Well, this should end any Russell vs. Ryan discussion

ThunderCookie

They said during the game that Cable had told Russell to quit focusing on "the details". Ryan's strong point is the details.

There is no comparison between the two.

agreed.........Russell still may pan out to not be a total bust - but I doubt it. Russell is what he is......He's a 50% completion rate kind of guy that is gonna throw 1 TD/game and has a live arm but will frustrate his fans at the inability to sustain long drives......I'm sure he will improve somewhat but that is what he is - does not have the leadership ability to rally his teammates either from what I can tell........

JaMarcus Russell is eerily similiar to YKW to me...

agreed.........Russell still may pan out to not be a total bust - but I doubt it. Russell is what he is......He's a 50% completion rate kind of guy that is gonna throw 1 TD/game and has a live arm but will frustrate his fans at the inability to sustain long drives......I'm sure he will improve somewhat but that is what he is - does not have the leadership ability to rally his teammates either from what I can tell........

JaMarcus Russell is eerily similiar to YKW to me...

Russell is similar to Vick in the passing game but Vick was the better QB handsdown because of what he could do with his legs. I hate the dude but we may never see another QB that could do the kinds of things he did.

Russell may be a nice guy or not I dont know. He looks out of shape. He reminds me of Daunte Culpepper out of his prime. Also, if you see your quarterback at the press conference with his hat backwards and wearing a huge iced out wrist watch or what ever it may be, it has to say something about the character of Russell. Constantly Russell was showing off his wrist jewelry in his conference pretty much telling everyone, I got my money, so it doesn't matter if we win or lose.

There's no comparing Matt Ryan to Russell. Russell isn't even in the same league. However, I don't think Russell is completely to blame for the Raiders inability to win...karst41 said it all...Al Davis. They've got alot more than just QB issues in Oakland. I wish we could play them 8 more times lol.

Well of course Ryan does look like the better QB of the two. But Ryan has also benefited from being surrounded by a great organization. The biggest coup in the offeseason wasn't drafting Ryan. It was hiring Dimitroff to put the pieces together of an entire new organization from the ground up. While Ryan is clearly the more polished QB at this point, Russell is in NFL purgatory out there with Zaney Al Davis and his troup of merry fellows.

For once, the Falcons seem to have put all the essential elements together of a winning organization: good general manager, good head coach and coaching staff, and good starting QB. Wow the stars have suddenly aligned in Atlanta. B)

did anyone see the press conference for the Raiders after the game? I just watched it (its on raiders.com) and JaMarcus was wearing some serious bling and was very nonchalant about losing. And Cable said that it was the best week of preparation they had this year, I wouldn't want to know what it would be like if it was their worst week of prep.