've never seen the Panthers more flat, and it's been a while since Oakland was that fired up. I'm calling it a fluke until I see evidence to the contrary--and I don't expect there to be any.

in a 16 game schedule it's bound to happen once or twice. you guys caught a break that it didn't happen against a NFL team.

Gawd!

I completely understand being a homer, but are you seriously proposing that Jake Delhomme is better than Matt Ryan?

I'm not even talking about down the road. I'm talking about now......

Keep drinking that Pantie Kool-Aid........................ <_<

Let's see how they stack up in a couple of weeks.

I'm glad that your fanbase is excited that Ryan's turning out to be a good quarterback and all, but some of you need to chill out. What you're asking me is, for this season, would I trade Matt Ryan straight up for Jake Delhomme? No. If I dropped Matt Ryan into that Super Bowl in 2003, does he put up 323 and 3, with no picks? Does he lead that last minute drive and hit Ricky Proehl in the endzone to put us up? No. Do we even get there? Does Ryan win us all the overtime games? Does he lead the fourth quarter comebacks? Do we win the game in San Diego with him this year, running, pumping, and finally hitting a backup tight end in the back of the endzone with two defenders on him? If he throws 4 picks in a game, do I need to worry about his team quitting on him?

Jake has answered these questions. Jake has led us deep into the playoffs twice. Jake wins. The team plays for him and the coaches love him. The fans adore him. There are a lot of quarterbacks in the league who put up great stats and don't produce the same way in pressure situations (McNabb).

I understand the connection you have with Ryan, but he's not as proven as Jake. Maybe the clutch factor is there, and from what I've seen in college, it probably is. But as of right now, I'm taking Jake every time.

I'm glad that your fanbase is excited that Ryan's turning out to be a good quarterback and all, but some of you need to chill out. What you're asking me is, for this season, would I trade Matt Ryan straight up for Jake Delhomme? No. If I dropped Matt Ryan into that Super Bowl in 2003, does he put up 323 and 3, with no picks? Does he lead that last minute drive and hit Ricky Proehl in the endzone to put us up? No. Do we even get there? Does Ryan win us all the overtime games? Does he lead the fourth quarter comebacks? Do we win the game in San Diego with him this year, running, pumping, and finally hitting a backup tight end in the back of the endzone with two defenders on him? If he throws 4 picks in a game, do I need to worry about his team quitting on him?

Jake has answered these questions. Jake has led us deep into the playoffs twice. Jake wins. The team plays for him and the coaches love him. The fans adore him. There are a lot of quarterbacks in the league who put up great stats and don't produce the same way in pressure situations (McNabb).

I understand the connection you have with Ryan, but he's not as proven as Jake. Maybe the clutch factor is there, and from what I've seen in college, it probably is. But as of right now, I'm taking Jake every time.

Well, I admire your dedication, and granted you have seen more of Delhomme than I have.....but Ryan is already something special and is only going to improve.

Would I take Delhomme straight up for Ryan right now? ****-Naw!.........

Wow, I'm glad that you were comparing some stats there. Saying the "Rookie" Matt Ryan is "Slightly" better than Delhomme is like saying Cheesecake is slightly better than dirt or that Jessica Alba is "Slightly" better than "Amy Winehouse" or winning the lottery is "Slightly" better than going to the dentist or that Peyton Manning is "Slightly" better than Ryan Leaf or the Ritz Carlton is just "Slightly" better than jail or The Supernanny is just "Slightly" a better babystitter than Michael Jackson or Gazoo is just "Slightly" better than Jedi Falcon. Anyways you get my point. I hope.

if we are talking about this season then why are you bringing up 2003?

btw, mcnabb has done alot more then delhomme has.

Just win, baby.

So, if your motto is "Just WIn, Baby", then why bring up 2003? I seem to recall the Panthers losing. So, by your own logic, everything that Jake did in the Super Bowl doesn't mean jack $h*t since you lost. But I guess you just want to have it both ways.

I know it's early, and we may eventually have egg on our face, but I'll take THIS Matt Ryan against ANY Jake Delhomme - now or 2003.