Updated nfldraftcountdown.com mock

ive only watched a game or two of gresham (and not him specifically) but im not sold on him being an above average blocker at all. i have seen him absolutely whiff on 2 blocks in the running game, both resulting in TFL's, in the texas game. he is a very good WR at TE, but i dont think we are just going to take on a below-average blocker because of his receiving ability. we will be targeting someone well rounded as a receiver and a blocker imo.

that said, i wouldnt pick him over mays if that is the true debate.

Ive been saying all season Pettigrew is the best TE in the draft, guys may not be as quick as Gresham but he blocks extremly well and has amazing hands he is so well rounded he is as close to Witten as you are going to get. Gresham gets all the love but he is alot like beckum, a WR converted to TE because he can't run as quickly as WR's.

I already posted on the boards there to see if i could get a response. The way that mock is goes I see us taking either an OLB (possibly Brandon Spikes if he shows he can play there in our scheme), or Mays.... FA will dictate the pick. I don't think we will ever pick a TE in round one with Mularky here. I do like Ryan Purvis later on in the draft tho.

I'm not sure TE is a huge priority for this team. Remember, Mularkey has never coached a TE that caught 20 or more passes in a season. He prefers blockers that can catch as a safety net, not WRs who can sorta block.

I like the alternative they give in their reasoning better - Terrence "Mount" Cody. He would fit a bigger need and should sure up the run defense. As an alternative to Cody, I wouldn't mind seeing Tyson Jackson of LSU drafted to help with the depth at every position along the D-line.

Offtopic, but the best tight end in this draft IMO if he was put in the right scheme is Coffman. Which scheme is it? Not too sure, but I do know it's not our scheme that he'll fit in. He's going to be a beast though, mark my words... put him in the right system, and he will succeed.

ive only watched a game or two of gresham (and not him specifically) but im not sold on him being an above average blocker at all. i have seen him absolutely whiff on 2 blocks in the running game, both resulting in TFL's, in the texas game. he is a very good WR at TE, but i dont think we are just going to take on a below-average blocker because of his receiving ability. we will be targeting someone well rounded as a receiver and a blocker imo.

that said, i wouldnt pick him over mays if that is the true debate.

I agree with you on Gresham. He's a receiver in a TE body. He'll be a lot like the former USC WR Mike Williams, only except he will play TE. He's not going to give you much from a blocking standpoint, but he will be dangerous in the receiving game. I seriously doubt we give him much thought at all.

of the guys available I would rather take Duke Robinson or Brian Cushings. I dont really think we need a S that early.

I would be expecting Coleman & DeCoud to be our safeties. Both can play either so so pick your configuration. But w/ DeCoud being inactive so much I am starting to wonder.