A question about "holds"

ltstorm1

Yes. I made a thread about it during the game. There were plenty of holding calls missed. That is why we only had 1 sack. I remember a play also where Babs (I think it was Babs) beat Lehr off the snap of the ball and had Brees dead to rights and then Lehr pushed him right in the back and allowed Brees to get away from Babs. I came up out of my chair yelling for a penalty and it never got called.

Is it me, or did the Ref's miss very blatant holds by New Orleans? I'm talking about holds right infront of Referee quite a few times.

and the frekin chokeholds, sleepers all that crap.

the refs are always gonna screw the falcons over.. they've been doing it since we came into the league.

Yes. I made a thread about it during the game. There were plenty of holding calls missed. That is why we only had 1 sack. I remember a play also where Babs (I think it was Babs) beat Lehr off the snap of the ball and had Brees dead to rights and then Lehr pushed him right in the back and allowed Brees to get away from Babs. I came up out of my chair yelling for a penalty and it never got called.

It was the invoking of the mercy rule. If they hadn't let NO hold, the score woudl have become too ugly<G>

Its one of those infractions that happens on just about every play, I think the refs try to measure whether or not the incident has an affect on the play or the player when they decide to toss the flag...

That's just my 2 cents...

There's been times where I've seen guys get mauled (like Abraham on a few rushes yesterday) and not get the call, and I've seen phantom penalties that had no bearing on the outcome of the play get called and ends up bailing out the defense...

Is it me, or did the Ref's miss very blatant holds by New Orleans? I'm talking about holds right infront of Referee quite a few times.

The NFL made a new rule, no holding will be called against an opposing team of the Atlanta Falcons just because it's not fair that Ryan isn't playing like a rookie. :D

Its one of those infractions that happens on just about every play, I think the refs try to measure whether or not the incident has an affect on the play or the player when they decide to toss the flag...

That's just my 2 cents...

There's been times where I've seen guys get mauled (like Abraham on a few rushes yesterday) and not get the call, and I've seen phantom penalties that had no bearing on the outcome of the play get called and ends up bailing out the defense...

But when someone is taken down by the neck it's suppose to get called.