NFL Rules Changes that should be made, Post Yours!

iDash

NFL Rule Changes that should be made,

Please do something about it, McKay!

610x.jpg

1.NFL needs to get rid of Divisions,

Let us Play 16 Different teams every year!

Its Extremely Boring Playing the Same teams two times,

Every year,

Its not fair for teams' Fans in the Divisions of Teams like Det, KC, Oak, Car, SF, Etc

It was step up for Money saving reasons, I guess,

Its 2008,

The NFL makes Billions Now,

They can Afford it!

Each Team,

Eight Games vs NFC Conference

Eight Games vs AFC Conference

Top 10 Teams in Each Conference makes Playoffs!

2. Up the Total Number of Players for Teams for Practice during the week ,

With injured players sitting out of practice every week,

I am suprised that U can even have a Full practice,

is Snelling playing WLB in practice too?

3. Get rid of this Challenge System and Let the Booth Review, Every Play!

5 sec to get the Call Right,

its unbelievable that every week and every year calls decide games, since like Forever!

Then, Spend some More Money on More Cameras!

4. Post Yours!

Keep the schedule as it is. It makes more sense than it ever has.

Now if you want to realign again and change the schedule again for those reasons, I am all for better alignment. Forget the traditional AFC and NFC teams and let's have stronger regional rivalries.

Can you imagine an NFL SE Division with Atlanta, Jacksonville, Tampa and Miami in it? More rivalry between Georgia and Florida? Every Falcons Division game would be Georgia verses Florida again. Six wild party weekends a season? That would just be crazy badass.

ON number one. .no thank you.

Keep divisions. Eliminate, however, cross - conference games.

Play onl;y within the conference until the Superbowl. Would put allot of the mystery back in the game and would spawn many debates about which conference is better et al.

All games played in conference. Take away two preseason games, 18 game schedule. Two games against each of your division foes, one each against every other team in the conference.

Change the overtime rule. I'm tired of seeing the team that wins the coin toss win the game. Adopt a hybrid from the college ranks. Go ahead and kick off, but require each team to get a possession. If the first team scores, they kick to the second team and that team has to equal/better the score. If the first team doesn't score, punt, and that will count as the other teams possession. While I hate college just giving each team the ball, I like the idea of each team getting a chance.

My pet peeve for football rules:

If a team is on its five yard line and has a holding penalty, move the first down marker 10 yards downfield, don't move the team "half the distance to the goal". It's stoopid that a team can have two holding penalties inside the five and still have a first and 13. If they'd move the first down marker, they'd have a first and 30.

Change the overtime rule. I'm tired of seeing the team that wins the coin toss win the game. Adopt a hybrid from the college ranks. Go ahead and kick off, but require each team to get a possession. If the first team scores, they kick to the second team and that team has to equal/better the score. If the first team doesn't score, punt, and that will count as the other teams possession. While I hate college just giving each team the ball, I like the idea of each team getting a chance.

Agreed. KIcking it off makes it so offense, defense and special teams are all involved in the process.

Plus just giving the ball to someone at the thirty unfairly penalizes a great defensive team. The Ravens, for example. Or the Titans. And STILL ALLOW TIES.

If, after the overtime, or if you prefer, a certain number of them, its still tied. . its a tie. ALso in this theoretical overtime, you HAVE to go for two.

If a team is on its five yard line and has a holding penalty, move the first down marker 10 yards downfield, don't move the team "half the distance to the goal". It's stoopid that a team can have two holding penalties inside the five and still have a first and 13. If they'd move the first down marker, they'd have a first and 30.

Or on the other end. If you are on the five and you have a ten yard penalty, don't go half the distance to teh goal> Put the **** nose of the ball on the goalline. Or just amke all penalties of greater distance than the distance to the goalline be automatic first downs.

I'll pass on #1. The current scheduling system allows teams to get familiar enough to build a rivalry, which is added incentive for the fans to get emotionally attached to the match-ups, and put emphasis on building your team to compete against those teams well enough to win the division and see the post-season...

You have a point with #2...

#3. I agree with #3 to an extent. I don't want them to review every play, that would take away from the pace of the game. What I would like to see is an effort to get EVERY call right. The challenge system fails (as it did for us at Philly this year) when a team is penalized for strategically using their timeouts, but gets screwed on a bad call before the last 2 minutes...

ON number one. .no thank you.

Keep divisions. Eliminate, however, cross - conference games.

Play onl;y within the conference until the Superbowl. Would put allot of the mystery back in the game and would spawn many debates about which conference is better et al.

All games played in conference. Take away two preseason games, 18 game schedule. Two games against each of your division foes, one each against every other team in the conference.

No way...

I love the inter-conference games. It gives fans a chance to get exposed to teams they don't have any other opportunity to see...

Plus, when baseball went from the intra-conference schedule to intra-conference schedule, the fans adored it...

I don't want them to take that away...

This one is just a small thing but it came up as I was watching the game tonight. It was inside of a minute to go with San Francisco driving and they had a player get injured at the end of a play where the ballcarrier was tackled in bounds and thus the clock was still running. Since the guy was injured and couldn't get off the field in a decent amount of time, of course they had to stop the clock. But Mike Tirico then mentioned that there would be a 10 second runoff of the clock once the ball is spotted to resume play. That to me seems unfair to penalize a team like that just because a player was hurt. I'd like to see them do away with that rule and just resume the clock once the player gets off the field.

Don't make challenges cost time outs, make it cost field position or first down length. Move the sticks or ball back 15 yards on a failed challenge on offense, and up 15 yards or to the 1 if inside the 15 yard line on defense. That way you can have challenges and still have time outs. You can challenge until you get it wrong in a half. The last five minutes of the game are booth review, and any change of possession is booth reviewed.

No way...

I love the inter-conference games. It gives fans a chance to get exposed to teams they don't have any other opportunity to see...

Plus, when baseball went from the intra-conference schedule to intra-conference schedule, the fans adored it...

I don't want them to take that away...

Not all of them adored it.

Never thought of this before...I like it!

I have thought about that with personal fouls too on the defense when the ball is within the five yard line. If a defensive player knows they have just given up a first down, a cheap shout is only gonna cost them a yard or so.

refs should also "play advantage". for example: a questionable fumble or incomplete pass too often is blown dead if the ref thinks it's an incomplete pass.

the "crossing the plane" on the goal line is dumb. the ball should have to be touched down like the name indicates - touchdown. a "try" in rugby is literally a ball possessed by the offense that is touched down in the end zone. a touchdown is just a ball possessed by the offender and crossing the plane of the endzone.