3rd round draft pick Domonique Foxworth tidbits I found researching him

gazoo

Domonique Foxworth

Yet another awesome addition by the front office. The Falcons only gave up a 7th round draft pick for Foxworth, if he signs extension in 2009 it moves to a 6th round draft pick

Was originally picked in 3rd round of 2005 NFL draft , selection #97 by Denver

Was stuck behind stars Champ Bailey and Dre Bly while n Denver

***Foxworth was one of the players who took the January 2007 death of teammate Darrent Williams particularly hard, and the simple reality could be that Foxworth needed to move on before he truly could move on.***

Coach Mike Smith said he's the fastest CB we have (he;s also the tallest)

Len Pasquirelli said he was a solid cover corner that was much tougher than his weight would indicate.

Pat Kirwin said he was one of the more explosive players in the 2005 draft

Domonique Foxworth was listed as a 2005 sleeper on 2 draft sites

SCOUTING COMBINE NUMBERS

5'11 1/8 " height

184lbs

4.46 4 yard dash

41" vertical jump (indicates good explosiveness)

10.5 Broad Jump

14 bench presses

BRONCOS MESSAGE BOARD- :lol:

Domonique Foxworth - 3 pass deflections against NO last Sunday.

Champ Bailey - 3 pass deflections all season.

Dre Bly - 4 pass deflections all season.

.Poster said ...."I can't believe we just 'gave' him to them."

CLEVELAND BROWNS BULLETIN

Domonique Foxworth, Denver Broncos: The most likely trade candidate, after Youboty, is gearing up to be Foxworth. He is an experienced nickel back who plays well in man-to-man coverage. He has great recovery speed, though he isn't the most physical corner. The Broncos have listened to offers for him this offseason, so he could be had.

Foxworth fits with Falcons

Broncos get conditional seventh-rounder for cornerback stuck behind Bailey, Bly

By Lindsay H. Jones

The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 09/03/2008 12:58:42 AM MDT

Domonique Foxworth (Getty Images file photo)Less than 36 hours after he was sent home from Broncos headquarters, cornerback Domonique Foxworth was settled into an Atlanta hotel room Tuesday night and starting to learn the Falcons' playbook.

The Broncos on Tuesday finalized a trade that sent Foxworth to the Falcons for a conditional seventh-round draft pick in 2009.

Foxworth flew to Atlanta on Tuesday morning and met with his new coaches and Falcons executives in the afternoon. He expects to play on special teams and possibly on defense Sunday in the Falcons' season opener against Detroit and hopes to earn a starting job soon.

"They all seemed very excited about having me there," Foxworth said of his initial meeting with the Falcons' staff. "They felt they got a really

Foxworth said he didn't ask for, nor was he given, an explanation from the Broncos on the decision to trade him.

"I just wanted to get out from behind Champ Bailey and Dre Bly, so I got out of there before they had a chance to change their mind," Foxworth said.

He said Atlanta and Kansas City were the teams most interested in him, and his preference was Atlanta because of the Falcons' need for an experienced cornerback. The top two players at the position, Chris Houston and Brent Grimes, are in their second year.

and get a 5th from oakland (gonna be a high pick :D) from hall

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The TOP pick in round 5, which will be just like a low 4th rounder! Boy oh boy did the Raiders make a monumental mistake. To think some here wanted to make that same mistake and flamed the Falcons front office for not making it!

yeah......Foxworth likes it here and we should be able to resign him. We got rid of the toxic waste in the locker room this team is like a family from what te vets are saying.

i watched him a couple of times in denver and was happy when we aquired him. i posted a highlight reel of him on here for everybody to watch a while back. i think he can be a long term starter for us at corner. he's also a great guy off the field and he brought a lot of knowledge and exp. from denver.

im also pretty sure he's wearing #24 here to pay homage to champ bailey and because chevis had his #22.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: The TOP pick in round 5, which will be just like a low 4th rounder! Boy oh boy did the Raiders make a monumental mistake. To think some here wanted to make that same mistake and flamed the Falcons front office for not making it! yeah......Foxworth likes it here and we should be able to resign him. We got rid of the toxic waste in the locker room this team is like a family from what te vets are saying.

And that's huge!

610x.jpg

And that's huge!

