Man My sink is stopped up

KingPickles

if it has a disposal on it, do NOT use any Dran-O or any other liquid plumbing liquid.

Your best bet is using a snake to find a stoppage.

If you are lucky, the plumber pieced together the PVC-pipe plumbing without glue (if you see purple around the joints, it is glued/cement shut)

If the plumber or some other handyman did not glue the pieces, you should be able to take it apart and use the snake from the furthest point downward.

If all else fails, call a real plumber, but request that he make all the pieces so that you can take them apart yourself.

Chances are there's a clog in the "trap" under the sink...that's the U shaped piece of pipe under the sink. You'll need to empty the water out of the sink...if you've got a Wet/Dry Vac then just hook it up and suction the water out of the sink from above, and then stick the hose into the drain from up top and suction all the water out of the pipe in front of the trap...If you don't have a wet/dry vac and can't get one, then put some towels down under the sink and get a HUGE bucket or bowl, or several small ones, and unscrew the trap and the let water pour out in the bucket/bowl. Then you can unclog the trap either with the wet/dry vac or with a outdoor water hose on full blast... ;)

Chances are there's a clog in the "trap" under the sink...that's the U shaped piece of pipe under the sink. You'll need to empty the water out of the sink...if you've got a Wet/Dry Vac then just hook it up and suction the water out of the sink from above, and then stick the hose into the drain from up top and suction all the water out of the pipe in front of the trap...If you don't have a wet/dry vac and can't get one, then put some towels down under the sink and get a HUGE bucket or bowl, or several small ones, and unscrew the trap and the let water pour out in the bucket/bowl. Then you can unclog the trap either with the wet/dry vac or with a outdoor water hose on full blast... ;)

what about a double sink?

Use a plunger to get it draing then take the trap apart like everyones telling you. use a new plunger if youre squeamish.

Using a plunger is tricky my friend a plumber showed me you can screw your pipes too. Fill the sink till about 5-6 inches of water unless its higher, put the plunger in and press down on the opening and slowly pull back. Don't plunge it like a toilet. Your trying to creat suction to pull the clog out of the way. If you do it like a toilet you can blow your pipes out if their PVC. ;)

Using a plunger is tricky my friend a plumber showed me you can screw your pipes too. Fill the sink till about 5-6 inches of water unless its higher, put the plunger in and press down on the opening and slowly pull back. Don't plunge it like a toilet. Your trying to creat suction to pull the clog out of the way. If you do it like a toilet you can blow your pipes out if their PVC. ;)

good advice. I had a friend who had rusted pipes and I blew a hole through them with a plunger. :P