Well I just think the word "classless" is used way too much in sports. If a coach runs the score up against another team, they are known as classless. Well why should a coach take it easy on his opponent? Why should a coach tell his team not to score as much as possible. Coaches preach to players to play 100% for 60 minutes. Well coaches should coach 100% for 60 minutes like it is a close score no matter what the score is. A lot of people complain when players don't give it all everytime but then those same people are probably to call someone classless because a coach ran the score up.

Now as far as this thread, I see no problem with what Meyer said. And the recruiting thing he didn't exactly lie. With the way coaches are now days, if you're team isn't some bonafide top 15 team then your job may be in jeopardy. It's that recuit job to find out about Randy Shannon himself.

Listen, I don't have a problem with running up the score either. I didn't like the 2 TO in the later part of the game but I can deal with that. Urban probably realized that if he had got more points then the computers would favor him a little more when it comes to ranking teams... But once again, the comment after the game was OVER, didn't need to be said IMO. U won the game you made the Dawgs look bad in front of the entire nation so what else do you have to prove? That's what I have a problem with...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first off getting info and posting it 3rd hand is pretty silly to begin with but I'll adress the player info.

The Gator players made the "you could have come to Florida" comment not Coach Meyer. They said it to Ramon Buchanon who was commited to UF but switched his commitment on signing day.

As for telling things to recruits let me tell you some first hand info. Every coach, even Richt, does their share of negative recruiting to get kids to come to their school. Randy Shannon has said some very bad things to players about UF and also come out in the papers quoting recruits saying that they told him bad things about UF only to have those kids say that it was completely false. Dont think for one second that its just Urban out there being some terrible person because these kids here this everywhere they go.

Urban Meyer is the perfect coach for Florida for one simple reason....... it's simply impossible for Georgia fans to like him. It's impossible for FSU or Miami fans to like him.

Why? Because since he's been at Florida he has taken the rivalry games as personally and seriously as the fans do. It's ridiculously easy for us to hate the guy if you're a rival fan.

The 2 timeouts thing doesn't strike me as "classless" or whatever... he's just not a graceful winner. Never has been, never will be. He's the only person I can think of that has something of a Saban-like infatuation with winning. The scoreboard said enough, but it didn't convey his message. It's not quite in the same realm as celebrating a touchdown, but they both achieved their desired effect.

No I don't... That was a tool used to motivate his team. The problem I have with Myers comment is that the game was OVER. The score had said it all. Mark was probably already upset and Myer said that crap... It's like one of my relatives dying and someone saying " U want some salt for those woulds?"... Basically kicking someone when they are down... It's not necessary...

So it's okay to be classless during a game, just so long as you're not classless when it's over?

You're such a tool.

Thanks for reminding me why I hate UGA fans so much.

**** class in football.

Class is for church, the library,etc.

I get sick and tired of hearing about class when it comes to these coaches. If you don't know them personally then you can't judge their class.

I agree.

No I don't... That was a tool used to motivate his team. The problem I have with Myers comment is that the game was OVER. The score had said it all. Mark was probably already upset and Myer said that crap... It's like one of my relatives dying and someone saying " U want some salt for those woulds?"... Basically kicking someone when they are down... It's not necessary...

But if trying to say that he didn't expect that to happen was totally bogus. He knew **** well what was happening.

Urban Meyer is the perfect coach for Florida for one simple reason....... it's simply impossible for Georgia fans to like him. It's impossible for FSU or Miami fans to like him.

Why? Because since he's been at Florida he has taken the rivalry games as personally and seriously as the fans do. It's ridiculously easy for us to hate the guy if you're a rival fan.

The 2 timeouts thing doesn't strike me as "classless" or whatever... he's just not a graceful winner. Never has been, never will be. He's the only person I can think of that has something of a Saban-like infatuation with winning. The scoreboard said enough, but it didn't convey his message. It's not quite in the same realm as celebrating a touchdown, but they both achieved their desired effect.

I agree. Reminds me alot of Saban.

:lol:

I think its funny that people are always so upset when they are on the opposite side of it.

BINGO! If your team or coach does it than it's great and all but let it happen to you and all **** breaks loose.

I agree.

But if trying to say that he didn't expect that to happen was totally bogus. He knew **** well what was happening.

I agree. Reminds me alot of Saban.

BINGO! If your team or coach does it than it's great and all but let it happen to you and all **** breaks loose.

Of course Mark knew his players were going to do that... He was beating around the bush with the media saying he didn't expect for that to happen, everyone knows that...

I probably wouldn't be as upset if Mark had did something like that, but I still don't see the need for it...