610x.jpg

John Abraham said he didn;t mean any disrespect to thise we let go, but that the front office cut tioes with some that weren't all about team and all about winning. Abraham said the locker room is much more like a family, a real tight group that all got along. He said they are winning becuase everyone is on the same page and that it is really awesome to be part of.

John Abraham said he didn;t mean any disrespect to thise we let go, but that the front office cut tioes with some that weren't all about team and all about winning. Abraham said the locker room is much more like a family, a real tight group that all got along. He said they are winning becuase everyone is on the same page and that it is really awesome to be part of.

That was our number one problem and TD addressed it. I am so happy about that.

And I have to give three guys credit for manning up this season; Houston, Jenkins and White.

Now, having said that, I love the swagger we had last week. But it concerns me because if some players get too out of control drawing attention to themselves, we could find ourselves right back in the same toxic boat. And with all of our success as a team this year, I would really, really hate to see that happen. It would just be a shame.

Foxy ran a 4.3 40

40 Yrd Dash: 4.34

20 Yrd Dash: 2.56

10 Yrd Dash: 1.48

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 14

Vertical Jump: 41

Broad Jump: 10'05"

20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.89

3-Cone Drill: 6.78

I also find this

Link

40-Yard Dash Times

4.24 - Rondel Melendez, (WR), Eastern Kentucky - 1999

4.28 - Jerome Mathis, (WR), Hampton - 2005

4.28 - *Champ Bailey, (CB), Georgia - 1999

4.29 - Stanford Routt, (CB), Houston - 2005

4.29 - Jay Hinton, (RB), Morgan State - 1999

4.29 - *Fabian Washington, (CB), Nebraska - 2005

4.30 - Yamon Figurs (WR), Kansas State - 2007

4.30 - Darrent Williams, (CB), Oklahoma State - 2005

4.31 - *Johnathan Joseph, (CB), South Carolina - 2006

4.31 - Aaron Lockett, (WR), Kansas State - 2002

4.31 - Santana Moss, (WR), Miami - 2001

4.32 - *Troy Williamson, (WR), South Carolina - 2005

4.32 - *Chad Jackson, (WR), Florida - 2006

4.32 - Jason Hill (WR), Washington State - 2007

4.32 - Tim Jennings, (CB), Georgia - 2006

4.32 - Chris McKenzie, (CB), Arizona State - 2005

4.32 - Tim Carter, (WR), Auburn - 2002

4.32 - Kevin Garrett, (CB), Southern Methodist - 2003

4.32 - Antwan Harris, (CB), Virginia - 2000

4.33 - Carlos Francis, (WR), Texas Tech - 2004

4.33 - Karsten Bailey, (WR), Auburn - 1999

4.33 - Chris Chambers, (WR), Wisconsin - 2001

4.34 - *Ahmad Carroll, (CB), Arkansas - 2004

4.34 - Domonique Foxworth, (CB), Maryland - 2005

4.34 - Tyrone Calico, (WR), Middle Tennessee State - 2003

That was our number one problem and TD addressed it. I am so happy about that.

And I have to give three guys credit for manning up this season; Houston, Jenkins and White.

Now, having said that, I love the swagger we had last week. But it concerns me because if some players get too out of control drawing attention to themselves, we could find ourselves right back in the same toxic boat. And with all of our success as a team this year, I would really, really hate to see that happen. It would just be a shame.

:huh: What are you talking about? :huh: Oh, the high step by Jerious Norwood or the high step by Jackson? Man!!! come on are you serious?!?! Or maybe the dance by Houston? Let them play the game and as long as it doesn't hurt the team let them play. It's like me telling you how to cheer for the team and when to sit in your seat after you just bought a ticket to go to the game. You should be able to do what you want as long as you don't get in trouble and cause harm to the other fans.

Let them play the game

he is not the fastes db that we have, 4.46 is nothin compared to houston 4.31, big difference, he is the second fastest now that jimmy williams is gone

well...there seems to be some question on these 40 yard times. Granted, at the combine they run more than once.....so sometimes you'll see 2 different numers floating around.

he 4.46 40 stat I got said it was combine number, the 4.34 40 floating around I cannot verify even after clicking on the lonk provided. It's a little unclear to me.