Thoughts from Bronco fans

Frenzy™®

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading their board is kind of refreshing. They are supportive of their team and want them to win but, they are in no way trashing us or thinking they will walk over us. They are looking at it kind of the way I am. It will be a good game and will without a doubt be hard fought. Neither team can take this game lightly. A win will not be given to either one.

Go Falcons!! Heres to a good game and hopefully a falcons win.

I think alot of Bronco fans think we are overlooking them...we are definetly NOT doing that... we just want to beat carolina so bad it probably seems that way. And also, I think some of them are upset because they think we think Marshall is the only player they got... so not true but then again, Bronco fans should know we are soo much more than just Turner and Ryan

Yeah, I read this earlier today, there was another post to this same one.

They have been pretty respectful, and know it will be a hard matchup.

On my side, I say we have to worry about their passing offense, and short of maybe Robertson, who needs plenty of sideline time, I can't think of anyone who isn't Champ, who might not play. Their team has been on a disappointing nose dive since the first few games, where they went out and killed some other pretty good teams. I think other defenses have figured out their offensive plan, and managed to break down their defense. They haven't been able to run the ball, because they are down to 4th string, at best, at the position. It's kind of sad, because they weren't bad, had kind of a running back committee, but now it's down to PS guys. I was actually thinking last week that they should grab one of those FA RB's last week, and I thought Travis Henry would be great there. Then I realized they cut him, and Henry has of since been selling cocaine and threatening to kill other people.

If our passing defense can come up big when they need to like they did with a better passing offense in the Saints this week next week, all we can do is win. NO has better pass rushers (not by alot, they are overpaid garbage), and better LB's in Fujita and Vilma. Similar CB's, considering McKenzie was the only good one in NO, and Bly is the only good healthy one in Denver (BECAUSE WE GOT FOXY BABY!).

It's kind of crazy how similar the matchups look. I feel good about the game, but it can't be forgotten that Denver was putting up the best passing yardage at the beginning of the season. Plus Abe should only go against their RT, Clady is a beast and a half. I am so scared of Clady I will gladly mail him my lunch money from fear of him coming here beating me up, because there is no way to escape getting past him (I think he has one sack on him all year).

One of 'em has the nerve to put Hillis, that fullback that had to fill in for the Browns game, as a "threat".

I guess I'll put Snelling, our 3rd back, and Laurent/Finneran, our 3rd WR as "threats" too.

The lack of threats on Denver's offense has them looking everywhere. haha

i lol'd at this one

Fox would need moon shoes to defend BMarsh... he gives up like 6"s to a much more dominant-style reciever. We may see Marshall carry him to the endzone.

On the otherhand I think he matches up well with Easy Eddie McRoyal. Quick enough and decent coverage he'll shut down those short drag bootleg routes... and probably cut them off for INTs.

He'll have a tough day either way... they'll be spread really thin with Clady eating the 'predator'.

lmao

Denver will pick apart the Falcons defense and the Falcons O will annhilate the Denver defense leading to a shootout.

That's the most probable outcome at least...

My guess is that we will run - run - run. It's what we do. Ryan has a good feel for defenses and he'll get the throws in when he needs to. They'll work the clock. If they get a lead early - they will run and run often. Controlling the clock is effective in keeping prolific offenses off the field. It's a good strategy that seems to work well.

Cutler will get his throws - he'll get the yards. He'll get some plays and he'll score some points. But he's going to get harrassed - you can bet on that. Whether it's pressure from the DE or just pure peskiness from our back - he'll get pressured.

The thing I like about the Falcons is the goal line defense. They have been pretty amazing statistically in the red zone.

That "bend but don't break" attitude seems to be effective.

Most importantly, we are healthy right now - so we are fortunate in that area.

We will own them obviously. In that first link I couldn't get past chazoe60's comment, "Its the Falcons, we should just let them feel good about themselves for a while. They have a putrid history whose highlight is losing to us in the SB." Ouch...he got us there and I wasn't even thinking about that but now I want it that much more. :angry::angry:

I think Domonique and Houston and Coleman will contain them.

Cutler hasn't faced Abe yet, and he will be pressured to throw every time. I think our Secondary is going to hold up without much problem.

The Denver O-line has allowed the 2nd fewest sacks in the league. Rookie left tackle Ryan Clady hasn't given up a single sack all season and he's already faced elite pass rushers (Ex: Joey Porter). Plus Cutler is one of the most mobile and elusive QB's in the league.

You most likely won't pressure Cutler all that much unless our line falls apart. But hey, any given Sunday.

The Denver O-line has allowed the 2nd fewest sacks in the league. Rookie left tackle Ryan Clady hasn't given up a single sack all season and he's already faced elite pass rushers (Ex: Joey Porter). Plus Cutler is one of the most mobile and elusive QB's in the league.

You most likely won't pressure Cutler all that much unless our line falls apart. But hey, any given Sunday.

That sounds quite a bit like what the Saints fans said about the oline preventing sacks and pressure.

Don't really need him when we have such a deep WR corps, but the guy is a beast.

Also, Brees was lighting it up even without Colston (and Shockey). So IMHO Brees makes that entire offense.

Well, you could say CUtler makes YOUR entire offense.

Take Cutler out and replace him with an average quarterback. Where would Denver's offense be and how many losses would they have?