IS IT ME OR COULD BOLEY HAVE STOPPED DUECE ON THAT SWEEP

ATLballer

Ive notice a trend in football, not a lot of players wrap up any more..Now its just trying to hit them out of bounds or knock them off their feet..Are they doing this so they wont get hurt?

Watch the game again if you still have it..On the touchdown by duece, boley had a clear shot to stop the touchdown but all he did was try to knock him off his feet..Im sure they probably would still have scored since they would have gotten the first down on that play..but I cant help but notice that Boley didnt try and wrap up on that play...

If you dont remember please watch it .....I know im nick picking and the Falcons still won but that type of tackling can cost us a game one day..

I've been complaining about that play since it happened. While Boley is one of my favorite players, plays like that are inexcusable. It didn't look like Boley even tried. And you're right that the Saints probably score anyways, but remember...at that point in the game we were just trying to make things harder for them and eat the clock. If Boley makes that play, Brees never has time at the end to throw that hail mary. So, it ultimatley costed us 2 touchdowns!

i was wondering who that was. if that was actually boley, he needs to be benched. lbs need to be physical.

He was being physical, he wasn't using his fundamentals though.

EDIT: Even though I think Smith may possibly let teams score when either we've blown them out or no way we can win, so that it makes our stats look worse even though the defense played well. JK

It definitely was Boley. When I saw it, and rewinded it several times, it was clear that if he had wrapped on the tackle, Deuce would not have scored. I was like, wtf would you just hit the guy on the shoulder like that, you're going to stop anyone with a hit like that!

It definitely was Boley. When I saw it, and rewinded it several times, it was clear that if he had wrapped on the tackle, Deuce would not have scored. I was like, wtf would you just hit the guy on the shoulder like that, you're going to stop anyone with a hit like that!

I didn't bring this up because I thought it was some DB, but if that's a LB, you know, he needs to either step it up or get benched.

THAT WAS BOLEY!!!!! Dang boy, you should know you can't knock Duece down like that!!!! I hope Smith chewed his butt long and deep for that play. For a LB that was totally uncalled for. If he was going after a WR maybe he could have done it that way and got a tackle and highlight reel, but for a Power Running Back, you have to hit, stick and wrap up, to have a chance of taking him down. I thought it was a DB doing that, and I was still like "At least hit the legs man," but sheesh, to find out it was Boley really disappoints me.

I thought that was pretty weak. I couldn't make out who the player was at the time but it looked like he just gave him a light kiss on the cheek. Boley had a clear shot. If he only tried to wrap him up or grab him, Deuce would have been slowed down enough for the help to arrive. I'm sure he heard about it in film review. The key is that Falcons won. IT didn't cost them the game. It was a learning experience.

wow.... im perplexed at the head way our fanbase is making. thats how you take down a guy like duece. its the same approach your gonna take when trying to tackle Brandon Jacobs. Duece is easily 230+. you gotta chop him down if your a guy like Boley. maybe if your Ray Lewis you can make a sound tackle, but i bet Duece weighs just as much as Boley does.