Is the Saints D disciplined?

ThunderCookie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen that NO has plenty of speed on D, but how disciplined are they?

The teams that have stopped our running have been very disciplined. Oddly enough, I believe the entire game hangs on which team over persues.

They don't get a lot of penatlies...

But yeah, we overpersue on the perimeters like crazy, everyone except Vilma and McKenzie, basically.

The single biggest chink in our D's armor has been the inability to get to the QB. Your oline's a little banged up this week, no?

But yeah, we overpersue on the perimeters like crazy, everyone except Vilma and McKenzie, basically.

The single biggest chink in our D's armor has been the inability to get to the QB. Your oline's a little banged up this week, no?

our LT's out, but he's been out for nearly half the season already and we've only given up 5 more sacks than you guys. ryan has good pocket presence and gets the ball out of his hands quickly, which makes it hard to get to him.

our LT's out, but he's been out for nearly half the season already and we've only given up 5 more sacks than you guys. ryan has good pocket presence and gets the ball out of his hands quickly, which makes it hard to get to him.

you do know that Hollis Thomas is going to sit on Ryan, dont you

Get Norwood and Turner to the edges has been what i wanted to happen all week and still want to happen. If they do that they will have a field day especially Norwood.

Get Norwood and Turner to the edges has been what i wanted to happen all week and still want to happen. If they do that they will have a field day especially Norwood.

the saints are running a scheme this year that doesn't allow rb's to get to the outside. safeties are coming up more aggresively in run defense not allowing rb's to bounce outside while the line and lbers control the middle. if a rb does try to make it too the outside our lb's have enough speed to get to the edge and stop the rb.

the falcons best bet will be to run pitches to the outside and seal off the edge, but teams aren't having much success at doing that this season. washington was really the only team that could do it on a limited basis.

the saints are running a scheme this year that doesn't allow rb's to get to the outside. safeties are coming up more aggresively in run defense not allowing rb's to bounce outside while the line and lbers control the middle. if a rb does try to make it too the outside our lb's have enough speed to get to the edge and stop the rb.

the falcons best bet will be to run pitches to the outside and seal off the edge, but teams aren't having much success at doing that this season. washington was really the only team that could do it on a limited basis.

Ahh good post.

Just like every other team so far this season, Matt Ryan will have to make them respect the pass. And thats fine, he is a rookie, so until a team sees that he can consistently beat people with his arm they will just stack the box.

If we get some early success in the passing game, it has always opened up our run game.

We will see if that happens this week...stats and rankings dont mean much in division games.

Just like every other team so far this season, Matt Ryan will have to make them respect the pass. And thats fine, he is a rookie, so until a team sees that he can consistently beat people with his arm they will just stack the box.

If we get some early success in the passing game, it has always opened up our run game.

We will see if that happens this week...stats and rankings dont mean much in division games.

wwl (local radio) interviewed yalls starting center today, mcclur i believe? and he said yall will come out running the football.

I'm relying on these stats to hold up true. Your Total defense (346.4)---Total rushing (109.1)---Total passing (237.2)---We will attacj with the rush and your team has given up 109.1 yards which isn't bad, but not great. The yards may be given up the middle then? Either way we get them inside/outside it doesn't matter. More enticing to me is the 237.2 yards passing? Ryan may have huge plays in the making there especially if you stack the box. We are the number 1 rushing team at slightly more than 163 yards a game where we are even better at home. It should be interesting.

NEW ORLEANS Defensive Rank for total, rushing, and passing

Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Scrm Plys Yds/G Yds/P 1st/G 3rd Md 3rd Att 3rd Pct 4th Md 4th Att 4th Pct Pen Pen Yds ToP/G FUM Lost

24 New Orleans Saints 8 24.4 195 496 346.4 5.6 18.9 37 101 37 3 5 60 52 424 28:51 6 5

Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM

18 New Orleans Saints 8 24.4 195 201 25.1 873 4.3 109.1 4 46 39 19.4 4 2 0

Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate

25 New Orleans Saints 8 24.4 195 159 281 56.6 35.1 1,898 7.1 237.2 12 6 100 35.6 67T 29 1 14 84.0

I'm relying on these stats to hold up true. Your Total defense (346.4)---Total rushing (109.1)---Total passing (237.2)---We will attacj with the rush and your team has given up 109.1 yards which isn't bad, but not great. The yards may be given up the middle then? Either way we get them inside/outside it doesn't matter. More enticing to me is the 237.2 yards passing? Ryan may have huge plays in the making there especially if you stack the box. We are the number 1 rushing team at slightly more than 163 yards a game where we are even better at home. It should be interesting.

NEW ORLEANS Defensive Rank for total, rushing, and passing

Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Scrm Plys Yds/G Yds/P 1st/G 3rd Md 3rd Att 3rd Pct 4th Md 4th Att 4th Pct Pen Pen Yds ToP/G FUM Lost

24 New Orleans Saints 8 24.4 195 496 346.4 5.6 18.9 37 101 37 3 5 60 52 424 28:51 6 5

Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM

18 New Orleans Saints 8 24.4 195 201 25.1 873 4.3 109.1 4 46 39 19.4 4 2 0

Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate

25 New Orleans Saints 8 24.4 195 159 281 56.6 35.1 1,898 7.1 237.2 12 6 100 35.6 67T 29 1 14 84.0

stats can be misleading at times. especially these. the saints run d has improved bigtime. the only two teams that have run on the saints were the skins and chargers. i feel in a game you hate to look at the total yards, not ypc.

stats can be misleading at times. especially these. the saints run d has improved bigtime. the only two teams that have run on the saints were the skins and chargers. i feel in a game you hate to look at the total yards, not ypc.

If you stop us at home where our run game has been phenomenal then I would say you've improved. The Sainst also average giving up 25 points a game I believe?

If you stop us at home where our run game has been phenomenal then I would say you've improved. The Sainst also average giving up 25 points a game I believe?

all that home stuff will go out the window this week, the saints play indoors also. crowd noise won't disrupt the saints, especially in the running game. the saints have contained rb's that are better then turner this season. expect the saints to come out and really get after ryan , that is where they have been the best at.

as for the offensive side, expect brees to carve up the falcons. that is something i can guarantee. this will be a highscoring game, it will come close to those whoever can outscore the other will take the win.

if we had baker i'd be confident in saying that you guys wouldnt be able to get to ryan but i cant say that since we have gandy in.

dont expect to get too much pressure on him. that kid is just as poised and good at escaping pressure in the pocket as any qb in the league, and im not just saying that because he's our qb. most of the people that have seen him play have said the same.

if we had baker i'd be confident in saying that you guys wouldnt be able to get to ryan but i cant say that since we have gandy in.

dont expect to get too much pressure on him. that kid is just as poised and good at escaping pressure in the pocket as any qb in the league, and im not just saying that because he's our qb. most of the people that have seen him play have said the same.

What about Weiner? Is he hurt?

that will also be interesting to watch, gandy and will smith went up against each other everyday in practice. both know the others tendecies (sp?)

What about Weiner? Is he hurt?

yup wiener's hurt. we may start him, i dont know but since we worked gandy in during the 2nd half of last week's game so much i kind of get the feeling he'll get the start.

personally i dont feel good with either of them starting, but it is what it is. PLEASE GET WELL SOON BAKER!!!!